Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattKingDelToro

CCM RBZ - Powered by TaylorMade

The Senior CCM/Reebok sticks (75 flex) are 2 inches shorter then their 100 & 85 flex sticks. However, the standard 85&100 flex CCM/Reebok stick is 1 1/2" taller then Bauer sticks, where the 75 flex CCM/Reebok is 1/2" shorter then Bauer sticks.

Other random facts on stock stick length: Warrior Dynasty & Widow are 3 inches taller then Bauers, and Easton depends on the curve for the height of the stick, with over an inch in height range.

i am not sure where you get your get those numbers. youre right the ccm/reebok sticks in 75 flex are 58''. but i dont think that bauer sticks are 58.5'' as you claim. arent Bauers 60'' long in 77/87/102 flex just like the reebok/ccm?

I wonder how much your opinion would change if you were using a stick with the proper stiffness.

I wonder how much your opinion would change if you were using a stick with the proper stiffness.

I was using the correct flex, it just plays a little stiffer.

I was using the correct flex, it just plays a little stiffer.

I think what Chippa means is that because you feel the RBZ plays stiffer.....you should drop a flex rating and then see how it feels to you. That way the flex performance is closer to what you prefer.

i am not sure where you get your get those numbers. youre right the ccm/reebok sticks in 75 flex are 58''. but i dont think that bauer sticks are 58.5'' as you claim. arent Bauers 60'' long in 77/87/102 flex just like the reebok/ccm?

All of the RBZs that I had come in are 1 1/2" taller then my Bauers. If you want to get technical the 75 flex sticks are closer to 3/4" shorter then Bauer, but its pretty close to 1/2".

Older CCM models range in height tremendously just like Eastons do depending on curve.

My 2 stick where in use today 3 teamates tryed them while i was on my widow.It look like a love/hate stick,no middle point in them.2 liked it and one hated it.One of the 2 that liked the stick was using a RS and the other one a APX the one that hated im was a nexus user.We all use 75 flex so the flex was good for everyone but the curve was not for everyone.

I used one last night in my game. Wasnt feeling great and hadnt been on the ice in weeks so didnt have a lot of time with puck on the blade, but from taking shots in warm-up and the few passes I received during the game, I liked the stick. Felt nice, didnt really notice anything exceptionally pingy with the blade, decent feel.

A few more times out will help me gauge it better, but first impressions were good.

Learned a fun fact yesterday at a league conference, the rbz was 5 years in the making. Not surprised it took a couple years but wow 5 is a long time!

...well after a very short time on the ice with the RBZ... I really do think this is the top stick available on the market right now... comparable to a mako in my opinion, it has great feel and has a lot of snap with the release of a shot... just what everyone wants... may I warn you though... please use with CAUTION... mine did some serious damage just an hour or two ago... oops...

photofrv.jpg

While its always a bit of an ego boost to shatter the glass with a shot, I don't think the RBZ itself was responsible for the glass breaking. I broke a pane like that with an Easton Ultralite back in the day.

While its always a bit of an ego boost to shatter the glass with a shot, I don't think the RBZ itself was responsible for the glass breaking. I broke a pane like that with an Easton Ultralite back in the day.

And I did it with a Bauer intermediate wood stick while playing inline a number of years ago. Hitting the right spot is what does it.

And I did it with a Bauer intermediate wood stick while playing inline a number of years ago. Hitting the right spot is what does it.

Time to start missing the net on purpose so I can thank Keith and the guys from Warrior for putting out great product with a more impressive visual indicator of their success. :tongue:

please use with CAUTION... mine did some serious damage just an hour or two ago... oops...

wheres the picture of the hole in the mesh? :P

haha I missed crossbar by a matter of inches.... shattered it right dead center in the glass... and obviously it is all about hitting the glass in the right spot... just so happened to be the first time on the ice with the RBZ haha

Can anyone tell me a little more on the specifics of how the "custom kickpoint" feels/works for you (compared to your usual preferred kickpoint)? From everything I've read about this stick, that's the feature that intrigues me the most.

Can anyone tell me a little more on the specifics of how the "custom kickpoint" feels/works for you (compared to your usual preferred kickpoint)? From everything I've read about this stick, that's the feature that intrigues me the most.

AFAIK it flexes depending on where you place your lower hand, giving you a "custom kick point" that changes for every shot you take.

AFAIK it flexes depending on where you place your lower hand, giving you a "custom kick point" that changes for every shot you take.

Thanks. I get that.

I was asking more about details on people's impressions on it for those that have used the stick. When reading through the earlier posts, the most I noticed anyone going into it was saying something along the lines of "the custom kickpoint takes some getting used to." Unfortunately that doesn't tell me a whole lot on how they think it performs compared to the more traditional flex points. Does it take some getting used to, but really allows me to get a good shot off quicker/stronger/faster etc.? Or does it take some getting used to and I don't really like it cause now my slappers are weak sauce and my wristers aren't so wicked anymore? That's more of what I was asking.

Though I guess my biggest question would be do they feel that the "custom" kick point(s) remains relatively consistent regardless of hand placement or does it vary a good deal?

It's a straight shaft with no engineered, static kick point. It's no different than an old-style standard shaft, like an ultralight, supreme or AK. Calling it a "feature" or that it has "custom kick points" is simply marketing.

So is it similar to the SE16? I recall that as being a tapered shaft with no engineed kickpoints other than the effect the taper has on it. I could be wrong though, it's been awhile since I used one.

So is it similar to the SE16? I recall that as being a tapered shaft with no engineed kickpoints other than the effect the taper has on it. I could be wrong though, it's been awhile since I used one.

No, the RBZ is not tapered.

It's a straight shaft with no engineered, static kick point. It's no different than an old-style standard shaft, like an ultralight, supreme or AK. Calling it a "feature" or that it has "custom kick points" is simply marketing.

Ah, gotcha.

The taper causes it to have an engineered kickpoint.