Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sav25

Another thanks to Revision

Hey

Just wanted to recommend Revision Hockey to anyone thinking of making a purchase.

I had a freak defected wheel that bust out on me - It was surprising because all of my other wheels that came with the skates have been perfect. I contacted the guys at Revision and they resolved the problem straight away and even put me in contact with my local Revision distributer to sort it out as quickly as possible.

It's this kind of thing that keeps me with the smaller companies, rather than the massive brands.

Thanks to Tyler and Tim @ Revision - good guys.

Rich

do you have the revision vanquish? if so what do you think about the 100m wheel thingy? or you're just talking about the wheels?

I was a bit sceptical before I got them (after ordering) as the brand and the skates were new. I thought the 100mm wheel might be hard to get used to - or heavy - and the boot itself isn't the lightest out there.

However, after 3 weeks or so working them in, and after a bake, I love them!

It might just be in my head, but it feels like the extra 'side' surface area of the 100mm wheel lets me make turns real sharp without losing any grip - I feel more confident going round the back of the goals fast, for example.

Weight wise, I don't notice it. I'm a heavy but fast guy, and I would rate the speed of these the same as my old Mission Leiutenants.

The durability of the 100mm is the same as other wheels I'd say - they last a bit less than Revision's standard wheels (76mm/80mm) but still the same, if not better, than the other top brands.

Availability of the 100mm wheels isn't a problem for me - even in the UK where shops are limited - because the guys look after you cand you can order direct.

I'm holding out for their new boots now, which are meant to be a lot better than the first Vanquish (lighter etc)

Recommended.