Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Bauer Hockey Catalogue

I would guess that the next Supreme player stick won't be out until at least fall/holiday release.

You are correct. New Supreme sticks will be a Holiday release. I mistyped that.

The Hockey Shop will stock all sizes and width because the are one of the largest hockey only retailers in the Greater Vancouver/Lower Mainland area.

I believe it's only available on a few Supreme models, as the Supreme line is made on an oversized last. A Supreme C last is similar to a Vapor D, giving selected Supreme models a wider (ahem) customer base.

I can't comment on the NEXUS depth compared to the Flexlites with confidence, but my instep is too deep for a Vapor, a little too deep for a Supreme, and I passed the pencil test in the NEXUS. A D width in either the Vapor/Supreme isn't wide enough for me, but the D NEXUS felt ok, and I got better heel lock than in a EE Vapor/Supreme...take it with a grain of salt though, I only had it on my foot for a minute. When I've tried on the Flexlite, the only thing I notice is the high-cut of the upper...The NEXUS seemed lower cut than a FL.

Thanks for this info Cooperalls. My foot seems to fit somewhere between a D and a EE Supreme. EE = not so good heel lock and maybe a bit extra in the forefoot width, and the D = good heel lock but a bit too tight in the forefoot and fails pencil test. Just based on your quick fitting did the Nexus forefooot compare to the Flexlite, or was it wider or narrower? Thanks !!

Thanks for this info Cooperalls. My foot seems to fit somewhere between a D and a EE Supreme. EE = not so good heel lock and maybe a bit extra in the forefoot width, and the D = good heel lock but a bit too tight in the forefoot and fails pencil test. Just based on your quick fitting did the Nexus forefooot compare to the Flexlite, or was it wider or narrower? Thanks !!

I would give my own feet the exact same assesment when it comes to a Supreme fit. EE = little sloppy up front and my heel slips, D = good heel lock but little too tight up front, I'm very close to failing the pencit test in a D Supreme at the 4th and 5th eyelets (eyelet #1 being at the toe).

The best fit for me in a Flexlite is an D for the same reasons. Flexlite EE is too wide in the forefoot and my heel slips. The D Flexlite felt ok, might just have to punch the boot slightly at the very widest part of my foot. An D Nexus felt really good up front and in the heel, just like the Flexlite, but lower cut.

I'll put it this way, If I were in the market for new Bauer retail skates, I'd wait for the Nexus 1000 to come out, and chose between an D Nexus, or an D One.9/NXG. I know I'd get good heel lock in all three, and either the extra width/depth of the Nexus or the extra moldability of the One.9/NXG will compensate for my E/EE forefoot.

I would give my own feet the exact same assesment when it comes to a Supreme fit. EE = little sloppy up front and my heel slips, D = good heel lock but little too tight up front, I'm very close to failing the pencit test in a D Supreme at the 4th and 5th eyelets (eyelet #1 being at the toe).

The best fit for me in a Flexlite is an D for the same reasons. Flexlite EE is too wide in the forefoot and my heel slips. The D Flexlite felt ok, might just have to punch the boot slightly at the very widest part of my foot. An D Nexus felt really good up front and in the heel, just like the Flexlite, but lower cut.

I'll put it this way, If I were in the market for new Bauer retail skates, I'd wait for the Nexus 1000 to come out, and chose between an D Nexus, or an D One.9/NXG. I know I'd get good heel lock in all three, and either the extra width/depth of the Nexus or the extra moldability of the One.9/NXG will compensate for my E/EE forefoot.

It's pretty interesting how all 3 of us feel the exact same way about that type of fit...I'm in the same boat! The best fit for me is Stealth in W (EE now I suppose, haven't tried the RS obviously). Both Stealth and Flexlite have narrow ankle and wide forefoot characteristics, which makes perfect sense considering how the Supreme stock D wasn't ideal.

I am thinking you are right about waiting for the Nexus to come out, AIREAYE, I liked the Flexlite but wasn't crazy about the higher cut. The Nexus may just find a nice spot in the market that the Flexlite couldn't quite appeal to. Thanks for the input, the both of youse!

http://www.modsquadh...ckey-catalogue/

Skates - Starting with the Nexus line, which is new for 2012 and will be available in October; the Nexus' purpose is for an updated-tech skate that still falls under the traditional mold. The fit will be deep - deep volume, deep heel; somewhat a cross between Flexlite and 8090; those skate wearers should be very happy. Also, the Nexus will be a more forgiving skate than its Supreme and Vapor counterparts. Nexus will start at 1000 and go down to 800/600/400/200.

Supreme also changes for 2012; the nomenclature changes to ONE.9/8/7/6/5/4. The TotalONE is replaced by the TotalONE NXG - new graphics package is evident, but there have been a few new/updated features; the tendon guard is new; it is more streamlined and the boot is cut appropriately, allowing for more range of motion from its predecessor. Also, the 3Flex tongue has been tweaked; the inserts now have "wings" on it for additional protection (the new inserts will also work on the previous TotalONE). Now, the tweaks not mentioned in the catalogue; the top part of the 3Flex tongue is now plastic instead of PU; in the TotalONE it had a tendency to stretch and not hold the insert correctly. Also, the issue with those having the liner wear out around the eyelets has been addressed; it had to do with the tongue construction. The liner is the same as the TotalONE, but by tweaking the tongue in the NXG, that issue has been addressed.

To reiterate what JR said, the NXG boot is a bit lower cut than the old T1 and One100. It's been measured, size for size and side by side, to be about 1cm difference, and if you factor in the new Total Edge Comfort tweak, it will probably feel less restrictive up top. The Total Edge Comfort has also been tweaked. Whereas before it was stiffer (the actual boot structure was underneath it, so the edge was wrapped around it), the new Edge is softer, without the boot structure. Again like JR said, this is all for the range of motion.

Got it. I mis-read the description. Thanks ! I have tried on Flexlites, but not 8090's so I have no reference of that skate.

Is the 8090 less wide in the forefoot than a Flexlite, making the Nexus skate not quite as wide as a Flexlite in the forefoot? I have read reviews on the 8090, but I can't get a direct comparison between the two. If the Nexus is slightly narrower in the forefoot ( than the Flexlite) I would hold off any skate purchases until the Nexus was released.

I'm more concerned about the depth. I have never tried on the 8090's but the Flexlites and 2011 Supremes were not deep enough. I failed the pencil test on both. Are the Nexus skates going to be that much deeper than the current Supremes or am I wasting my time waiting for them?

To reiterate what JR said, the NXG boot is a bit lower cut than the old T1 and One100. It's been measured, size for size and side by side, to be about 1cm difference, and if you factor in the new Total Edge Comfort tweak, it will probably feel less restrictive up top. The Total Edge Comfort has also been tweaked. Whereas before it was stiffer (the actual boot structure was underneath it, so the edge was wrapped around it), the new Edge is softer, without the boot structure. Again like JR said, this is all for the range of motion.

I never said anything about the boot being cut lower. What you bolded from me was in relation to the tendon guard, where the back of the boot is cut. Once again, if you're going to quote me, do it correctly.

True, I'll just add onto your post then.

edit: and my bad, I thought that was what you meant by 'cut appropriately', didn't occur to me at the time.

So the Nexus is a cross between a 8090 and a Fexlite. I have never had a 8090 on my foot. Is the Nexus forefoot wider than a Flexlite, the same, or narrower? Is the heel on the Nexus wider, the same, or narrower? The cut is the least of my worries, the top eylet can always stay un-done.

I need to decide between waiting for the Nexus to hit the stores, or drive 8 hrs to a LHS that has a full selection of skates now since what I have is affecting my ability to skate to my abilities. Thanks for any insight.

had the apx gloves on they feel great i know what my next purchase is

Were they regular APX gloves or the APX Pros?

Is the nexus gonna have a mid kick?

The Bauer catalogue is included in the first post of this thread. Plenty of info on the Nexus stick in there.

tvaughan4 thanks for the info.

Generally speaking, does anyone know how long it takes for a new stick to become available on My Bauer after it had been released?

As an example, the Nexus will be released on June 15. Will it be available

right away on My Bauer or will it be available a few weeks after?

Cool thx noodle.

Very curious as to where the color options would be on the nexus stick.... Looks like we'll find out soon enough!

Has anybody seen the Bauer Re-Akt titanium cage in person? I did and held it up next to the 9900 cage and while it is much lighter, the bars seem thicker than the 9900's bars. I don't really care much about weight just better vision. Is it me or are the bars thicker on the new cage?