Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattKingDelToro

CCM RBZ - Powered by TaylorMade

I got one last week and have used it a couple times, I am very impressed with the shots. puck comes off the blade quick. The only issue I have with the stick is the lack of puck feel.

I picked one up yesterday and used it for two ice sessions, After the last ice slot i gave it a light tap on the ground it gave me that broken rattle sound. The stick appears to be perfectly fine, blade is stiff nothing loose on the inside. Anyone else have this problem?

After a bit of reading and searching it looks like the C46/P46 blade is much different then past bergeron patterns. I think the pattern chart displayed on most major retailers and even that catalog is misleading or incorrect. This is a better explanation of the C/P46. (Landeskog/Bergeron). Seems Easton/Bauer/RBK/CCM all got the on the Scott Bjugstad train.

i use the c46 and i love it. i am excited to try it in the rebook 20k. its funny i was shooting with a nxg and my taylormade, and it came down to the curve, the c46 just felt right. vs the p14 or p88.

great post on the video by the way. :laugh:

I really dislike that they keep pushing this type of blade and shooting style as the end all be all. As a teammate loves to say, "LOFT equals lack of f---ing talent". I've played with guys who wired wrist shots with every conceivable pattern out there.

I really dislike that they keep pushing this type of blade and shooting style as the end all be all. As a teammate loves to say, "LOFT equals lack of f---ing talent". I've played with guys who wired wrist shots with every conceivable pattern out there.

This is going to have more loft than a P14? Agreed on the shooting style, you should be able to execute a number of different motions. None of them are perfect for every situation.

I just ordered a rbz 60 75 flex landeskog. I took a few shots with the 85 flex and its stiffer then 85 flex eastons im used to. I also compared it to the p14 and E28. While similar its actually less open then the p14 or e28. The stick felt a lot stiffer then my mako2 which is 85 flex and seems to play closer to an 80. Ill cut the 75 a bit and hopefully its the same.

This pattern is great if all you do is shoot from your forehand and want to be a one dimensional player. How about passing and using your backhand? Never really mentioned in the video

have you used it? I have a fine backhand and my passing is fine. Like anything it just takes practice and getting used to. My use is the with the e28, a similar pattern.

This pattern is great if all you do is shoot from your forehand and want to be a one dimensional player. How about passing and using your backhand? Never really mentioned in the video

Did you watch the video? He specifically mentions how they left the heel of the blade flat to catch passes on the forehand and back hand.

Lack of Parise/P91A/any decent heel curve with a round toe is preventing me from trying this stick.

As for the rockered toe curves that are becoming more mainstream, the countless number of NHL players using this curve seem to have no problem being multi-dimensional players. People seem to think curves are like golf clubs in that they mechanically can only do certain things. Yes they maintain different attributes, and some curves are more optimized to one's game than others, but I haven't come across a single retail blade where I havent been able to do all of the basic functions required to play hockey.

i do all shot's just fine with this pattern. i really like that blade is more "closed" at the toe vs the p14, also is a bit more upright lie so i can keep my hands in tight. backhand sauce? not a problem. just takes adjustments, as does evey pattern out there. i could care less what they say about how to shoot. i just know for my preference, this pattern works the best since my p92 lie 5 days.

Interesting - I may have to give the pattern a shot. I liked the overall look/feel of the p14 but I could never adjust to how narrow the toe got, it felt like the top half of the blade was chopped off.

Lack of Parise/P91A/any decent heel curve with a round toe is preventing me from trying this stick.

Same here, but heel curves are just not popular in my area. Currently playing on 3 different teams and I'm the only one with a heel curve.

My impression is they have about 5 mid curves that are +/- a tiny bit of length/depth/loft relative to one another and a Modano clone.

my son using a rbz80 landeskog. this is his second stick since moving up from a zetterberg youth black widow. the stick is just a little to big for him, but he's an upright skater and I expect a huge growth spurt as i right this, so i really don't want to trim a couple of inches off of it.

things i have have noticed:

puck handling has become better ,

form has become better

he;s still developing his shot, so lift is coming as well...but i can't say it's any better than the zetterberg, which made him a better passer, harder shooter w/o lift and more accuracy

sadly,..he doesn't even want to use the zett anymore, he's more concerned about toe drags and trying to go top shelf

the things that aren't good about this stick is

that it's frikken heavy has hell, and his passes flutter..not to mention a little bigger than some of the other junior sticks