Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MatthewRoach7

Smile. Cause at the end of the day its just a game.

That's why I get amazed at what kids do at the younger levels: a slash above the gloves, a slew foot, a crosscheck below the shoulder pads. All of those are done with the intention of hurting someone. And it's just a game.

Thomas seemed very jovial and friendly in the handshake line. I seem to recall everyone (ok...maybe not everyone but a bunch of people) giving PK Subban shit a couple years ago for not being serious enough during the handshake after losing.

That's because P.K. gets ridiculed on way too much in my opinion. He is one of those players that every move he makes is under a microscope. He brings some of it on himself but I like him as a player.

Tim Thomas has a resume that entitles him to smile to cheer a kid up at the end of a game. What Thomas did here was totally different than what PK Subban has done, and PK Subban hasn't done enough in the league to get cut any slack for his antics.

Just my opinion.

Smiling while giving handshakes IMO is not what I would call "antics". Yes it sucks to lose but you need to suck it up and while not jumping around with joy, you can still smile while you wish your opponents good luck for the rest of the way. You don't need to have been in the league for 20 years, won a cup or have won trophies to show that you are a good sport after a defeat..

I'm hard on Subban for some of his antics but won't condemn the kid for being jovial and friendly during the handshake.

Smiling while giving handshakes IMO is not what I would call "antics". Yes it sucks to lose but you need to suck it up and while not jumping around with joy, you can still smile while you wish your opponents good luck for the rest of the way. You don't need to have been in the league for 20 years, won a cup or have won trophies to show that you are a good sport after a defeat..

I'm hard on Subban for some of his antics but won't condemn the kid for being jovial and friendly during the handshake.

Any condemnation of PK Subban is probably a culmination of all his on-ice antics coupled with how he appeared in the handshake line. The antics added to the big goofy grin in the handshake line and PK didn't do himself any favors.

the kid he was telling to smile is a special needs child and Thomas is his favorite player. I believe NESN did an intermission segment on him.

And this is what makes alot of hockey players special. You know TT was upset but that kid was more important to him.

Tim Thomas has a resume that entitles him to smile to cheer a kid up at the end of a game. What Thomas did here was totally different than what PK Subban has done, and PK Subban hasn't done enough in the league to get cut any slack for his antics.

Just my opinion.

Subbans level of fan scrutiny is surpassed only by Crosby and Ovechkin. Every move is under a microscope.

I think this could translate over to many adult leagues as well. The league I play in definitely has some people in it who pout, try to hurt other players, etc. and we don't even get paid for playing. Great to see a player cheer up a young fan though.