Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Easton RS Skates

Anybody knows why these dont seem to sell much and went on liquidation real quick?

I saw them on liquidation in a few stores and thinking of picking up a pair for ~400$. I usually talk to teammates and people i meet that own skates that i am interested in, but the rs is not really popular to say the least, and I have not seen a single skater in them. Any particular reason? fit maybe? I doubt it is durability since they seem very well made and a big step up from the s17, at least to my eyes while holding them and trying them.

I haven't seen hem on clearance yet, they're still a current skate and will be for awhile.

I have three employees in them and they love them. We've actually done pretty well with them, if we can convince the customer to actually try them (still a lot of people have a bad taste in their mouth) they seem to like them and buy them.

I haven't seen hem on clearance yet, they're still a current skate and will be for awhile.

I have three employees in them and they love them. We've actually done pretty well with them, if we can convince the customer to actually try them (still a lot of people have a bad taste in their mouth) they seem to like them and buy them.

I agree with this. It takes time to recover a reputation I suppose, even if it's just among the people who sell them. I think I'm the only one in my workplace that would recommend Easton skates at the same relative frequency as anything else. Everyone else still looks down on them.

The price drop could be because the combination of a sluggish economy and high prices has finally caught up to hockey gear. An assistant manager I know from a midsize chain told me they just cancelled a good size portion of a booking because the first batch (top level gear) just isn't moving.

Any chance it could be due to the running change of the skate material that JR mentioned in the 2013 thread? Do prices normally drop in these circumstances?

No, they don't. They'd honor any previous issues.

You see price drops like you're going to see with the Reebok 20k. While the boot isn't changing for 2013, the new skate will be called the 20K SE and will have the Speedblade holder on it.

You see price drops like you're going to see with the Reebok 20k. While the boot isn't changing for 2013, the new skate will be called the 20K SE and will have the Speedblade holder on it.

Ahh cool, anxiously awaiting the 2013 catalog then. I love MSH Decembers!

Did you mean QuickBlade, like the holder where you can easily pop out the steel?

No. CCM has a new holder which has polished steel and 4mm taller holder, amongst other features that will be covered at a later date.

They are going to put it on the Reebok 20k and call it the SE.

No. CCM has a new holder which has polished steel and 4mm taller holder, amongst other features that will be covered at a later date.

They are going to put it on the Reebok 20k and call it the SE.

I was pretty excited when I got to check out the 20K SE and the SpeedBlade holder. But the SE is just a (special edition) white booted 20K and the SpeedBlade will just be on the new CCM "ice" skates.

I was pretty excited when I got to check out the 20K SE and the SpeedBlade holder. But the SE is just a (special edition) white booted 20K and the SpeedBlade will just be on the new CCM "ice" skates.

20k13.jpg

20k13.jpg

Screenshot2012-12-07at92443AM.png

As much as I wish Reebok would use the SpeedBlade, I confirmed with my rep yesterday only CCM skates will have that holder. The description above is a typo and as you can see in the pictures above it has the EPro holder and not the SpeedBlade. What were your thoughts on the new CCM line coming out? Especially the SpeedBlade runner & polished steel?

For those that own the skate, any input on stiffness? do they get soft fast(they dont seem as stiff as the s17)? hows the heel lock and forefoot width?

They are not as stiff as the S17 but they are plenty stiff. The people that I know that are using the RS skates (myself included) love them and have no issues with the boot going soft. They are the most comfortable pair of skates I have ever worn, they have held up great, and they perform well. I think that if they fit you you will love them.

I talked to a guy I play and coach with last week who has been in the RS (with the original liner) for about 4 months. I asked how they were, and he said fantastic aside from the liner in the heal starting to wear through. Told him to go to the LHS where he bought them and ask about an RA. He went on a Thursday, apparently the shop took pics and sent them to Easton. The sales rep dropped off a replacement pair that Saturday.

^now i understand why you dont answer in your sale thread and your pms.

I tried to answer the pm you sent me but i couldn't reply it said "topic deleted". Not sure why that happened. I did sell those skates.

I personally am a huge fan of these skates. I think (especially compared to easton skates of past) they did a fantastic job with the look, the fit, the feel. They do a great job of keeping heel lock achieved, and the boot is plenty stiff. Nothing compared to your composite boots, but for someone looking for a step down or two in stiffness from an apx or one.9, these would be worth looking at.

OFC the primary issue with these skates has nothing to do with the skates themselves, but the previous 2 or so lines that butchered eastons name in the skate game. Given the aquisition of mlx and the rs skates, I can see them gaining a lot more credibility in the months to come. Hopefully so too, because fitting bauer skates over and over becomes so draining and repetitive.

I personally am a huge fan of these skates. I think (especially compared to easton skates of past) they did a fantastic job with the look, the fit, the feel. They do a great job of keeping heel lock achieved, and the boot is plenty stiff. Nothing compared to your composite boots, but for someone looking for a step down or two in stiffness from an apx or one.9, these would be worth looking at.

OFC the primary issue with these skates has nothing to do with the skates themselves, but the previous 2 or so lines that butchered eastons name in the skate game. Given the aquisition of mlx and the rs skates, I can see them gaining a lot more credibility in the months to come. Hopefully so too, because fitting bauer skates over and over becomes so draining and repetitive.

It takes a long time to rebuild a reputation after a relative instant of crashing it. The new skates look promising though, can't wait to try that Mako on!

They are not as stiff as the S17 but they are plenty stiff. The people that I know that are using the RS skates (myself included) love them and have no issues with the boot going soft. They are the most comfortable pair of skates I have ever worn, they have held up great, and they perform well. I think that if they fit you you will love them.

since you can compare with the s17, how do you like the heel lock in the long run and and the forefoot width, very wide like the s17? I tried them on and it seemed similar in both aspect, buti cant say for sure until i try any skate on the ice.

Maybe the rs heel pocket is very slightly wider compared to my s17, but what bothered me most is the ankle foams seemed very very soft and i am afraid the heel lock will worsen very fast. I hope i am wrong.

would it be safe to say they fit simiar to the S15 regarding the heel lock and mid/forefoot? I havent had a chance to try these on yet but t have to say my luck with the S15 was great and still my favorit skate to date. Was never a fan of the silver though.

I'm coming from S15s too and I find the RS skates fit closer to Supreme than to old Stealth. Heel lock was acceptable, again, closer to Supreme than old Stealth.

I'm coming from S15s too and I find the RS skates fit closer to Supreme than to old Stealth. Heel lock was acceptable, again, closer to Supreme than old Stealth.

Great to hear. I'm currently in One100's. Happy to hear this boot will fit my foot.

It takes a long time to rebuild a reputation after a relative instant of crashing it. The new skates look promising though, can't wait to try that Mako on!

Not to derail here, but I totally agree with you on both accounts... I'm loving all that orange on the mako line of sticks/protective and skates too :laugh: