Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

woody31

Why do people hate the Canucks?

Bear baiting isn't really hunting, it's more like picking your lobster out of a tank. That aside, I agree about doing it for food.

Sort of ironic a Canuck players gets his bear in what is considered a cowardly and unsporting manner.

Vancouver Canucks forward David Booth, safe and relaxed in his tree platform hideout, waiting patiently as a rotting stew of oatmeal, molasses and beaver offal works its magic on the bruins below. Soon enough, the bears do come, wandering through the woods near Alberta’s Peace River, seeking out the pungent promise of easy food.

I'm hesitant to add more fuel to a fire that appears to have finally burned out, but this is going to piss off more than a few people. Even some Canucks fans are against this one.

http://slam.canoe.ca...6/19763511.html

Maybe you should have been more hesitant, and started another thread. I keep wondering when this one will die.

I don't really see that this is related to the Canucks as a team.

Maybe you should have been more hesitant, and started another thread. I keep wondering when this one will die.

No matter what we do, there are complaints. I've gotten used to it.

I don't really see that this is related to the Canucks as a team.

In all honesty, I don't either. It's a David Booth thing.

No matter what we do, there are complaints. I've gotten used to it.

I doubt anyone would have complained if that item hadn't been posted. Oh, well.

This is not what I wanted the thread to become, but I guess it's what it was meant to become, I started an argument I couldn't win and got everybody else into it. I love my Canucks, from Luongo to Hansen, I love them all, except the few glaring exceptions (Lapierre for one), I'm not gonna disregard the truth, we have our divers, and so do other teams, it just depends on how much coverage a team gets, that's just how it works. I'm not going to leave my team because they dive, or the lose in the first round, and good for the Kings in accomplishing so much, being a goalie, I can do nothing but applaud the play of Quick. I'm not saying I'm right, that's solely opinion, none of us are going to agree on any front, so lets step down and get off each others throats

This is not what I wanted the thread to become, but I guess it's what it was meant to become, I started an argument I couldn't win and got everybody else into it. I love my Canucks, from Luongo to Hansen, I love them all, except the few glaring exceptions (Lapierre for one), I'm not gonna disregard the truth, we have our divers, and so do other teams, it just depends on how much coverage a team gets, that's just how it works. I'm not going to leave my team because they dive, or the lose in the first round, and good for the Kings in accomplishing so much, being a goalie, I can do nothing but applaud the play of Quick. I'm not saying I'm right, that's solely opinion, none of us are going to agree on any front, so lets step down and get off each others throats

I think everyone has a love/hate for particular players on their team, and your right there isnt a single team in the NHL that doesnt have one or more players who have taken dives to get a call, thats sports. My biggest problem with the Canucks (as a flames fan) is the fans. NOT ALL OF THEM, but of all the teams in the NHL, I found that the Canucks have the most arrogent and cocky fans from teams out there. Granted you guys have had great regular season success, but that never guarentees a cup and alot of the fans Ive encountered (again, not all of them) seem to think that qualifies as being Kings of the World.

I do however respect a fan who can call out his own players for dives and chippy plays and deserving penalties, I do that with the Flames all the time because Im a hockey fan before a team fan and some Van fans just cant seem to seperate the two.

Like Ohi State football fans, I think people hate the franchise purely because of how the fans act. They haven't won anything in years. I do enjoy watching the Sedin twins and Kesler is a great player. I have never been to a game in Rogers Arena although it is on my bucket list in terms of the NHL.

I haven't really read any of this thread at all as much of it seems irrelevant to the topic. The reason people hate the Canucks can be seen throughout any sports movie. People would rather see and it is much more impressive when an underdog team wins. The Canucks with their superstar team whether its hype or not are hated because they are supposed to be the team who wins. It's pretty much an invitation to the rest of the world to try to beat them, this arrogance is looked down upon and makes even a better story when they are beaten by underdog opponents like the bruins or much more recently the kings. No one likes a winner, and no one likes the arrogance that surrounds it.

Shayzam thats a sound argument except for the fact that the Canucks have not won anything.

Sorry Joshison if winning the presidents trophy (best regular season record) for two years running, winning the Clarence S Campbell Bowl (winner of western conference) in 11, being division champions four years running, the combined awards of only the Sedins of the Hart in 10 the ross in 10/11 Ted Lindsay 11, finishing high on all leaderboards including offense, defense, powerplay and penalty and being predicted/ the favourite to win the cup year after year. I personally do not like the Canucks but to say they haven't won anything or that they or not perhaps the best team in the NHL is insanity. Yes, they haven't won a stanley cup recently but they are still a premier NHL team being the team everyone strives to beat year after year; with certainty I could say that ever NHL team (besides Bruins Kings) wish they could be as successful as the Canucks have been the last few seasons.

Sorry Joshison if winning the presidents trophy (best regular season record) for two years running, winning the Clarence S Campbell Bowl (winner of western conference) in 11, being division champions four years running, the combined awards of only the Sedins of the Hart in 10 the ross in 10/11 Ted Lindsay 11, finishing high on all leaderboards including offense, defense, powerplay and penalty and being predicted/ the favourite to win the cup year after year

You forgot to say it at the end of that, uh, sentence, but that does not count as winning anything.

they or not perhaps the best team in the NHL is insanity.

They are not, I am a crazy person.

Division championships and Presidents trophys are lovely, but it just makes losing in the playoffs that much more of a failure.

This line is ridiculous.

" they or not perhaps the best team in the NHL is insanity. " Obviously they have never been the best team in the league a single year, they have never won the cup.

No they haven't won a stanley cup, but as far as consistently producing a winning team they are starting to get within the ranks of the red wings.

Ok, I think we've completely exhausted every possible argument for or against the team at this point.

This has been locked for a while and will remain so, but I am going to say that the game last night is a perfect example of why I, and a lot of other people, do not like the Canucks. So many late hits, hits well off the puck and the obvious cheap shot to Hossa.