Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stewie

sherwood nexion/t90 and graf ultra stick lines

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the new graf supra 55 or 75, the sherwood nexion 8 and 12, or the sherwood t90. I was at my LHS today, and they felt great in the hand, but was wondering if anyone had any on ice experience with these. the T90 seemed like it was well priced, and had almost a high end balance feel to them.

T90 is one of the best price for value/durability sticks in my opinion. I use one and I really like it. I don't hear many complaints about T90s.

Talked to a guy using a Nex 12 and he was impressed with it too but said it took a while to get used to the feel. I didn't ask him if he had used a T90 or what he was using before.

I haven't tried the supra 55 or 75, but I used Graf's previous lineup and I was really impressed.

cool. yeah i might pop on the t90. it was undercover model, and they had a blade pattern i liked (standard 88) i liked how the graf stick had more grip on the top and bottom walls, it felt really nice, i just wish i had more money for sticks, there are always too many i want to check out

Out of the ones that you've listed I'd suggest giving the T90 a go before anything else.

I know what you mean about money for sticks/equipment. I'd give everything a go if I had unlimited income or someone was giving me gear to try.

right now there is a promo on the nexen sticks where you can use for a few weeks and if you dont like it for any reason you can get a refund no questions. HM is offering this, not sure if it applies to all licensed dealers

yah, id like to try the nexion but not sure if i would like the patterns its offered in, love the P088 from the T90 line. the graf just feels a lot lighter than its labeled weight, not sure if any nhl players are using it, but it has a great in hand feel. next time i go to the store im bringing in my gloves to see that feel. the grip on the graf is pretty sweet, and the blade is pretty narrow, so i am not sure if that will lead to some durability issues but i bet it will give a nice puck-on feel

I used the N12 this season and I loved it. especially for the price. smaller shaft dimensions than the T90 which was a big plus for me, the kick point does take some getting used too

Graf stick line looked very good.

Pretty sure Dennis Wideman is using them now.

when i was holding it in my bare hands, i felt as though i was fit to be on mount olympus, being fed grapes by a scantilly clad Julia Stiles. and then i realized there was a model level higher. def bringing my gloves in this week to get that feel

Has anyone tried the T90 replacement blades? In a separate thread, one person said they fell apart pretty fast. Wanted to see if you have the same experience.

One of the guys I play with uses a Graf Ultra G75, I didn't see a Supra G75, so I'm not sure if that's what you meant..

For the Ultra G75, he really likes it. It didn't break the bank and he says feel is like his RBK 9k, but the Graf seems more explosive.

yes, i didnt notice until after i left that the top of the line is the ultra while rest are supra. I use an 11k right now as my primary twig, was looking for something a little less costly as a backup, plus to try something a little different. the only problem i had in my research so far is that Graf has a craptastic website, couldnt find lie or even contact information readily.

i have a buddy that uses a t90 for a back up to his tps r8s and he says the two are near identical. when i compared them side by side i couldn't tell you if there were any significant differences.

We've been quite happy with the new Graf stick line in my shop. We've sold a good number of them and have gotten very positive feedback. Most dislikes stem around the features such as the way the grip is (only on bottom of shaft) and other small details. Comments regarding the play of the stick, the feel, the kick, etc, have all been quite postitive. They also seem to be holding up pretty well too.

I like what they have to offer for the money. If you're looking for something slightly cheaper than your 11K while still looking for something light, I'd look at the G75 model (not the G75 lite). Its under $200, only weighs about 20 grams more than the top of the line model and is a lot of bang for the buck.

i might purchase both the T90 and the Graf, 3 twigs to mess around with isnt too much right??? lol