Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

splitbtw

Weird Tendencies

- Gum in my mouth until the last possible moment before mouthguard goes in

- Mouthguard soaked or dipped in mouthwash before each game (hate the rubber/plastic taste)

- Old hockey sock tied in a knot and placed upside down over the top of my water bottle

Why?

It's my multi-purpose sock that serves as a small towel, and a place to put my wallet, car keys, and cell phone (in shady rinks).

I also caught a pretty bad throat infection from a guy who was mouthing my water bottle a couple years ago. The sock acts as a deterrent to that.

It's my multi-purpose sock that serves as a small towel, and a place to put my wallet, car keys, and cell phone (in shady rinks).

I also caught a pretty bad throat infection from a guy who was mouthing my water bottle a couple years ago. The sock acts as a deterrent to that.

That is a great idea, particularly the valuables storage part.

Right shin, the left. Left skate first, then right. It has to be in that order. When sitting on the bench I have to have the blade of my stick in the air.

The only one I have is that if I forget my jock strap until after my pants are on, we're going to win. It's been 100% correct every time; unfortunately, if I forget on purpose it doesn't work.

Explain that one. :huh:

- Gum in my mouth until the last possible moment before mouthguard goes in

second that and spit out the gum in our net when no one's looking

Specific music playlist before game. Dress right to left. Two tape loops around shin guards. Shoulder pads then elbow.

This is done before every single game.

-Pre-game dip

-Sit naked for about 5 minutes then put on my under gear

-Garter, socks, pants, skates, shins, tighten skates but don't tie completely, tape shin pads 3 loops under knees first, left to right, 3 loops ankles, left to right, tighten skates some more then tie them, elbow pads, take out dip, used to put on shoulder pads at this point, jersey, helmet.

-Used to re-tape everything between periods when we played with floods.

Grandmother's rosary in a metal box in my bag, Always new tape on all my 3 stick (even if I didn't use it). Listen the same song again and again and again before the game...

Retape the sticks, have to have my eat n park coffee, call my buddy on the way and he does the sign of the cross prayer in latin and tells me how many he wants me to score (i never score when i dont talk with him)

and if i play well and did something different i keep it up! for examply barrowed a stick of a teammate to see if I wanted to buy off him, put 3 in the net, bought the stick but he had to tape it til the streak ended!

I have a weird tendency to make fun of guys in the locker room who have stupid weird rituals and superstitions...LOL...

Seriously though, I hope you guys are playing alot more competetive level than I. Some of that stuff would be just plain weird to see at the beer league level....

I have a weird tendency to make fun of guys in the locker room who have stupid weird rituals and superstitions...LOL...

Seriously though, I hope you guys are playing alot more competetive level than I. Some of that stuff would be just plain weird to see at the beer league level....

Weird superstitions exist at every level in every sport.

Drink a coke in the locker room while getting changed. I need a little extra energy for those late starts.

Drink a coke in the locker room while getting changed. I need a little extra energy for those late starts.

I used to drink a coke and eat a 3 musketeers for the same reason, it started to affect me while i was play about 2 months ago so i gave up on that regimen.

I used to drink a coke and eat a 3 musketeers for the same reason, it started to affect me while i was play about 2 months ago so i gave up on that regimen.

I used to eat a payday but forgot somewhere along the way.

Always ride with my buddy to the game. Pee in the same toilet's (him in one, me in a different one) I buy his drink or he buys mine, we never each by our own. Only screwed this up onve this year, coincidentally only game we lost...

I listen to Come On Eileen on the way to every game because I broke a goal drought with a GWG once when it came on the radio as I was driving to the rink.

Also, if I pull my right shin out of my bag first while I'm getting dressed, I will put it back in the back and take the left one out.