Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 CCM Catalogue

If you have a skate question (that doesn't involve an answer of telling someone how a retail skate fits despite the fact that theirs was custom) ask it in a thread in the regular forums. This is discussion of the catalogue.

i was wondering wat is the difference between the CL and CS shoulder pads, also has the CL shoulder pads have given up protection for weight? if so does anyone know how the CL's protection compare with last years u+ pro shoulder pads?

the CL uses U foam throughout, whereas the CL uses "molded laminated foam" throughout with PE inserts in the clavicle and bicep, except for U foam in the caps. I have no idea personally how protective U foam is, but i'ma hazard a guess that it is more protective than laminated foam and inserts.

the U+12 spec wise looks comparable to last years U+07

the CL uses U foam throughout, whereas the CL uses "molded laminated foam" throughout with PE inserts in the clavicle and bicep, except for U foam in the caps. I have no idea personally how protective U foam is, but i'ma hazard a guess that it is more protective than laminated foam and inserts.

the U+12 spec wise looks comparable to last years U+07

i guess i'm going to have to wait until they hit the stores to find out for myself...i'm kind of skeptical about the ufoam being more protective than pe inserts, since most of the stuff that manufactures say are all kinda pseudotechnology

i guess i'm going to have to wait until they hit the stores to find out for myself...i'm kind of skeptical about the ufoam being more protective than pe inserts, since most of the stuff that manufactures say are all kinda pseudotechnology

curious about the U+ pro vs the new U+ CL. I have the pro but find them still too bulky. Was wondering if the U+ CL is significantly more streamlined while still providing the protection of the u+ pro.

curious about the U+ pro vs the new U+ CL. I have the pro but find them still too bulky. Was wondering if the U+ CL is significantly more streamlined while still providing the protection of the u+ pro.

The CL will definitely seem more streamlined and less bulky than the Pro. I use the Pros myself and I find the CLs to actually be lacking protection. I'm not convinced that the thin U Foams in the chest and back will do much if anything, but compare that to the same areas in the T1 and X:60 pads, not too much difference in protection. Excellent shoulder caps though, best top-end cap in the market imo.

The CL will definitely seem more streamlined and less bulky than the Pro. I use the Pros myself and I find the CLs to actually be lacking protection. I'm not convinced that the thin U Foams in the chest and back will do much if anything, but compare that to the same areas in the T1 and X:60 pads, not too much difference in protection. Excellent shoulder caps though, best top-end cap in the market imo.

i've had a look at the CL and i found the same thing, it is EXTREMELY light but i seriously doubt the protection of the U foam, especially on the chest and ribs area....i think i might stick to my old U+ pros....as i don't really mind the extra weight as long as it provides adequate protection

edit: i was wondering if the CS shoulder pads would be better in regards to protection in the chest, back and clavicle area since it uses PVC inserts instead of the U foam

i've had a look at the CL and i found the same thing, it is EXTREMELY light but i seriously doubt the protection of the U foam, especially on the chest and ribs area....i think i might stick to my old U+ pros....as i don't really mind the extra weight as long as it provides adequate protection

edit: i was wondering if the CS shoulder pads would be better in regards to protection in the chest, back and clavicle area since it uses PVC inserts instead of the U foam

are the CS and CL shoulders the same size with the only difference being the material used in certain areas which would increase the weight? Would go for the CS over the CL if that was the case and both were equally streamlined.

the CS are a lot cheaper than the CL at my LHS but they haven't got their stock yet.

So do you guys think ccm will take the Landeskog curve (heel like P91A) and make it outside of there limited edition stick and put it on something like the Crazy Strong?

Right now no. I haven't seen the fall release yet for sticks, so that may be an option for some sticks at a later date. But for the mean time it'll only be available on the midnight edition stick.

Saw a prostock ccm midnight stick tonight. What's the idea behind the "waves" at the bottom of the shaft?

So do you guys think ccm will take the Landeskog curve (heel like P91A) and make it outside of there limited edition stick and put it on something like the Crazy Strong?

Yeah, there is a LAN curve on the new Taylormade sticks, but by the description it's not a P91A type. Not sure if there is a P91A type.

I might be switching to the U+CL Shoulders. I tried them on last week and they feel so good!

Been wearing them the last few weeks including a full contact tournament, and they are outstanding. Extremely light, they don't shift on the body with movement(an issue I had with my previous shoulders.) And they absorb impacts really well.

Just my two cents.

Landeskog's curve is more similar to Sherwood's Coffey curve and Reebok's new Bergeron curve. But there won't be anything in the CCM curve lineup that will be similar to the P91A. Your other options are Easton Parise, Graf #044, Reebok Phaneuf, Sherwood PP20 DR, or Warrior Kovalev.

Yeah, there is a LAN curve on the new Taylormade sticks, but by the description it's not a P91A type. Not sure if there is a P91A type.

Indeed, the retail Landeskog curve is nothing like a P91A. It's a big banana curve, a bit open with a fairly low lie (roughly lie 5). Somewhat similar to a P14, except it's a deeper curve with a longer blade and a touch less open.

I have the CCM CS shoulder pads and like the weight and mobility, but hate the size of the neck hole. Makes the pads shift around (on me) during play. Been thinking about trying one of the new bauer undershirts that have grip on the shoulders. If that doesn't help then I will probably look for something else.