Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sammyg_16

Pro players that use two piece sticks

I just wanted to see how many players (other than chara and kovy) use two piece sticks and maybe if its possible why they prefer them over OPS

To my knowledge, Brad Boyes has used Mission and Bauer shaft/blade setups for a while now and continues to.

6113930.jpg

Brendan_Morrison_faceoff_2010-01.jpg

Brendan Morrison did while he was here with the Caps. I remember at their equipment sale they were selling bundles of his blades for 35 bucks.

As for why like said above personal preference but I know a lot of people who do this do it so they can use a wooden blade for better puck feel while still retaining the kick and flex profile of a modern shaft.

You might be surprised at how many guys use two piece sticks because they used them earlier in their career and putting a stick together is a big part of their pregame routine.

Chris Higgins

143476183.jpg

there was a ridiculous amount of higgins 2pc at the canucks equip sale, im guessing most of them were shipped to the hastings team store

I don't know any nhl players who do but I use 2 pc setup and have since I started playing. My reason for it is feel of the puck and weight in the stick. but that's just me I'm sure everyone has different reasons.

Are we counting fused OPS, because really they should be counted too IMO

I don't it's not really "easy" to interchange blades with fused OPS

there was a ridiculous amount of higgins 2pc at the canucks equip sale, im guessing most of them were shipped to the hastings team store

Higgins' shafts have VAP XX stamped on them. Safe to assume they are Vapor XXs? He's had the stick in X:60 and APX graphics.