Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Warrior Hockey Catalogue

Some colors have come in. All of the new Projekt stuff is in except for shoulders. What do you want to know?

Some colors have come in. All of the new Projekt stuff is in except for shoulders. What do you want to know?

I mainly wanted to know if the protective was finally hitting stores in the GTA and you've answered that question. Thank you. I'm also curious to know if the gloves with the Carolina colour scheme is in as most of the sites online that have the Projekt gloves seem to only have black or black with white accents so far. I don't need new gloves at the moment, but that navy/carolina colour scheme is very nice and would match my teams beer league jerseys well.

I'm probably going to try to hit up a store this week to compare the older white Projekt elbows to the new Projekt elbows. I love the mobility of the white Projekt elbows, but a hard fall a couple weeks ago that hurt a little and left a bruise is making me consider the new elbows. From what I recall at Winterfest they did feel like they'd be more protective, but also a touch stiffer and less mobile.

I mainly wanted to know if the protective was finally hitting stores in the GTA and you've answered that question. Thank you. I'm also curious to know if the gloves with the Carolina colour scheme is in as most of the sites online that have the Projekt gloves seem to only have black or black with white accents so far. I don't need new gloves at the moment, but that navy/carolina colour scheme is very nice and would match my teams beer league jerseys well.

I'm probably going to try to hit up a store this week to compare the older white Projekt elbows to the new Projekt elbows. I love the mobility of the white Projekt elbows, but a hard fall a couple weeks ago that hurt a little and left a bruise is making me consider the new elbows. From what I recall at Winterfest they did feel like they'd be more protective, but also a touch stiffer and less mobile.

I'll be buying the navy/carolina gloves the moment I see a pair for sale.

I'm happy they stopped making the pads white. I realize looks don't matter much under your gear, but the nasty sweat stains on the elbows looks pretty gross. I hope the new elbows are as comfy as the old ones! They sure look the same, mostly.

Yes, they're very different than the older elbows. The cap is much harder and 'pointier'; think Vapor in that regard. I also agree with your latter comment about mobility.

Yes, they're very different than the older elbows. The cap is much harder and 'pointier'; think Vapor in that regard. I also agree with your latter comment about mobility.

That's a shame. The cap and the mobility were the best things about the Projekt elbows!

icewarehouse is now selling color schemes other than black. unfortunately, they dont seem to carry the navy/carolina in 13in.

So I double checked the glove wall and all of the Projekt gloves have the distinct raised plastics as I posted in the previous page, not just that one. The Koncepts however, do not have this and look like the catalog pictures; really impressed with this glove in particular, very comfortable!

That's a shame. The cap and the mobility were the best things about the Projekt elbows!

It's true that the cap is harder and pointy as AIREAYE mentioned, however; the cap is also deeper and narrower and I find this locks in the elbow very well. The forearm padding is also a bit bulkier, but I picked up a pair on Wednesday, played with them last night and honestly slight extra bulk in the forearm didn't bother me - I experienced aboslutely no slippage even when I was hooked or held and the pads felt just as mobile in game situations as the older white Projekts. I'd say the new Projekt elbows are an upgrade on the old ones - they offer a better elbow lock, and more protection, but are just as light and mobile in use. They did feel a little stiff compared to my old Projekts when I first got them, but I wore them around the house for a bit Wednesday and then didn't notice any stiffness or restrictions in the game last night.

Oh, and as stated earlier, the new Projekts do fit truer to size - I went from a medium in the old Projekts to large in the new ones.

So I double checked the glove wall and all of the Projekt gloves have the distinct raised plastics as I posted in the previous page, not just that one. The Koncepts however, do not have this and look like the catalog pictures; really impressed with this glove in particular, very comfortable!

I also noticed the raised bumps in the new pictures of the Projekt up on Icewarehouse.

The raised bumps are a bummer, though id take that over the god awful ugly old projekts. Wish I could find somebody who had the ones I want in stock :(

Edit: Woo hoo! Found some! discounthockey.com has 13" nvy/wh/clb in stock :)

I'm wondering how the new Projekt pants fit compared to other Warrior models. My LHS won't be carrying the Projekt pants as regualr stock and if they order them for me, there are no returns. If they fit similiar to the Franchise I can size from them and then have them order the Projekt.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm sure someone will chime in on the fit (early comments suggest they are much narrower. But my thought is: Seems like your LHS is suggesting you order them yourself through someone who would take a return.

I'm wondering how the new Projekt pants fit compared to other Warrior models. My LHS won't be carrying the Projekt pants as regualr stock and if they order them for me, there are no returns. If they fit similiar to the Franchise I can size from them and then have them order the Projekt.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I tried them on briefly over street clothes at Winterfest. They were a tighter more tapered fit similar to a Vapor pant and felt true to size. I've read that the Franchise pants fit big, but haven't tried those on. I think you'd be better off trying some Bauer Vapors for sizing and then order the same size you fit in that then to go by the Franchise pants.

I know it's not in the catalog and I don't know if it's a regular option, but do the Warrior Pro carry bags come in different colors? Specifically red and yellow?

I know it's not in the catalog and I don't know if it's a regular option, but do the Warrior Pro carry bags come in different colors? Specifically red and yellow?

Pro Hockey Life posted various colours including red and yellow today on their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150880705860849&set=a.10150880702495849.401978.260458680848&type=3&theater#!/photo.php?fbid=10150880705765849&set=a.10150880702495849.401978.260458680848&type=3&permPage=1

That's why I asked lol, I was wondering if those were SMUs, wouldn't be the first time they had Warrior SMUs.

Yes those are SMUs, stock colors IIRC are: Black/White, Navy/White, Navy/White/Red, Black/White/Red.

Thanks man.

Is there a review coming from anyone here for the Krown 360? I'm interested in one and wanted to know some specs and if anyone has tried it out. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a review coming from anyone here for the Krown 360? I'm interested in one and wanted to know some specs and if anyone has tried it out. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Yes. There will be a teardown and a LTR before launch, which is next month.

The BonafideX glove looks nice, and to me, is what the Franchise should be. For less money, you're getting the same foams as the Franchise but with plastic inserts, an embroidered logo, and the same liner. For me, the Made in Canada tag on the Franchises isn't enough to make me spend more money on a glove with lesser options.

So what's the word on these- anybody use them for a bit yet?

Not personally, but one of my teammates bought them when they came out - zero issues. plays 2 times a week. For the money they're a great pair of gloves. Much better then the ever popular Bauer 4roll IMHO

Ordered a pair form my LHS in 15"- awesome glove for the money, but I'm discovering that my finger length is too long for most brands. They seem to be ok in a 15" Franchise, but these seemed a bit shorter.