Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beerleaguecaptain

Pro Stock 9K Girdle

I have been using one for about a year or two now. I use to wear the old bauer girdle not sure the type but it was black and sliver(vapor maybe). Anyway's the 9K girdle isn't bad but its really heavy great protection but I just don't like how heavy it is. The mobility it offers is't bad its definitely not as easy to move around in one of those like it was in my old one. I'm probably going to buy a bauer TO girlde or the one95.

I have been using one for about a year or two now. I use to wear the old bauer girdle not sure the type but it was black and sliver(vapor maybe). Anyway's the 9K girdle isn't bad but its really heavy great protection but I just don't like how heavy it is. The mobility it offers is't bad its definitely not as easy to move around in one of those like it was in my old one. I'm probably going to buy a bauer TO girlde or the one95.

How are you sizing the shell with these? Do you use a pants shell or a girdle shell or just go one size up?

Mine are a large and I have used a shell that was large and it was fine and I also have a girdle the one that came with it and its a large and it fits better a little looser but not a lot. I will say I don't find that 9k girdle to be very durable its all ripped up and cover in holes. Ive had the same tackle shell for 5years and no holes or anything. I'm just not a huge fan of the pants.

I have been using a 9k girdle for about 3 years and love it, the best setup I have ever had. They don't seem any heavier than my Reebok 7000's but fit nice and close to your body, doesn't seem like your wearing pants. To bad there so hard to come by now, especially the shells.

I just picked up a new one on ebay. Compared to other girdles it seems to have much more padding, especially in the tailbone. If you're playing full contact it's a great option. For your casual men's league it's a bit overkill in the protection area.

How are you sizing the shell with these? Do you use a pants shell or a girdle shell or just go one size up?

I have a medium 9k girdle and the shells I've found fits best:

- Small warrior

- Med RBK

- Med Easton

I used the 9K girdle for awhile but just couldn't get used to the big plastic JDP hip protectors. They just felt bulky and impaired my mobility somewhat. They also occasionally seemed to catch along the top of the boards on line changes. I switched to Easton Motion Elite pants which have Synergy\TotalOne\Tackla lycra girdle style hip and kidney protection with separate traditional pant style thigh boards. Best of both worlds!

I wear an XL Bauer Vapor 8 Pro model. It's the old black and silver model but the design and padding look about the same as the current TotalOne core pad. I'm a 36" waist.

I'm considering an upgrade to the 9k girdles. Does the sizing run similar to other girdles/core pads? Should I be looking for XL or L in the 9k?