Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Warrior Hockey Catalogue

Just picked up a Warrior stick the other day. I'm 5'10" and 200lbs and decided to give a 75flex stick a try. So far I'm liking it a lot. Is 75 flex a pretty common flex in the NHL?

Haha I wish, because I would finally have a reason to buy prostock :laugh: You'll see flexes 85-100 most commonly I believe. Which stick did you buy? Just curious.

I'm also about 200lbs and 5'11" and all i can say that i tried 75 flexes too. The end of the story snapped the stick in two after the second onetimer and felt like a noodle on passing and stickhandling, I definately need 85-100 flex depends on the Flexpoint.

Haha I wish, because I would finally have a reason to buy prostock :laugh: You'll see flexes 85-100 most commonly I believe. Which stick did you buy? Just curious.

I bought the warrior diablo with the Gionta curve (wicked). It was on sale so before i bought the Widow i wanted to see how i like the dager taper. So far I love it but I do notice passing is hard to get use to.

Has there been any indication of the relation between helmet size and head circumference for the Krown 360? Bauer 4500 XL is about the only helmet I can get my big dome in... I'd like there to be a higher end option for me.

Looks like the Kopitar (Draper) and Burrows (Savard) patterns are getting designated retail lies, so now you may need to go custom to get the lie you want for those curves. Kopitar retail is lie 5 and Burrows retail is lie 4.

Are the hosels on the tapered blades still longer than other companies?

yes dynasty blade hosels are the same length as the old dolomite blades; about an inche longer than other companies.

Thanks

WHat Warrior Shaft is Chara using? I am curious after seeing that 108.8 shot :huh:

I am guessing it was not a low kick shaft.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/zdeno-chara-of-the-boston-bruins-and-team-chara-poses-prior-news-photo/137894615

It has the dagger taper logo on it.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/zdeno-chara-of-the-boston-bruins-and-team-chara-on-skate-news-photo/137860553

The graphics look custom.

It would be an extremely long Tapered hosel. Damn I would love to get my hands on one of those. I have come to the conclusion I need longer sticks and a heavier flex! My experiment is over! I would love to see what he uses. I am only 3 inches shorter but I outweigh him by 50 lbs. Ahh.... I will never know. :wink:

They kept talking about how he was hyping it up (the stick). So maybe it is some kind of experimental 2 piece. Not saying it is "the" dagger taper but it might be something more than the dolo shaft technology. Maybe one will pop up on ebay eventually...cross your fingers. Anyone know more info on the evo stick????

As per miseaujeu -

2 pc

70" length

Square handle

Extra grip

127 flex

Warrior Kovalev retail pattern, blade has an extra rib in it

Holy hell that is a long stick! Thank you JR!

Relatively speaking, 70" at 127 flex really isn't all that bad...

Was this just an all-star game stick, because looking at the NHL rulebook regarding the exception to the 63" rule, the maximum stick length for a player over 6'6" is 65".

Was this just an all-star game stick, because looking at the NHL rulebook regarding the exception to the 63" rule, the maximum stick length for a player over 6'6" is 65".

Just like the maximum depth of a curve is 3/4-inch....

Lots of players are using illegal sticks.... Almost everyone turns their head the other way.... Some players have gotten called out on it...

Using something out of the normal almost always means that you are sacraficing another part of your game. Using too deep of a curve will hurt your backand... Using too long of a stick can hinder your stickhandling. Etc, etc.

I had read somewhere that because of Chara the rule became case by case depending on player height. 70 inches would be about to my nose so for a guy CHara's height it would be chin height.

127 does seem like a pretty normal flex at that length. It is just the idea that the shaft is 14 inches longer than their longest retail shaft available that blew my mind.

WHat Warrior Shaft is Chara using? I am curious after seeing that 108.8 shot :huh:

I am guessing it was not a low kick shaft.

He was using the diablo se graphic but JR described his actual specs.