Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Warrior Hockey Catalogue

I still haven't seen them for sale, however I do own a pair.

Very nice Glove actually. Very movable fingers, but a really tight fit. Think Bauer total ones tight. I still have to try it out on Ice, but so far I am really impressed.

Perfect! Bauer Supreme fit is what I'm looking for :)

Has anyone seen the new Projekt gloves for sale yet?

I haven't seen the colour scheme I know you want for sale (the same one I want with the Carolina blue), but I have seen black and black and white versions for sale online:

http://www.hockeygia...rpjktglvsr.html

http://hockeysuprema...-hockey-gloves/

I've yet to see either the gloves or the 2012 Warrior protective in the stores near me though. I specifically asked at one of a couple weeks ago and they said, "we usually get the bauer stuff in first and then the other brands a few weeks after that." That was kind of a funny answer considering I saw all the new CCM U+ CL stuff, but only the new APX gloves and not any of the other new Bauer stuff at that time.

althoma, it's the same situation in my area too, they aren't the only ones. No sightings of 2012 Warrior stuff yet. Same with 2012 Easton.

althoma, it's the same situation in my area too, they aren't the only ones. No sightings of 2012 Warrior stuff yet. Same with 2012 Easton.

Yeah, I believe we're both in the GTA. That's exactly what I've noticed. All the CCM stuff is in, some of the Bauer and not much else just yet. No Easton or Warrior Protective just yet.

I haven't seen the colour scheme I know you want for sale (the same one I want with the Carolina blue), but I have seen black and black and white versions for sale online:

http://www.hockeygia...rpjktglvsr.html

I've yet to see either the gloves or the 2012 Warrior protective in the stores near me though. I specifically asked at one of a couple weeks ago and they said, "we usually get the bauer stuff in first and then the other brands a few weeks after that." That was kind of a funny answer considering I saw all the new CCM U+ CL stuff, but only the new APX gloves and not any of the other new Bauer stuff at that time.

Same thing happened when I was looking for the new Easton EQ30 pants last year. Everyone had black, but that was it. I'd guess that's pretty standard, for everyone to get black first and the other colors come in eventually.

I do know that they were expecting delivery on protective this month (to them) but I'm not sure what that translates to in terms of hitting stores.

I've contacted them for more information.

Stopped by the local Perani's today on the way home; the clerk I spoke to said the first of their 2012 Projekt protective gear should be on the shelves Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

Can anyone confirm or deny a newer projekt girdle or new model of girdle all together in the months to come?

I asked the Warrior rep this question at Winterfest. There are new Projekt pants, gloves, shins, shoulders and elbow pads, but the girdle will remain the same. That's not a bad thing as the girdle is great other than the fact that the belts were too short. Hopefully the girdles shipped out this year will come with longer belts, but I don't know if that'll be the case.

I asked the Warrior rep this question at Winterfest. There are new Projekt pants, gloves, shins, shoulders and elbow pads, but the girdle will remain the same. That's not a bad thing as the girdle is great other than the fact that the belts were too short. Hopefully the girdles shipped out this year will come with longer belts, but I don't know if that'll be the case.

Thanks again. Realized I kind of double asked on this one; apologies if that was an issue. I'll be buying a large and xl this week and returning the one that doesn't fit as well. I've got a very large seat at 240 6'3" and a 38" waist. I want the snuggest, yet comfortable, feel I can get.

Thanks again. Realized I kind of double asked on this one; apologies if that was an issue. I'll be buying a large and xl this week and returning the one that doesn't fit as well. I've got a very large seat at 240 6'3" and a 38" waist. I want the snuggest, yet comfortable, feel I can get.

I'm pretty close to your size and fit into a large comfortably after I swapped out the stock belt for a longer one.

I'm pretty close to your size and fit into a large comfortably after I swapped out the stock belt for a longer one.

I wear everything in a large with my current Easton stuff but have gathered from these forums that warrior is smaller running, so we will see. Appreciate it all.

I wear everything in a large with my current Easton stuff but have gathered from these forums that warrior is smaller running, so we will see. Appreciate it all.

I thought the consensus was that Warrior protective runs large generally?

This is true. Warrior runs larger in almost everything comparitively to Reebok/CCM or Bauer or Easton. Helmets will be the exception, the Krown will run slightly smaller then other brands. Based on what you're saying, I would be shocked if you didn't go with the Large girdle.

It seems that their new pants and elbows are truer to size, I've tried and confirmed this on the Projekts and Koncepts. Don't know about everything else. The Bonafide elbows still seem to run larger, but I have yet to see the Franchises.

It seems that their new pants and elbows are truer to size, I've tried and confirmed this on the Projekts and Koncepts. Don't know about everything else. The Bonafide elbows still seem to run larger, but I have yet to see the Franchises.

That was my feeling with the newer Projekts too when I tried them on at Winterfest. I currently wear a medium in the white Projekts, but used large in other brands and believe that a large in the new Projekts would work.

That was my feeling with the newer Projekts too when I tried them on at Winterfest. I currently wear a medium in the white Projekts, but used large in other brands and believe that a large in the new Projekts would work.

Yep, I've been using large Method shoulders, which were always a bit big, and I had tried on medium in other older Warrior shoulders and thought it was a better fit. But I just received the new Projekt shoulders in medium and they are a little too small. So I'm going to go with large, which is what I would wear in other brands.

Would you suggest, in your infinite wisdom, the new projekt equipment or save a few bucks and buy the clearence 2010-2011 projekt gear.... Or even the franchise style.

Would you suggest, in your infinite wisdom, the new projekt equipment or save a few bucks and buy the clearence 2010-2011 projekt gear.... Or even the franchise style.

It depends on what your priorities are and what pieces of equipment you're looking at:

Elbows - the current white projekts are more mobile and comfortable based on trying the new ones on, but the new ones also seem like they'd be more protective and are a bit narrower. I love the mobility of the current projekts, but wouldn't mind a little extra protection for the occassional hard fall and while the new ones do feel a little stiffer they're still very comfortable and mobile based on trying them on.

Shins - both the current and new projekts seem comfortable and protective, however; the new ones do have smaller knee caps, removable liners, and smaller knee flaps. I'd try them both on, see which one is more comfortable and if the comfort is equal decide if you think the small tweaks are worth the extra cost of the new ones.

Shoulders - the new projekts felt more mobile and have smaller caps. I'd definitely go with the new ones vs the old ones if I was buying the shoulders.

Gloves - the older gloves have a more open cuff. The newer gloves have a tighter cuff, but also have a new palm and a new design. This will really come down to a fit preference, but I really like the old Projekt gloves and haven't used the new ones.

It depends on what your priorities are and what pieces of equipment you're looking at:

Elbows - the current white projekts are more mobile and comfortable based on trying the new ones on, but the new ones also seem like they'd be more protective and are a bit narrower. I love the mobility of the current projekts, but wouldn't mind a little extra protection for the occassional hard fall and while the new ones do feel a little stiffer they're still very comfortable and mobile based on trying them on.

Shins - both the current and new projekts seem comfortable and protective, however; the new ones do have smaller knee caps, removable liners, and smaller knee guards. I'd try them both on, see which one is more comfortable and if the comfort is equal decide if you think the small tweaks are worth the extra cost of the new ones.

Shoulders - the new projekts felt more mobile and have smaller caps. I'd definitely go with the new ones vs the old ones if I was buying the shoulders.

Gloves - the older gloves have a more open cuff. The newer gloves have a tighter cuff, but also have a new palm and a new design. This will really come down to a fit preference, but I really like the old Projekt gloves and haven't used the new ones.

Awesome feedback, as always thank you!

So I was checking out the new Projekt 2012 gloves recently and I must say, I'm kind of surprised.

Here are some stock images from Warrior and HS:

http://www.warrior.c...=11&cgid=210030

Here is a photo taken by someone else in-person:

https://twitter.com/...2450050/photo/1

Hmm...

Anyhow, I really like their new SmartPalm; the clarino palm is quite thin and responsive, the flex channel works well to prevent bunching and it seems to have good ventilation. I felt that the thumb was angled wierdly; it pushed in my entire thumb+joint into the palm, not very comfortable. If any of you have tried the Eagle X65 glove, you'll know what I mean. The cuff was also tight and felt restrictive imo.

So I was checking out the new Projekt 2012 gloves recently and I must say, I'm kind of surprised.

Here are some stock images from Warrior and HS:

http://www.warrior.c...=11&cgid=210030

Here is a photo taken by someone else in-person:

https://twitter.com/...2450050/photo/1

Hmm...

Anyhow, I really like their new SmartPalm; the clarino palm is quite thin and responsive, the flex channel works well to prevent bunching and it seems to have good ventilation. I felt that the thumb was angled wierdly; it pushed in my entire thumb+joint into the palm, not very comfortable. If any of you have tried the Eagle X65 glove, you'll know what I mean. The cuff was also tight and felt restrictive imo.

That is interesting. The gloves the rep brought to Winterfest looked like the ones in the catalogue pics. With that said, I prefer the gloves pictured in the catalogue, but could live with the raised bumps. Are all colours in stock or just a select few like black and white?

Did the rest of the Projekt protective line (elbows, shins ect.) also come in?