Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Easton RS Skates

From what I understand they are made by the same folks that make the MLX skate. I know the release date got pushed back a bit by Easton. I will try to get more info when we receive the skates at our shop.

The RS is the last skate designed by Easton before the MLX purchase. There was to be a whole new line of Stealths but was cancelled due to the purchase. The release date is mid June.

I was able to try on the RS for a quick second. To me, they felt very different from the old stealth line. The RS was very tight fitting everywhere for my foot. The easton rep told me that if I wanted something with more width and volume to try the EQ line.

apparently they are already preselling them on IW will be there on june first, check them out on icewarehouse's website under easton skates

The RS is the last skate designed by Easton before the MLX purchase. There was to be a whole new line of Stealths but was cancelled due to the purchase. The release date is mid June.

We were told that they were canceled in advance of the MLX purchase, not due to it. Hopefully the change was done for the right reasons.

From the looks of the first test skates Easton had tried to do a full composite boot including toes for a complete composite boot including bottom sole. Here's a link to the original design.

http://www.hockeyworldblog.com/tag/easton/page/2/

The new design looks very similar to the Nike V12's. Maybe they found problems with the full composite boots and reverted to something more reliable? I'm sure JR would have more input.

That was posted in September 2011, prior to the MLX purchase. I wonder how much of that original design was carrier over.

If I remember correctly, those skates were taken out of the dumpster at Easton and the person was arrested.

That boot wasn't composite. That was the step down from the RS.

stick9 - they were developed at the same time. The RS just went standalone instead of the whole line.

Jr, the skate was designed at the same time they bought mlx?

The RS is the last skate designed by Easton before the MLX purchase. There is no MLX tech in the boot, as far as I know.

Last I heard (last week, when speaking with a pro rep he had just got his samples in) the RS skate is still being released, and has not been cancelled yet. The MLX skate concept should be released under the Mako family.

Mako skates? That already sounds appealing! I wonder if they'll be all white and grey...that isn't appealing. Silver and blue please!

I saw this picture on Devon Setoguchi's twitter. He was saying thank you to Easton for his new RS skates.....

So would that mean they are indeed moving forward for release?

AtmilCzCMAAu5rW.jpg

Looks decent. But if the Mako skate is going to have MLX tech in it, that's the skate that I'll be spending money on for my next skate purchase.

Everything does look more appealing with Tuuks though...

I saw this picture on Devon Setoguchi's twitter. He was saying thank you to Easton for his new RS skates.....

I wonder what the rate is for sponsoring a tweet from an NHL player. :ph34r:

I wonder what the rate is for sponsoring a tweet from an NHL player. :ph34r:

You know...I never thought of that. I know "celebrities" do it, but never thought of it being done by NHL players. Very interesting. . . . .

Someone told me these skates were cancelled, is this true??

No.

This is probably the 7th time we have to repeat this story;

As of mid-October 2011, it was scrapped for 2012. That is why, if you look at our copy of the 2012 Easton Catalogue, you don't see the RS skate, but you see that it was pulled because they left the page with Parise's quote.

A couple of months later, they decided to reverse their decision and release the skate.

As far as Mako is concerned, it is a concept of a family of products.

Looks decent. But if the Mako skate is going to have MLX tech in it, that's the skate that I'll be spending money on for my next skate purchase.

Everything does look more appealing with Tuuks though...

Agreed. I'd totally skip the RS and wait for the MLX tech in the Mako.

I don't like waiting though. LOL