Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Easton RS Skates

The skates look a lot better than I remember seeing, but I suppose the Razor bladz tend to make any skate look worse. :p

I have such a hard time taking Razor Bladz seriously. These really do look much better with tuuks.

I have such a hard time taking Razor Bladz seriously. These really do look much better with tuuks.

As someone who has RBII holders on his TotalONEs (and at some point will install on my NXG) they actually skate very well if you put the solid (non-parabolic) steel on.

Sometimes, function trumps style.

As someone who has RBII holders on his TotalONEs (and at some point will install on my NXG) they actually skate very well if you put the solid (non-parabolic) steel on.

Are you using the ST-Bladz Step runners?

My parabolic runners need to be replaced within a month or so, and I want to try something new.

....and changing steel is a matter of seconds with just a screwdriver !! no need to hassle with a 8mm hex joint on corroded hardware .

A U16 AAA player in my area is going to be testing/reviewing a pair shortly. I'm curious to hear his thoughts over the next couple months. My LHS is hesitant to stock Easton skates.

I hadn't skated on anything but Tuuk since Tuuk replaced all steel blades (yes I'm that old) until my MLX's. Didn't care at all for the MLX blade and holder. The EQ5's were available for a ridiculously low price so I got those and worried about the RBII. Now that I'm used to the stance I really like them though I can feel the parabolic steel flex if I'm really pushing it.

I'm actually considering putting the RBII on the MLX skates though if Mako can combine the best of both worlds I'll have found my skate!

Might have to try solid steel.

I might pull the trigger on a pair of solid steel today. I "bottomed out" on my holders twice while turning during my game last night.

There was a tent sale at my local hockey shop today and there was an easton booth with a bunch of RS skates. I didn't have much time to look at them, but from what I saw I'm definately interested in a pair. The rep said they'll be out by the end of the month

Its actually a very nice skate. We received one pair for an employee to test out and give feedback on (unfortunately not my size) and he'll be skating on them this week. His first impressions on trying them on were very positive coming from a Supreme One100. He's really excited to try them out. I think it will be a very good skate for Easton upon first impressions of holding one in my hands.

Does anyone know what the color scheme of these skates is going to be? I have seen photos of it that show it primarily black trimmed in yellow and silver. I have also seen pics of it primarily silver trimmed in yellow and black.

They're definatley lighter than that in person. More of a dark grey than a black

As in that photo. On my screen they are silver around the eyelets, black at the heel and up the back and a dark grey for the uppers. Depending on light it can look a little lighter, however that photo and the one on HM (same photo btw) are very much like the skate we have here in our possesion that one of my employees has been testing out.

EDIT: Yeah, I just looked at our skate again here, and it is definitely a little lighter than it looks in that photo. As I said, its a dark grey upper that can look pretty light at times too.

They're definatley lighter than that in person. More of a dark grey than a black

Had a chance to try them on today. Definitely more dark grey than black. Still look nice. Pretty substantial ankle padding like many Easton skates but instead of it being rigid padding it is a pliable padding. Reminds me of the CCM Externo E60s that had that just on the ankle bone area. On the RS's it is more widespread and it looks to accommodate different shaped ankle bones better. Felt comfortable out of the box. Didn't feel as tight in the heel as the S17 but seemed a narrow-average heel. Forefoot seemed to have the similar volume and width of the S17, maybe a smidgen less.

Got mine today. Out of the box comfort is the better than any skate I have ever worn. Even without baking, I am impressed with the way my heel is locked into place. Very snug fit around my foot. Getting them baked tomorrow and will get them on the ice for the first time Saturday.

Got mine today. Out of the box comfort is the better than any skate I have ever worn. Even without baking, I am impressed with the way my heel is locked into place. Very snug fit around my foot. Getting them baked tomorrow and will get them on the ice for the first time Saturday.

What other skates have you worn? Specifically, any Bauer Vapor? APX?

I got a pair Wednesday 6/27, baked 'em and played on them Thursday 6/28.

Super light, stiff as heck. I've been skating on Easton skates 10+ years now, last pair were SE16's which held up very well but on a whim got the RS's... Heel felt wider. All my previous skates were Size 9, but RS's fit bigger so I got 8.5

Felt great. Three different heel supports included, and need to try flatter ones as my arches were feeling tight at end of game.

So far so good, but definitely stiffest skate I've had so far.

As far as runners, I've never had problems w/ the Razor Bladz.

I tried Bauers before but found them extremely narrow.

I'd like to try the Tuuk runners, but not sure if $200 bucks is worth it.