Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattKingDelToro

CCM RBZ - Powered by TaylorMade

My sources at CCM are being tight with details; just that they've been working with TaylorMade engineers on this concept for quite some time now. Will be a holiday or early 2013 launch.

However, he did divulge that it would have some of TaylorMade's key product technologies.

Interesting. I've never really been a fan of CCM sticks in the past, but this concept is definitely tempting.

How is it tempting? We don't even know what the concept IS yet, besides it being White.

Is that not enough reason?

A very reputable golf club company teams up with a hockey company to make a better stick? I mean that's enough for me to have a form of interest in it.

Exactly, and all they did that we know of, is slap the TM logo on a white stick... still details are yet to be released.. but no need for speculation as of yet.

My sources at CCM are being tight with details; just that they've been working with TaylorMade engineers on this concept for quite some time now. Will be a holiday or early 2013 launch.

However, he did divulge that it would have some of TaylorMade's key product technologies.

No one should be suprised by a product tease this time of year. Happens every year. They are about a month before presenting fall launch to major dealers. This is the right time to create a big buzz. Exactly about a year ago Easton dropped the RS with Cammalleri. RBK guys are tweeting about 20K sticks that will be fall launch.

It is very interesting that they are combining resources/technology. But last time I check taylor made wasn't the goto shaft brand in the golf industry. They do own weight distrubution in regards to club heads.

TaylorMade basically invented the adjustable driver/fairway wood/rescue head technology. They currently have the most adjustable club on the market, the head of the club is adjustable through a) adjusting the angle of the face (open, square, closed, as well as degrees of loft) and b) adjustable weighting in the back of the head. The idea behind a) is to adjust the face angle at impact to compensate for your swing deficiencies and the idea behind b) is to use the weighting to create centrifugal force to help correct some of those same swing deficiencies so that you deliver the clubhead to the ball in as square a position as possible. The idea behind both technologies is for the clubface to be square to the target line when it impacts the ball. The adjustable technology is their competitive/marketing advantage, as most of their shafts come from other OEMs. Not sure if any of that can really translate to a hockey stick. I guess the adjustable weighting could.

Last email I got stated Fall launch. Don't know how that'll coincide well with the Sickick launch but well see.

Hasn't CCM been launched in Spring for Sticks in the past? I forget. Eitherway since hockey and golf share a large demographic, and since TM does very well in the golf industry, I'm pretty confident I'll sell a bit of these simply because of some branding on the stick.

...but the question is...will you be able to sell a second?

That's the true definition of a successful product.

Yes, I believe CCM sticks were always Spring, Reebok were Fall, and the inverse with skates.

Probably not a second.

But the people who would buy this stick solely on the TM aspect of it, most likely are going to be beer leaguers, who most likely wont break it within the 2 years the stick is on the market. I play with guys who are still using pre-nike/bauer bauer sticks, original synergys and RBK 6ks. I doubt many who buy it who only buy it b/c of TM will break it.

Yes, I believe the target demographic as I've stated in this thread is the adult player. Kids aren't going to be wowed that a golf manufacturer's name is on the stick.

No, the kids will be wowed by the "cool" white bottom third of the shaft and the fact that {insert star player here} uses a stick with the same paint scheme.

Do you guys think there is already demand for white sticks and that this and the Mako are there to meet demand? Or manufacturers creating demand? I haven't seen a single white dominant (self-painted or otherwise) stick being used around here and never have.

Do you guys think there is already demand for white sticks and that this and the Mako are there to meet demand? Or manufacturers creating demand? I haven't seen a single white dominant (self-painted or otherwise) stick being used around here and never have.

s19 pure is widely used

s19 pure is widely used

In the NHL perhaps, but not in minor hockey here, or rec hockey. I was just wondering about the market demand, not the NHL.

For me, cool looking stick for mens league is what I'm looking for. Not afraid to admit it.

However, just because they slapped a TM logo on it does it mean this is just a cross promotion, sucker stick.

It could be a really solid concept that sells well and performs well.

Yeah they might be trying to reach a niche market with the TM thing, but there is a possibility that this could be a legit top-end stick.

It seems goofy to us now, but we could all look back and think this was a pretty damn good idea.

Consider me a kool-aid drinker or optimist whatever you want. But I'll definitely give it a good whirl and compare it to my other high end sticks when it hits market.

No, the kids will be wowed by the "cool" white bottom third of the shaft and the fact that {insert star player here} uses a stick with the same paint scheme.

This.

My kid saw it and started getting excited saying he wanted a white stick

Most beer leaguers buying OPS in my shop flinch at the price of mid to high end OPS prices. If the beer leaguer is the intended end user, they may be used to paying $$$ for TM golf(I'm with JR on this and stay away from golf. I have enough trouble putting a puck in a 6' x 4' net, how the hell am I going to get a tiny ball in a hole starting 400 yards away?), but these beer leaguers still remember $20 woodies like its 1989.

maybe they are trying to get beer leaguers used to taylor-made on their hockey sticks - and then when they hang up their skates for good in a few years and switch to golf they will remember taylor-made fondly from hockey and buy their golf clubs too?

Most beer leaguers buying OPS in my shop flinch at the price of mid to high end OPS prices. If the beer leaguer is the intended end user, they may be used to paying $$$ for TM golf(I'm with JR on this and stay away from golf. I have enough trouble putting a puck in a 6' x 4' net, how the hell am I going to get a tiny ball in a hole starting 400 yards away?), but these beer leaguers still remember $20 woodies like its 1989.

Reminds me of the Robin Williams routine on golf. "and we'll put a wee little flag on it, to give them hope."

In the NHL perhaps, but not in minor hockey here, or rec hockey. I was just wondering about the market demand, not the NHL.

I wouldn't even say in the NHL. The pure's problem was it wasn't available very well at the LHS/retail level. Almost HAD to go online to get it.

Warrior also have the diablo se(new velvet grip version) in all white, as new product in the 2012 catalog.