Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sharks #5

Bauer vs Mission sizing

Just a quick one for anyone out there who can help me with this. I recently bought the Mission Axiom T8's but am sending them back because of fit issues and looking at getting the bauer xr5's. I normally take a size 7D but have come to the conclusion that I need a EE width but noticed with the missions that they were abit long (atleast half a size), whereas normally in a 7D they are perfect.

Anyway, should I drop down to a 6.5EE in the bauer XR5's? I'm assuming that they are the same length as the missions. Before anyone says, unfortunately I live in the UK where it is near impossible for me to find somewhere to try these on.

Thanks for your help

What Bauer skates were you comparing the T8's with to come to the conclusion Mission were 1/2 a size bigger? I have generally found Bauer and Mission to fit the same length wise except for Bauer RX60's which are 1/2 a size smaller than Missions (and other Bauer skates). If you have been wearing a D width and then go to an EE you can find the length appears different because your foot is not restrained by the width.

The only true test for length is to wear thin socks, laces out of the boot, foot in boot and get your toes to feather the toe cap and then see how much room you have between the boot and the back of the heel.

I wasn't comparing them to bauers, but to the reebok and ccm skates that I have. I did what you said in regards to trying them on and could get my index finger down the back of my heel so figured that if I went for the bauers I could lose half a size.

If you can get your index finger down the back of your heel then you can lose a whole size, let alone a 1/2.

I don't have any of the XR range at hand or know anyone who currently skates in them so I can't help with a direct comparison to a T8. Someone here should definitely be able to help and if they could post how long their foot is then you can compare it to yours to get the right fit.