Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bruins89

CCM making a comeback?

My sons CCM camp is this weekend and we have received his U+CL skates as well. The skates don't fit his foot either (too wide) and we surely didn't like the build quality of the skates either. The skate shop shimmed the holders to get them aligned but they are a mess and wouldn't let him get another pair. I went to my regular sharpener to get them resharpened and said he would have told me to send them right back if he knew I could get another pair by Saturday. He cursed the bent blades (holders) and said he already refused to profile 2 pairs for the CCM camp that evening. I just wanted a sharpen and told him to do the best he could as we will be going back to his Bauer’s as well next week.

I don't understand your post, the skate is too wide? Why did you buy it if fit was wrong fit? You had the skate altered (shimmed) by a shop, yet blame CCM for the holders being off and the blade being bent? Seems to me like you are to blame, not the skate.

yes, what do you want to know?

Just want to know if they feel like a high end pant. Do they provide good protection through the leg? How snug or loose do they fit compared to Vapors? I like the legs on my Vapors for the most part, but the kidney and spine padding is a little extreme. I saw the 12s in a store, but didn't get a chance to try them on. My initial impression was really that they're shockingly light.

i have never used mine on ice but it is a very nice and light pant for the price, but I did not realise how large the leg opennings are when i bought them, thats why i wont use them and im trying to get rid of them. I am not skinny by no means but the bottom of the pant if just too wide, just like many others posted about this, and it seems to be going throughout the whole line, cs cl and 12.

they seem to me just as protective as any pant ive had. They should be a tad shorter than your vapors. For someone who likes a tight fit on top, and a loose fit on the bottom, they are perfect.

also i have never had a x60 pant, but ive had the x40, the 12 feels much better protection and quality wise compared to the x40.

I don't understand your post, the skate is too wide? Why did you buy it if fit was wrong fit? You had the skate altered (shimmed) by a shop, yet blame CCM for the holders being off and the blade being bent? Seems to me like you are to blame, not the skate.

The skates are free as part of the camp. A very generous gift from CCM and you are required to wear them as part of the photo/video promotion for CCM camp. I knew the skates were going to be too wide my son before he tried them on. The shop shimmed the outer rivets of each holder to help correct vertical alignment of the holder to the boot, it did not work. He tried to skate on them yesterday and returned them to the shop. We are pick them up today at noon after realignment of the holder both vertically and parallel to the boot. I did not ask for the shims the shop said they were necessary.

The skates are free as part of the camp. A very generous gift from CCM and you are required to wear them as part of the photo/video promotion for CCM camp. I knew the skates were going to be too wide my son before he tried them on. The shop shimmed the outer rivets of each holder to help correct vertical alignment of the holder to the boot, it did not work. He tried to skate on them yesterday and returned them to the shop. We are pick them up today at noon after realignment of the holder both vertically and parallel to the boot. I did not ask for the shims the shop said they were necessary.

As with other manufacturers, all model skates do not fit all foot types, so please don't blame the skate. As a side, I'd question any shop who recommends shims. It's a health issue that should only be corrected by qualified personnel. Still, it must have been a poor installation job if the holder was crooked and steel bent. Pont I was making is, ithat isn't the skates fault, which is what I thought your original post was saying.

Were the holders and runners already bent before the shop shimmed them?

Yes, that is why the shims were attempted to correct the the vertical alignment problem.

Yes, that is why the shims were attempted to correct the the vertical alignment problem.

So they tried to correct damaged steel and holders by shimming? Sounds like a goofy shop to me.

So they tried to correct damaged steel and holders by shimming? Sounds like a goofy shop to me.

Yes if holder was mounted wrong at factory causing a bend, a shim is not what you would use to fix it. Something don't sound right.

The Reebok and CCM fit aren't that different. The pump is the only real variable.

Not terribly different, but seeing as most Reebok skates have Pumps, then I consider that worth mentioning. I also find that CCM boots are deeper than Reeboks. Never measured different pairs side-by-side though.

Not terribly different, but seeing as most Reebok skates have Pumps, then I consider that worth mentioning. I also find that CCM boots are deeper than Reeboks. Never measured different pairs side-by-side though.

I think that the reeboks i tried on were a bit wider in the toe box which i didnt like.

Just want to know if they feel like a high end pant. Do they provide good protection through the leg? How snug or loose do they fit compared to Vapors? I like the legs on my Vapors for the most part, but the kidney and spine padding is a little extreme. I saw the 12s in a store, but didn't get a chance to try them on. My initial impression was really that they're shockingly light.

I have the pants and I've used them plenty on the ice. I did not notice that the leg openings were wide until people talked about it on this website. That being said I've only had CCM pants so maybe all I've known is wide leg pants. As far as the fit goes they are very comfortable and protective. When I got the pants I was actually planning on getting Reebok 7Ks, but when I tried them on I was between sizes so that did not work. I noticed a new pair of CCMs on the shelf and when I picked them up I was shocked by the weight. They are extremely light and are even lighter than the Crazy Light pants.

So all in all I like the pants a lot after using them for a couple months now and I would recommend them. Unless you don't like pants with a little wider leg opening, then these are probably not for you.

re. the original topic of ccm making a comeback

has ccm u+12 skates for 18 months , fantastic skate , shame about the poor choice of eyelet material, replaced all mine at the lhs

compared to the vectors the first u+ skates were good just poor material choice for the outers (was only cosmetic anyway)

think they stepped it up with the blue/purple u+ range

Are there any indications of when they intend to release a new lineup, the u+cl lineup is approaching 2 years old now and i was thinking something new must be in the pipeline ??

Is it just me or do the U+CL gloves run big? Tried on a pair of 13s, which fit fine when I normally wear 14s in Warrior.

I couldn't agree more, Easton had the game on lock all the way up until about 2007 in my opinion, while others were beginning to come around, still nothing seemed to beat Easton. If you ask me, Bauer seems to hold the crown for now, but the clear cut leader is no longer in existence. The RBZ may just be another "O-stick", with the whole Taylor Made ploy. The O-stick was pretty new and cool for all of a couple weeks, but hype died down and they were on clearance with in the year.

I would agree as well. Since Bauer came out with the one95 they have been right there with easton and I think have surpassed them for now. Warrior is coming strong with the new covert DT1 and seems like reebok and ccm are making a charge.

Is it just me or do the U+CL gloves run big? Tried on a pair of 13s, which fit fine when I normally wear 14s in Warrior.

I find they run smaller than Franchises. I'm a 13 in Franchises and a 14 in the CLs. I don't think they run bigger than the average glove.

Also I have been rocking a black CCM v10 helmet with a black 480 cage. Really comfortable helmet that I've used this past season, looks pretty good, but most importantly fits my head right. Very protective and I only got it for $120, a good buy IMO.

I still have my pairs of CCM Vector pants. My personal favorite for pants. Strong, good movement, modern fit. They also have an internal belt for added comfort. Wish CCM still sold these

I still have my pairs of CCM Vector pants. My personal favorite for pants. Strong, good movement, modern fit. They also have an internal belt for added comfort. Wish CCM still sold these

That line (V10, V08, V06etc.) was absolutely phenomenol. Probably the best pant line that I've ever seen in retail. The shins from that line were also superb and the shoulders underrated. The Fit pant line (headed by the U+Pro, Fit09 etc.) regressed a bit imo but the current CL line has stepped it back up.

Great value at each price point, unique fit and a very comfy design. If I'm not mistaken, the CL and CS pants are actually two-piece pants (upper and padded lowers fastened by buttons).

You're not the only one who liked that Vector line lol

CCM caught my eye with the CL line. Lately whenever I've needed new stuff, been looking at CCM first. Starting to have a lot of solid offerings.

Pretty much the same. Hope they start using the ufoam for the midlevel equipment as well.

My son won the "in the lineup" contest Mc Donalds had in 2008 to goto montreal to be on the ice for the opening ceremonies for the NHL all star game. They gave him CCM pants...top of the line for that year. I never let him wear them as I wanted him to keep them as a momento. they are amazing pants. best design I have ever seen. I may look for a pair left over on ebay or whereever.

I like the low profile idea of the new shoulder pads. I look like a linebacker in my pro tacks. gut hanging out and all! ha ha.