Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Easton E700 Helmet Teardown

One side at a time. I managed to get it on, but it seems like there's a lot of stress on the visor and the screws. Is the Oakley visor narrower between the temples than the HS22, or is it normal for the visor to be stressed? This is my first visor, I've always used full cages before.

It is easier to do both sides first (top screw on both sides, then bottom screw on both sides) than to do one side at a time. The reason is because it aligns the shield. That's why you had such a hard time with it.

It is easier to do both sides first (top screw on both sides, then bottom screw on both sides) than to do one side at a time. The reason is because it aligns the shield. That's why you had such a hard time with it.

At first I was doing it one side at a time, but then I did both sides first and then the bottom screw. I wasn't very clear in my posts. Doing one on each side first was much easier, but I'm still a little worried about the stress on the visor and screws. I guess I'll just play it by ear.

Visor came in today. Got it mounted pretty quick, all four spacers and she was done. Can't wait to finally get this bad boy out on the ice on Friday!

2012-02-22_20-28-36_627.jpg

2012-02-22_20-29-55_583.jpg

2012-02-22_20-29-05_764.jpg

I wonder if the aviator cut is more narrow than the straight cut visor. What size helmet is that and how much stress is the visor under?

It's a medium helmet and doesn't appear to be any stress other than whatever it being spaced out puts on it. Seems to fit very well and didn't add any pinch points to the helmet itself. All in all I couldn't be happier.

It's a medium helmet and doesn't appear to be any stress other than whatever it being spaced out puts on it. Seems to fit very well and didn't add any pinch points to the helmet itself. All in all I couldn't be happier.

Cool, I had to squeeze mine in quite a bit to get it to fit. It's an awesome helmet and you're gonna love it on the ice. Closest thing to going helmetless, weightwise, and coming from a Bauer 5000, I was really happy with the way it kept the sweat out of my face.

Cool, I had to squeeze mine in quite a bit to get it to fit. It's an awesome helmet and you're gonna love it on the ice. Closest thing to going helmetless, weightwise, and coming from a Bauer 5000, I was really happy with the way it kept the sweat out of my face.

The sweat thing is one of the things I've been looking forward to the most. I have large pores and sweat really easy so after a period my 8k had it just pouring down my face. Needed a towel for my visor and one for my head, freakin' miserable. Between my bucket and the other new stuff I picked up last weekend it's gonna be a fun, but adjustment making day on the ice. Can't wait!

The S19 I had wound up with circular stress breaks from the lower visor screws on both sides. Have the E700 now with the same set up (medium helmet and Oakley pro straight) so time will tell whether the E700 has fixed the problem.

Had my first run with this thing this morning and I can't say enough about it! So light, So Comfortable, super rarely had any sweat in my face (and I was sweating like crazy) and I had so many guys complementing me and asking questions about it. The thing just does not move even when digging in the corner yet has absolutely no pinch of pressure points. Not sure how any of the other Easton helmets played but the E700 was worth every hot cent I payed for it.

I can't get a definitive answer from any shops on when this helmet will be shipped in additional colors... Anyone know?

Think they said sometime in March. But that's not very definitive.

Has there been a consensus on what cage best fits the s17/E700 helmet?

Is there an absolute Easton produce caged for this line of helmets? Just trying to find a verdict.

My father uses the E700 helmet and his Bauer cage doesn't fit comfortably. The chin strap is up in his mouth and the snaps barely reach the side of his helmet.

I have an s19 helmet, and I believe the shell and mounting points are the same as the e700. I had a 9900 medium cage on my medium s19, and had a similar problem to your dad. The chin cup kept riding up and was more over my mouth. I now have a medium ccm 480 on and it fits well.

If the shell is different and cages fit different on the e700 compared to s19, I'm sorry, and this info doesn't do much good :) Haha

The S19 I had wound up with circular stress breaks from the lower visor screws on both sides. Have the E700 now with the same set up (medium helmet and Oakley pro straight) so time will tell whether the E700 has fixed the problem.

I've seen a couple of S19's with the same issue- does anyone know if this area was "beefed up" on the 700? Certainly be careful not to overtighten as this material seems some what less forgiving than traditional helmets.

As previously stated, the compatibility issue with cages from the S19 has been addressed in the E700.

I thought I remembered hearing that. Sorry JR!

Easton has some gunmetal colored cages which are fairly lightweight coming to market soon. Personally I use an old S17 cage which I think is higher quality than the S13. I'm waiting for Bauer's TI cage. Hope it fits well!

Easton has some gunmetal colored cages which are fairly lightweight coming to market soon. Personally I use an old S17 cage which I think is higher quality than the S13. I'm waiting for Bauer's TI cage. Hope it fits well!

We have an entire rack full of S17s left to rot, someone at Operations decided it was a good idea to send us a huge shipment of these things and have us sell them at less than cost...and they're still there after 6 months... /end rant

How did you like the visibility on the S17 cages?

edit : cages, not helmets

S17 helmets or S17 cages? I'd take another cage. Mine is a little rusty...

The visibility is fine, but after playing goal for so long, I have trained myself to make the bars disappear, in what ever cage I'm wearing.

I just purchased one last night.

Does anyone notice the visor sits lower on the face on this bucket?

Which visor are people using?

I just transfered an Oakley pro straight small from a V08