Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Reebok Catalogue

the new White K skate seems to be inbetween the 14k and 12k... guess Reebok wasn't seeing enough sales to offer it as option on higher models?

Shame... would have easily bought a white 20k 18 or 16k

is the 7k white from 2010/11 better, same or worse than the 2012 white K coming out as far as technology and durability?

Seem to be around same spot in the line.

is the price point for the White K released yet?

Going to be kind of tough for someone to comment on the durability of a skate that isn't out yet.

I meant like the technology used in the skate... I know jack when it comes to that stuff. A lot of people around here do know about it. They might know which materials may hold up or last longer.

Thanks a lot Rubo, appreciate the insight.

It looks like the pre-sale has started on a few online retailers and my friend said his LHS took his order.

I'll probably be waiting until May when I get home from college before I have time to really try them on.

If anyone tries them on, buys them I would love to hear what you think. I will only be playing men's league with the skates.

Wow. Price went up to 799.00 for the 20k? Is it that different?

I can't comment on the 20K in particular, since I haven't seen it first hand, let alone skated in it...but at the top end, pricing has a lot to do with being taken seriously. Many people willing to pay for top-end equipment need to see a price that's comparable its competitors in order to believe the performance is also comparable.

This is how I see the correlation to the price of the 20K with its quality.

The boot is Canadien made, this right here to me adds $100 to the price of the skate. The 11K was also canadien made so there is still a $200 difference between the two... Cost of materials has risen (as it always will keep rising), I think (don't quote me just speculating here) that Clarino like material has become insanely expensive, as with the Bauer One.9 and One.8 the price has also risen compared to their predecessors with minimal improvement. there is A LOT more to the skate compared to the 11K. It is heavier but its also made to last that competitive player more then one season. Anyone who bought the 11/10/8K and play at a high level really needed a new skate after one year. This skate is built to give that player a lot more life out of it. There is some new technology in the skate as well, so R&D and advertisement come into play with that as well. And then that mindset, if its not at the same price it is inferior in some way.

We had a hard time selling 11Ks and CLs simply because people just put the T1 and APX way over those two in quality. More expensive is always better, right?

We had a hard time selling 11Ks and CLs simply because people just put the T1 and APX way over those two in quality. More expensive is always better, right?

Agreed. There are many who come in with a mindset to buy Bauer and that's understandable. It's a bit more difficult to convince them to look at CCM or Reebok if they are better fitted in those brands.

But will they feel like NXG's, APX, Nexus as far as comfort? I am not talking fit, but the slipper like comfort these skates have. Or will they feel more like the 649.00 one.9 and X7.0? As a consumer I would say it may quack like a duck but we all know that does not automatically make it a duck...

Hmm, that KFS Hybrid ShoulderPad set actually looks pretty interesting. Does anyone have any extra info on them yet, or better yet being able to see one in person at a preview or something?

Just curious how it fits compared to a normal set of pads. I get driven a bit crazy by having pads on, call it an ocd thing of feeling like my range of motion is compromised, esp at the bottom of the chest on normal shoulder pads where it would dig into a hip or waist on a deep bend. Mostly just asking how noticeable they are I guess?

Went through a quick once-over on the 18K and 20K a few days ago and a few things learned:

- Heel width has been narrowed down to a D/AA instead of the D/A on the 11Ks

- Moving back the Pump has the bladder push more downward on the ankle/heel as opposed to in on the ankles...supposed to give better heel lock

- Outsole and overall construction of the 20K has a greater focus on performance over durability and one aspect I remember hearing are thinner outsoles (sidewalls as well iirc) on the 20K allow for greater feel at the slight expense of durability

- Tendon flex is more noticeable on the 18K than the 20K, still quite stiff

Just curious how it fits compared to a normal set of pads. I get driven a bit crazy by having pads on, call it an ocd thing of feeling like my range of motion is compromised, esp at the bottom of the chest on normal shoulder pads where it would dig into a hip or waist on a deep bend. Mostly just asking how noticeable they are I guess?

I wasn't able to wear them with the shirt, but yes, it is a different feel, as it feels that there's less there (in a good way)

Went through a quick once-over on the 18K and 20K a few days ago and a few things learned:

- Heel width has been narrowed down to a D/AA instead of the D/A on the 11Ks

- Moving back the Pump has the bladder push more downward on the ankle/heel as opposed to in on the ankles...supposed to give better heel lock

- Outsole and overall construction of the 20K has a greater focus on performance over durability and one aspect I remember hearing are thinner outsoles (sidewalls as well iirc) on the 20K allow for greater feel at the slight expense of durability

- Tendon flex is more noticeable on the 18K than the 20K, still quite stiff

a shame they had to bump up the price just to make the image seem high end :( I could of used the difference to pay for customs.

Love the white ones

I see the 18K as being what Reebok should have had as their new top-end and I agree with you kenneth. Both definitely improvements over the 11Ks though.

Fit hasn't changed.

Spring 2012.

the fit has changed in the heel area, seems much tighter in the back, locked my heel in perfectly without the pump unlike my 8k and 11k.

also way too soft, a bit stiffer than the 11k in the lower area but i was able to squeeze the top area very easily just like the 11k. very disappointing as they fit me a1 and i am done with taping my ankles.