Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illkins9

If You Could Change/Fix 1 Thing About Your Game/Ability What Would It Be?

For everyone looking to work on their hands, I really found the Kwikhands set helped me out a lot. Somewhat expensive, but I followed the instructions for a month, and it really helped reinforce the proper motion. Might be worth a look.

Realistically, though, if you just practice the proper motion for a month with a stickhandling ball, it'd really help.

Where the Kwikhands set really shone was increasing my wrist strength. I was able to do the lacrosse move, forehand and backhand, with one hand, after the month.

Sadly, I've since lost that strength...

Nah, puck anxiety is deking the goalie on a breakaway, having nothing but net to shoot at, and not firing because you can't believe that your move just worked. That was my one and only breakaway in youth hockey.

Today, I'd have to say my major weakness is leg strength as it relates to skating ability and stamina. I've got a good stride, pretty good fundamentals, and am very strong backwards, but I've been away from the game for too long to have any ability to stay strong for 20-25 minutes of ice time in a game. Weekly open skates and off-ice workouts are starting to help, just gotta keep at it. I'm too competitive to let it get the best of me.

Passing.

I find that my point totals are awkwardly skewed in the G/A department (for example, this season so far 8g, 2a) and it bothers me. Some of is just because passes are getting buried, but there's plenty of times I choose the wrong option when I can either pass or shoot... and realize it after.

Passing.

I find that my point totals are awkwardly skewed in the G/A department (for example, this season so far 8g, 2a) and it bothers me. Some of is just because passes are getting buried, but there's plenty of times I choose the wrong option when I can either pass or shoot... and realize it after.

When I was younger i played defense, I had a similar dilemma...to shoot or pass in the offensive zone. I had a coach tell me, "you have more time then you think, think for one extra second before you give the puck away". And he was right, as fast as the game is, it seems allot faster in your head when you got the puck. That statement really helped me. I will add that out on the point we often have one extra second, little different for forwards, but the same point.

I would love to have the balance and stride i had as a kid back. But at 33 and with two kids and my own company getting out one the ice only twice a week is about all i can do.

my skating is actually one thing im proud of and can hang with most but my hands have really started to go as i get'older and i would think it wouldnt be that way. my mind knows exactly what to do but sadly at times my hands dont listen

My shot accuracy (on my bad days), and i'd fix my 'silly mistakes' - I generally play well but damn do I do some stupid things somethimes!

For my league, hands are OK, shot is OK, but man I wish I could develop more quickness. Playing D, I can round the net and build up speed through cross overs and have some pretty good rushes but with stops and starts and acceleration I am awful. It's probably the extra 60 pounds I shouldn't be carrying -ha ha - but I hate the slow start ups.

Wish I could stick handle better. I'm a quick and fluent skater, but I'm so soft on the puck it's not even funny. I'm a "skates the most, does the least" kind of player. A lot of times, I'm just moving more quickly than I can control the puck.

Wish I could stick handle better. I'm a quick and fluent skater, but I'm so soft on the puck it's not even funny. I'm a "skates the most, does the least" kind of player. A lot of times, I'm just moving more quickly than I can control the puck.

Haha this is my game too, I can't count the number of times I try to start a breakout with a pass (head always up, mind you), completely fan on it and have to circle back, panic and give it away :facepalm: