Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 CCM Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/129-2012-ccm-hockey-catalogue/

Please note that the CCM logo has been tweaked for 2012; gone are the "streaks." It's just the three letters from here on out.

Skates - Unchanged

Sticks - Other than the Midnight U+ series (CL, U+10, U+06), sticks are unchanged. Pattern updates however; Ovechkin becomes Nugent-Hopkins; Crazy OVI becomes Crazy Curve, and their Lidstrom clone is now the Burns. Two new patterns (but limited to the Midnight sticks) are a true 3/8" mid-heel lie 5 clone in the Couturier, and Landeskog is a Warrior Kovalev clone.

Gloves - CL glove is unchanged for 2012, however, the 4R glove is now replaced by the 4R Pro II. The cuff is opened up as well as backroll ventilation.

Helmets - The 06 helmet is new for 2012; comes with EPP liner, however is not tool-less in terms of adjusting. The 480 cage is now the 580.

Protective - This category has been getting huge buzz for CCM; the U+CL protective line is primarily composed of a blended U-Foam which is able to absorb impact, however, stay water-resistant. By also eliminating a lot of the filler padding and plastic (only areas of the pads that have plastic are the chest/back plates on the shoulder pad and the knee/shincap on the shinpads), the pads become extremely lightweight. Certainly impressed quite a few people, that is for sure. It also carries over to the pant, where the hip/thigh/kidney pads are U-Foam.

Just in time too, CCM posted a picture of Hossa with the Midnight CL.

Crazy idea for the future here: heat mouldable helmet featuring...U Foam! It's everywhere lol

Impressed so far by what CCM has to offer. Seems they're trending up after falling behind for years. Hopefully it's not too little too late.

Can anyone tell me which pants in the new lineup would be equivalent to the current u+ 09?

IF those were the 2nd in the line, whatever is the 2nd in the line this year.

Im stoked about the 1899 shoulders. I have the sherwoods now and they're just about down the tubes........they're gonna make it till spring , now that i saw those 1899's

I always was a reebok player since they came out with sticks. I tested the u+10 stick for a while and I really love the "C" geometry. Nice stick! Specialy for me as defender this stick is very responsive on slapshots! I think CCM did a great job lately with their stuff and hopefully they will build on that. I become a huge CCM fan lately! I like the new "midnight" style of the sticks.

how would the protective line compare to the warrior projekt line? i currently have those and they are extremely lightweight...thanks

the new top level pads are much lighter than anything else I have seen.

Now, someone please correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't appear the new CL and CS shoulders feature the integrated low profile caps we saw on previous CCM models (Pro, Fit 09, Fit 07..etc.)?

I just picked up the U+ Fit 09 (second from top model) shoulder pads last week. Really impressive in my opinion, I love the collarbone protection system, and for a higher end pad I liked the low profile. My only issue so far is that the collar system looks a bit awkward with a jersey over it, breaks up the broadness of the shoulder I guess. This however looks a lot cleaner and I'm guessing they figured out away to even out the shoulder cap and collar system. Very nice.

anyone has info on the new rbz stick? it seems interesting. I wonder if that will improve the company's stick reputation. I guess it will be out for fall2012...