Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Bauer Hockey Catalogue

Wow a lot of great stuff coming from Bauer. I really like the look of the re-akt helmet especially the back. It looks like a deep fitting helmet though. Hopefully it fits. For those who've tried it can you compare the fit to any current helmet?

Hey JR on the other thread you said you see a potential issue with the re-akt helmet, could you share this problem?

Fits very similar to a V08.

I am concerned it won't handle sweat well, especially someone who shaves their head. I will know once I skate in it.

Big props to Bauer for putting both 60 flex and the P14 curve out as options on intermediate sticks that aren't just their top of the line models. Bauer and Warrior have great offerings in these aspects, I wish Easton would catch up

JR, what's the difference between the Curv and the ALIVE?

For those more familiar with Bauer helmets, I've also heard that it's narrow like a 4500 but deep like a 5100, do you agree?

Also, the issue with those having the liner wear out around the eyelets has been addressed; it had to do with the tongue construction. The liner is the same as the TotalONE, but by tweaking the tongue in the NXG, that issue has been addressed.

Cant' resist :) I knew that!

Dammit - I was trying to convince St.Gerome when building my customs that the tounge was causing the problem but they didn't listen so after spending close to $1000 with taxes etc on the skates I had to patch them up 2 months after receiving them.

and the gurus on the site didn't want to admin TO was a lemon in this regard!

Btw there's another high wear area - it's on the ankle guard where the top outer area wears out from the shins and rips fairly quickly...

Cool. Want a cookie?

Cant' resist :) I knew that!

Dammit - I was trying to convince St.Gerome when building my customs that the tounge was causing the problem but they didn't listen so after spending close to $1000 with taxes etc on the skates I had to patch them up 2 months after receiving them.

and the gurus on the site didn't want to admin TO was a lemon in this regard!

Btw there's another high wear area - it's on the ankle guard where the top outer area wears out from the shins and rips fairly quickly...

Curv® is a brand name for the material. Me thinks they're doing the right thing as Graf has gotten what seems to be the same material.

Like I said, I think the best comparison is the Vector 08 helmet. Streamlined and deep.

JR, what's the difference between the Curv and the ALIVE?

For those more familiar with Bauer helmets, I've also heard that it's narrow like a 4500 but deep like a 5100, do you agree?

Mr. Bauer, why do you persist with not making P12 retail? Damn you.

its like serving Non-alcoholic beer at Cheeseburger in Paradise.

Cool. Want a cookie?

Curv® is a brand name for the material. Me thinks they're doing the right thing as Graf has gotten what seems to be the same material.

Like I said, I think the best comparison is the Vector 08 helmet. Streamlined and deep.

So does that mean the "alive" "srrp" material was developed and sourced from a 3rd party?

Page 40 shows that the Nexus 1000 will be available in a 112-flex.... It does not list it above though where the stick description is.... Hopefully it will be available in the big-boy flex!

Very excited for a lot of this... The Nexus stick line, skate line and protective line all interest me. The titanium cage will likely be a hot seller - can't wait to snag one... The Vapor APX Pro glove looks interesting as well.

Alive is a laminate of Unbreakable polyurethane on top of a carbon fiber / composite sheet. Curve is Polypropylene on top of carbon fiber / composite sheet. And after reading their specs it’s not exactly a plain sheet of polypropylene, it’s weaved and then pressed, this way you can control more the direction of flex. Polypropylene should be slightly lighter in weight then Polyurethane and more flexible if we used indicial thickness sheets, these are of course subjective analyses since thickness and in this case weave has a major impact on the overall structure. The one drawback of Polypropylene is it needs much higher temperature to mold, so I’m not sure how well it will mold with a 175F temp. But then again it might be so thin, that it could shape under low temp.

Cheers

I am pretty positive that the material did not change; just that they decided to use the brand name. Even the Curv website shows a Supreme ONE95 on the main page. Graf is calling it by its material name; self-reinforced polypropylene.

I was pretty sure that I was going to go with a traditional supreme felt tongue on my next pair of TotalONE's until I saw the TotalOne NXG at WF. Couldn't care less about the graphics changes, but the changes to the tongue and tendon guard are going to make this skate perform better. I had the Vapor 60 liner in my TotalONE's and haven't experienced any wear issues.

Page 40 shows that the Nexus 1000 will be available in a 112-flex.... It does not list it above though where the stick description is.... Hopefully it will be available in the big-boy flex!

Very excited for a lot of this... The Nexus stick line, skate line and protective line all interest me. The titanium cage will likely be a hot seller - can't wait to snag one... The Vapor APX Pro glove looks interesting as well.

that is a typographical error, can only get 112 flex on APX and one100 sticks.

Does anybody exactly know the main purpose of two eyelets on the tendon guard of nevest NEXUS1000? Blast from the past? -)

Does anybody exactly know the main purpose of two eyelets on the tendon guard of nevest NEXUS1000? Blast from the past? -)

Yes. A retro thing. Pretty sure nobody wears lace-up ankle guards anymore.

Cool. Want a cookie?

nah - screw cookies! a product recall would be nice though since this apparent defect has caused me quite a bit of inconvenience going through the warranty replacement etc and stil ending up with a damaged pair. not to mention that $1K spent on customs didn't turn out to be a wise investment of what I hoped to be the skates that will last years (based on the history track of One95 - shouldn't have sold these puppies :( )

Alive is a laminate of Unbreakable polyurethane on top of a carbon fiber / composite sheet. Curve is Polypropylene on top of carbon fiber / composite sheet. And after reading their specs it’s not exactly a plain sheet of polypropylene, it’s weaved and then pressed, this way you can control more the direction of flex. Polypropylene should be slightly lighter in weight then Polyurethane and more flexible if we used indicial thickness sheets, these are of course subjective analyses since thickness and in this case weave has a major impact on the overall structure. The one drawback of Polypropylene is it needs much higher temperature to mold, so I’m not sure how well it will mold with a 175F temp. But then again it might be so thin, that it could shape under low temp.

Cheers

So it really is intended to be like a composite upgrade of the Flexlite quarter foams. Awesome.

nah - screw cookies! a product recall would be nice though since this apparent defect has caused me quite a bit of inconvenience going through the warranty replacement etc and stil ending up with a damaged pair. not to mention that $1K spent on customs didn't turn out to be a wise investment of what I hoped to be the skates that will last years (based on the history track of One95 - shouldn't have sold these puppies :( )

Sorry, but it didn't happen to everyone. Not worthy of a recall.