Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattKingDelToro

CCM RBZ - Powered by TaylorMade

Haven't seen any pics of the blade yet in this thread so here it goes:

Left is rbz, right is traditional ccm

Picture1.png

It'll be interesting to see how long those center supports last before breaking, and how the performance will change if one of those cracks. I can't tell from the pic but I really hope there's some vertical supports in there.

sorry, used the wrong choice of words in my question. what i meant to say was flex profile, not shaft dimensions.

The flex profile didn't feel similar to me. The Nexus loaded much more easily, despite using a 102 nexus and 85 in the CCM.

I thought the stick looked good in person, felt good in my hands, had nice balance, and felt responsive when stick handling.

The feel was different, but not bad to me. My guess is that it's due to the lack of foam. On the plus side, the feel won't change because of the foam breaking down.

I really didn't spend enough time with it to get acclimated to the differences between the Hossa pattern and the P88 that I usually use (mainly the difference in lie). I couldn't really get past the grip (it seemed tackier than most other grip sticks I've tried). I only took a handful of shots with it.

I was a big fan of this stick. It was, to me, the lightest stick I held, and had great feel for the puck.

Got to try the stick for over an hour today. It is the best stick ccm has ever made. Wrist shots and snap shots were decent, really felt a difference when I took slapshots. Decent puck feel and puck didnt bounce when receiving passes, however I still prefer my g3 pro twig

The RBZ was actually my favorite stick from SJ next to the Miken, I had my fastest shot with it and I enjoyed the feel, reminded me personally of the the APX stick when I tried it out. I was truly impressed by the stick, liked everything about it!

Color me unimpressed.

I spent so e time with it, the sticks balance just felt... wrong. It wasn't a heavy stick, but it felt like it was a lower price point stick, and not an elite level product. As for performance, I shot OK with it. I liked the way the stick loaded on slapshots more than the mako. The luck came off well, but my knock on the blade is this.... I wasn't sure where the puck was when I was shooting. Looking at my target and winding up, I wasn't sure where I made contact. That's a deal breaker for me, because in like to know where the puck is before I shoot, without looking... and with the rbz, I didn't have that feel.

Received mine on Friday - 75 flex Hossa.

Looks exactly like a Heatley - blade could be a bit longer however.

I used one at SummerJam; that one was a NUG 65. As I didn't really skate all that much at SJ I don't have a good read on the stick yet. Will skate today.

Yes, I've transitioned from 85 to 75 in the past year or so - I cut my sticks so short nowadays that I pretty much have to. I have a Dynasty, Nexus, Zero Limit and now RBZ all at 75 flex.

Used it today, was interesting to say the least. Pucks were flying off the blade on slapshots, however, a bit of a learning curve on wristers. Not as easy load as Nexus but doesn't feel forced.

Has quite a bit of potential.

The Senior CCM/Reebok sticks (75 flex) are 2 inches shorter then their 100 & 85 flex sticks. However, the standard 85&100 flex CCM/Reebok stick is 1 1/2" taller then Bauer sticks, where the 75 flex CCM/Reebok is 1/2" shorter then Bauer sticks.

Other random facts on stock stick length: Warrior Dynasty & Widow are 3 inches taller then Bauers, and Easton depends on the curve for the height of the stick, with over an inch in height range.

i really like the wrister off them.Not has good has my widow but different on the loading .Wrister are pretty good and i seem to be having a nice control on my slapper (but i only take about 3 to 5 per game)

Yes, I've transitioned from 85 to 75 in the past year or so - I cut my sticks so short nowadays that I pretty much have to. I have a Dynasty, Nexus, Zero Limit and now RBZ all at 75 flex.

Used it today, was interesting to say the least. Pucks were flying off the blade on slapshots, however, a bit of a learning curve on wristers. Not as easy load as Nexus but doesn't feel forced.

Has quite a bit of potential.

Haha nice, are you a lefty as well? If so, we're in the same small boat.

I took a few shots with it today and didn't come away particularly impressed; though of course it was on plastic tile with the curve I despise (RNH/P92/Hall).

JR, would you mind taking a look at the fuse point of your RBZ for me? Is it just me or is the fuse point quite noticeable? Also, is the hosel of the blade below the fusepoint hollow as well (continuing into the blade), because when caught with the right natural light, it certainly looked like it.

Got to use the RBZ today, and was less than impressed...

It really feels as if you are stickhandling a rock, not a puck. There is no vibration dampening, very harsh when the puck hits your blade, and it is almost hard to tell where the puck is on your blade at all times. The blade is louder on the ice than any other stick that I have played with. Loud when you receive a pass, loud when you shoot.

I would say that this stick is the definition of "Pingy"

The stick shoots decently but really nothing special, and it plays a lot stiffer than an Easton or Bauer stick. I would say that I prefer the Easton Stealth RS II over this by Far! Handles and shoots so much better than the RBZ.