Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Easton RS Skates

since you can compare with the s17, how do you like the heel lock in the long run and and the forefoot width, very wide like the s17? I tried them on and it seemed similar in both aspect, buti cant say for sure until i try any skate on the ice. Maybe the rs heel pocket is very slightly wider compared to my s17, but what bothered me most is the ankle foams seemed very very soft and i am afraid the heel lock will worsen very fast. I hope i am wrong.

I have had no problems with the heel lock, the RS locks it up nice and tight. I haven't noticed any major differences in fit. I got a great fit with the S17's and the same is true with the RS. The only difference I noticed on the ice is I have a greater range of motion with the RS skates.

Posted in this topic earlier on about swapping from RS to APX skates. Swapped and I'm back in the RS' they sure are a comfortable skate maybe not the stiffest but wow what a difference my feet are back to life. So if anybody wants some 10.5 EE APX skates I'll be selling them on ebay haha.

quick question for you guys in here on my RS skates. I bought TUUK ls2's 296 for a 10.5EE should be correct I assumed but the Razor's on them were 288's. the 296's look wrong at the back theres about a 3/16" gap between the holder and the skate. Bad install? Had them done at HM. Or is it the sizing issue? Would appreciate any response thanks boys

They feel weird I got them done at HM now I'm sending them to be fixed by noicing. Going to white ls2s aswell I thought the black was sick at first to but back to white guess I'm still old school.

I have been using the RS skates for the last 2 months and I love them. Was planning on apx skates, but trying these on won me over, no comparison on comfort. Time will tell the story - but so far not one complaint.

You can go one size up with the holder to have a longer steel, if the job's done properly it's no problem at all.

fusion steel -> bad choice

Ever since I've had mine bent, I've checked all my teamate's fusion runners (we are 5) -> all bent (initially I thought the holder was the pb, bad batch or something)

The job wasn't done properly. Lol. The fusion steel is off my APX skates been swapping back and forth rotating the sharp set. Ordered basic LS2 steel for my new holders and went to 288's this time the 296's didn't make much of a difference that I could notice anyways.

Anyone know if the size of these skates runs like other easton's (smaller than other manufacturers) because in the S17 i'm a 9.5, but in Bauer i'm a true to size 9. How does sizing work on these skates? If I'm a 10.5 shoe will I be a 9.5 or 9?

Thanks,

John

Really? I went back to true sizing for these guys

Agreed. S17 is nothing like the RS sizing. I am currently using rs 7d and s17 8r, s17 is slightly wider and slightly shorter than the rs, but take into consideration that the rs is less broken in also.

You're right icewalker, I'm an 8 in Bauer, CCM and Reebok, 8.5 in my current S15s, 8 in the RS and back up to 8.5 in the S17s. The toecap is what threw me off I think as I thought I was a 9 in the S17s at first haha.

Did the holder size change between your S15/17 and RS? Because if the "toecap threw you off" it meant that your S15/17 didn't fit you optimally and you went to a bigger size to compensate for it; hence why I said "Maybe they fit you better."

Didn't check. I could check tomorrow to clear things up, what would I be deducing from the sizes? Hopefully icewalker can tell us.

FWIW, I have a stock 272 on my 8.5 S15s.

To see if the sizing changed, you'd need to find out what size the holder changes at in both boots. In your case, if both the RS and S17 start at 280 at a size 9, then it hasn't changed.

Think about it this way; manufacturers rarely change sizing. You'd have to order new Brannocks, state that in the catalogue, inform employees...

Easton went to the 'usual' 1.5 down from shoe to skate sizing with their eq5/eq50/rs, it is also when they went with d/ee instead of r/w and .5/1 down for the se16/s17 (and maybe other older s line skates like the s15, but i have not owned that skate so i cannot speak for it).

I have tried the eq5/eq50/rs, i fit just fine in them in 7d, but i am cramped and uncomfortable in a 7.5r s17 and se16.

Id have to double check since i never bother with holder size, but i believe they are 272.

Not sure how valid this thread is anymore since everyone is getting excited for the Mako. But with the price drop of the Easton RS there are some people who might still be interested in them.

I was needing a new pair of skates as the Bauer X:4.0 I purchased were causing pain in my forefoot. I went from Supreme's to the Vapor skate to find a better heal lock. Unfortunately, with that came a more narrow forefoot area and they seemed slightly shorter even though both skates were a 6D. I was getting imense pain in the ball of both feet by the 3rd period. At times it was hard to walk into the locker-room at the end of the game.

Saw a really good deal through a MSH member on the Easton RS. After doing a quick mad dash of research, and talking to my LHS, I decided to pull the trigger. I don't normally like harassing my LHS when I'm not going to buy from them, but I needed the help and the owner is a very awesome guy. He knows I try to buy everything through him when I can and I pay him for any baking/punching on skates that I didn't buy through him. (He tries to offer it for free, but I don't feel right accepting if I don't buy the skates from him directly.)

The skates had been baked once per the seller and only used 4-5 times. Upon putting them on they seemed to fit great right away. Was getting just very very minor heal lift but it still felt way more locked down and comfortable than in the Bauers. Since they come with the "custom arch support" system I was trying to figure out which one to use. I have been using Superfeet, but will go with the stock footbed as it ultimately fits my arch better. I used the medium arch support and went off to play a rec league game. Definitely will go to the low arch support as I felt some cramping/pain in the arch area. I think the medium is to much arch support?

For the first game in the skates they performed great. My straight line skating had a noticeable increase in speed and with the lower cuff felt like I was getting a stronger knee bend. Cornering felt nice but it will take a few more games to get used to the pitch/holder of the Easton RS. I didn't really notice I was over my toes more or less than the Bauers, but it just felt....different. So I'm sure more games in the skates will solve that.

So initial 1-game thoughts are that the skates are very comfortable for me. They are a 6D and length is about as perfect as I could ask for. I've never had custom skates so I'm judging fit based off retail models. Noticed a much better push and energy transfer in these skates over the Vapor X:4.0 which I expected to happen going from mid to high level skates. One thing that amazed me is the overall comfort of the skates. I will most likely bake them one more time to see if I can get the heal pocket to form a little better for me and then that would the last thing to do with the skates. The forefoot section fits great and feels snug without being too tight. The lower cuff wasn't an issue as I had started skipping the top lace on the Bauers so the transition didn't take much more than warm-ups and one shift to get used too. They are definitely a softer boot, but since I only weight 155-160lbs that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Since the other Stealth models are out, I'd be curious if anyone has tried any of them like the 85S? Someone on page 1 said the RS has a slightly narrower fit than than an EQ 50, was wondering if that holds true for the other models?