Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mxpowder

Easton Mako Stick

When we get some in, I'll weigh the Mako vs the RS. The RS is well balanced, but not very light. I'd guess the Mako is lighter, but I'll have to wait and see for sure.

I just ordered a Mako. Took a look at each in the store last week - the RS definitely feels lighter. But the Mako feels more balanced.

I want to try a Mako, but I really like my ST's. I like a heavier/stiff/tough stick being defense and taller/bigger guy. I think I will wait on reviews and see, but it is going to be hard to put down my good ol' ST's.

you may want to try the total one if looking to upgrade, in my opinion it is the perfect stick for the type of defenseman you described

I want to try a Mako, but I really like my ST's. I like a heavier/stiff/tough stick being defense and taller/bigger guy. I think I will wait on reviews and see, but it is going to be hard to put down my good ol' ST's.

The Mako M5 is supposed to be the replacement for the ST. I was told by Easton that is not exactly like an ST, but it is more like an ST than the regular Mako and they're considering it the "replacement" for the ST and should give the closest performance to the ST as anything Easton makes.

The Mako M2 is supposed to be the replacement for the ST. I was told by Easton that is not exactly like an ST, but it is more like an ST than the regular Mako and they're considering it the "replacement" for the ST and should give the closest performance to the ST as anything Easton makes.

I thought that's what the M5 was suppose to be?

I was able to test this stick for about 20 minutes. Very nice stick. A lot of guys have been raving about the feel....... I totally agree, Great feel and really nice shot. If I was in the market I would grab one for sure.

I liked all three, they felt pretty nice for each pricepoint, not logs like some competitor products. I really liked the M3 in particular, though for ~$160 it has some pretty stiff competition. M1 and 2 look like Creamsicles...mmm.

I held, played around with a new 85 flex Mako and an 85 flex RS today at my LHS. The RS definitely felt lighter? The RS also seemed to be a stiffer flex, where the Mako seemed like it flexed lower in the shaft than the RS. After I walked away, I picked up my APX which seem lighter than both sticks. All bench testing as I didn't shoot any pucks. Anyone that's been using this stick have any further input or updates?

The RS definitely felt lighter in the store, but the Mako felt more balanced.

Just got my Mako, trying it in my game tomorrow.

(The RS definitely felt lighter in the store, but the Mako felt more balanced.

Just got my Mako, trying it in my game tomorrow.)

Let us know how it is in your game. Im on the fence with the Mako as i have not had much luck with Easton sticks and im looking to buy a new one. Its between the Mako or wait for the Bauer Nexus

I got the Mako a couple of weeks ago and from shooting around in my backyard with it and doing 2 pick ups with it I can say it is definitely the best stick out there right now. Currently I have the APX and just broke a TotalONE and an RS and decided to pick the Mako up to replace them. The puck seems to stick on the blade much better than any other high end stick. It definitely made stick stick handling easier and the passes more accurate. As far as shooting, which is all I really care about in a stick, it surpasses both the APX and RS. The kick from the Mako is definitely more consistent through the shaft where I felt the RS was sort of hit or miss. Slapshots have about the same velocity as the TotalONE if not more, and this is coming off of reconstructive wrist surgery as a part of rehab, so needless to say I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Hopefully the blade will be sturdier that the RS blade.

Any thoughts on the lower M1, M2, or M3 versions?

I picked up an M1 a couple weeks ago. I like it, its a lot lighter than my Reebok AI3

(The RS definitely felt lighter in the store, but the Mako felt more balanced.

Just got my Mako, trying it in my game tomorrow.)

Let us know how it is in your game. Im on the fence with the Mako as i have not had much luck with Easton sticks and im looking to buy a new one. Its between the Mako or wait for the Bauer Nexus

For those following this thread but maybe not the other one, this is the result of two shifts: LSoLll.jpg

two shifts mean nothing. if you play against Mike Tyson, one shift will destroy your most solid twig.

real question is; what happened in the aforementioned shift.

Maybe this is an ACTUAL warranty issue as well since it went so fast.

I've got several employees using them and our hockey director has been using it as well and we havent seen any durability issues at this point other than the white getting dinged up pretty easily.