Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2012 Graf Catalogue

Hey JR/Chadd/those who were at the tradeshow : how was the fit type of the Ultra G75 series? Judging from the cuff angle, it seems more close-fitting. Also, did you like the feel of sheepskin? Interesting inclusion there.

These footbeds look interesting too, I wonder how customizable they are...

The goalie cowling is definitely a conservative redesign, but Graf has moved in the right direction with a higher clearance of the outsole from the ice, a lower medial profile to the ice (in transition to/from the butterfly), and the removable blade. 30 grams off the cowling isn't much, but people were getting hysterical - both positively and negatively - over much less a few years ago when RBK cut a few triangles of plastic out of the medial ankle of their Customlite cowlings, and weight coming off an extremity is never a bad thing.

I would be really, really interested to test the cowlings independent of the boots (ie. by putting my own boots into the cowlings) so I could directly compare them to others, but that seems like a bit of a pipe dream.

The goalie sticks also look really interesting (I especially like the understated Graf-yellow branding) but the catalogue seems oddly short on options and on information. The only listed difference between the G7500 and G5500 sticks is 55 grams (695 vs. 750) -- with no explanation of why one weighs more than the other: everything else in the descriptions is identical. I can understand offering only one flex, and even only one curve in a goalie line, but leaving a picture of that one curve out of the catalogue isn't helpful, especially with pictures of all the player curves right above. It would also be good to know what the differences are between the Senior and Intermediate sticks, since there's only one senior paddle size (SR 27") and I can see a great many goalies (myself included) preferring the shorter 25" INT stick for sizing purposes (my Roloson and Nabokov pro-stocks are, for reference, well under any manufacturer's stock 25" paddle) but unsure of what would be given up in features, construction, durability, etc.

Graf is definitely moving in the right direction Their shoulder pads look interesting with the smaller caps, I'm going to have to keep an eye out. The 4 rolls however, look exactly like the TPS R8 from a couple years ago. right down to the last roll being split.

Graf is definitely moving in the right direction Their shoulder pads look interesting with the smaller caps, I'm going to have to keep an eye out. The 4 rolls however, look exactly like the TPS R8 from a couple years ago. right down to the last roll being split.

A lot of the features of the sticks are similar to TPS technology as well.

John Pagotto heads Graf now; he was part of the group who acquired TPS and later with TPS/Sher-Wood.

Can someone enlighten me as to the difference between the cobra 5000 and 3000 holders? I've never been able to tell the difference between the two.

The materials used to make both of the holders is different. The cobra 5000 holder is a much stiffer holder and it doesn't wear down or soften over time. One of the complaints of the 3000 holder was that over time, the plastic would become very soft. This doesn't happen with the 5000 holder.

The materials used to make both of the holders is different. The cobra 5000 holder is a much stiffer holder and it doesn't wear down or soften over time. One of the complaints of the 3000 holder was that over time, the plastic would become very soft. This doesn't happen with the 5000 holder.

Forgot about that; thanks for the reminder.

I wouldn't say its a bad sign, most catalogues don't have skate weights listed.

And to Monty, last time I spoke with a rep he told me you could only get undrilled boots via customs, but that was last summer.

I don't understand the talk of the "attack" holder. It looks like it's a lower model holder that is on the lower end skates. If it was a really good holder they would be putting it on the high end skates. The cobra 5000 is a great holder, but doesn't get the hype. . . . I don't think the attack holder is anything special. . . .

Quick question, JR: Given the similarities between Graf, Sher-Wood and WinnWell's TPS clone gloves--right down to the seamless index and pinky fingers that TPS claimed were patented--is the company that used to be known as TPS just OEM'ing these slightly different gloves, or are they made by different manufacturers now?

All made in the same factory, Ponderosa, in the Phillipines.

Quick question, JR: Given the similarities between Graf, Sher-Wood and WinnWell's TPS clone gloves--right down to the seamless index and pinky fingers that TPS claimed were patented--is the company that used to be known as TPS just OEM'ing these slightly different gloves, or are they made by different manufacturers now?

JR,

Is it possible to see if you are able to find pages 24, 25, 26 and 27. They are only Bags and Performance Apparel but I am curious to see if any changes were made to those categories .

Thanks

The ultra G75 lite stick sounds interesting enough to give a go.

Does anyone know what Graf curve is equivalent to Bauer's P88 Kane curve?

Thanks!

So.... what's the deal with the new Graf gloves? You'd think they would want to get them onto the market sooner rather than later if they want to make a dent in the market. Is there an ETA?

Is the main difference between the G75 and G65 skates the liner and heel counter, or are there fit differences as well?

So has anybody tried g65 on? What is the fit comparing to other skates width in ankle/heel/forefoot ? Sizing?

Would be very helpfull...