Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Macuss

Bauer TotalOne vs Warrior Diablo

Hey everyone, I currently have a Bauer Total One LE and for some reason I don't like it at all. I use to have a Bauer Total One non LE and I loved it. I just bought the LE and now I'm looking into a new stick. Ive been hearing a lot about the Warrior Diablo sticks and I'm nervous to try out since I've always used Bauer. What are your guys thoughts?

I'll offer my .02 cents. Like you I was a hard core Bauer guy, had a Total One and actually sold it to try a Warrior. I liked the T1 but wanted to try something different. Unfortunately my experiences with Warrior hockey sticks have not been good at all.

A few weeks ago I purchased the Warrior Widow - their top of the line twig. I had a game that same day I had purchased the stick, needless to say I was pretty excited to test it out. Sadly the blade began to break down during a pre-game warm-up. I could feel it getting weaker and weaker after a couple of one-timers and slappers, and upon further inspection the bottom of the blade started splitting from the heel to the toe - I put it down and went to my back-up twig (Bauer One95).

I figured I just got a bad batch stick, and chalked it up to simply being bad luck. I went back to my LHS the next day and swapped it out for another Widow under warranty - again, I had a game that same day. This time the stick made it through warm-up, however I kept checking the blade throughout my game and all seemed to be good, up until i got home and starting really looking at closer, sure enough the top of the blade started showing the same type of cracking, and breaking that the previous Widow I had just returned under warranty.

I could flex the blade in my hand and hear it "crunching". The sad part about all of this is that I spent $300 on this stick and it didn't last. What's even more discouraging is that while I picked up the new stick at my LHS I decided to order a Warrior Widow though Warrior's "stick customizer" - I put my order through before I had purchased the one at retail thinking I would get a ton of use out of it. Given what I have gone through to date, I don't even want the customized stick anymore, I know I won't use it and hopefully I can sell it for somewhat close to what I paid. Warrior will only allow for 1 warranty exchange within 30 days, which to me doesn't make much sense however I think most stick manufacturers have this same policy? That said, I will never purchase another Warrior stick again - I have since gone back to Bauer and plan to stick with this brand for as long as possible.

In the end, Warrior makes a"cool" looking product IE: Stick customizer, fancy graphics, decals etc., but IMO the weak blades is something that has been a long standing issue (search "warrior blade" on any hockey forum), that they should address and ultimately fix.

Hard to compare a mid kick to a low kick. I just got a Diablo a few weeks ago and it's the best stick I've ever owned. Now that said, I haven't played with many other $200+ sticks (Easton ST, S14). Durability is excellent so far. I don't think I could ever go back now. I really like the dagger taper and I play with an uncut 75 flex so it's very whippy. I like it because the stick does most of the work. It took about 2 sessions to adapt and my shots are all around much better(especially snap/wrist shots). If I can get through next season with it, then it was worth every penny.

I'll offer my .02 cents. Like you I was a hard core Bauer guy, had a Total One and actually sold it to try a Warrior. I liked the T1 but wanted to try something different. Unfortunately my experiences with Warrior hockey sticks have not been good at all.

A few weeks ago I purchased the Warrior Widow - their top of the line twig. I had a game that same day I had purchased the stick, needless to say I was pretty excited to test it out. Sadly the blade began to break down during a pre-game warm-up. I could feel it getting weaker and weaker after a couple of one-timers and slappers, and upon further inspection the bottom of the blade started splitting from the heel to the toe - I put it down and went to my back-up twig (Bauer One95).

I figured I just got a bad batch stick, and chalked it up to simply being bad luck. I went back to my LHS the next day and swapped it out for another Widow under warranty - again, I had a game that same day. This time the stick made it through warm-up, however I kept checking the blade throughout my game and all seemed to be good, up until i got home and starting really looking at closer, sure enough the top of the blade started showing the same type of cracking, and breaking that the previous Widow I had just returned under warranty.

I could flex the blade in my hand and hear it "crunching". The sad part about all of this is that I spent $300 on this stick and it didn't last. What's even more discouraging is that while I picked up the new stick at my LHS I decided to order a Warrior Widow though Warrior's "stick customizer" - I put my order through before I had purchased the one at retail thinking I would get a ton of use out of it. Given what I have gone through to date, I don't even want the customized stick anymore, I know I won't use it and hopefully I can sell it for somewhat close to what I paid. Warrior will only allow for 1 warranty exchange within 30 days, which to me doesn't make much sense however I think most stick manufacturers have this same policy? That said, I will never purchase another Warrior stick again - I have since gone back to Bauer and plan to stick with this brand for as long as possible.

In the end, Warrior makes a"cool" looking product IE: Stick customizer, fancy graphics, decals etc., but IMO the weak blades is something that has been a long standing issue (search "warrior blade" on any hockey forum), that they should address and ultimately fix.

That sounds just like my experiences with all Warrior sticks too.

Hey everyone, I currently have a Bauer Total One LE and for some reason I don't like it at all. I use to have a Bauer Total One non LE and I loved it. I just bought the LE and now I'm looking into a new stick. Ive been hearing a lot about the Warrior Diablo sticks and I'm nervous to try out since I've always used Bauer. What are your guys thoughts?

Did you change the flex/curve or something? Because all that's different is the graphics between the LE and non-LE.

i ll give a different twist i have had the widow for about 9 monthes best stick ever it is starting to breakdown in the blade but it the performance that counts

i ll give a different twist i have had the widow for about 9 monthes best stick ever it is starting to breakdown in the blade but it the performance that counts

Same here. I have found that I have to alter my slapshot motion due to the flex profile of the widow, coming from a stick that flexes similarly to the total one. I don't take a lot of ice with my slappers and don't use a ton of down force to load the stick, maybe that's why my blade has lasted so long.

I've had luck with durability on both, I had a TO, it sadly is no more due to my own fault. I switched back to the Dolomite (I had one for about 3 years and never had any issues til i got slashed and it snapped in two) and so far the new one is holding up, no issues on the blade as others have talked about.