Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjpisat

Reebok socks

Got a pair of the edge socks. First off after one time out I got a hole in them. That the norm ?

No Velcro in the back? I guess there is no way of securing them in the back?

There is no velcro in the back because the velcro on the front isn't for hockey jocks.

The socks are part of the EDGE uniform system; which includes jersey, pants (with tabs for the socks) and socks.

My wife, who plays as well, got the sewing machine out and put additional velcro tabs on the back.

She can now attach them to the pants both front and rear (the core compression pants that is).

I mean how do the NHL players do it who don't wear reebok pants

youd be surprised how many pros wear garter belts and pro edge socks are much different that retail too

Pro EDGE socks don't have velcro at all.

They all wear garters, which is the best way to wear these socks. Bauer makes a very good garter belt - all one piece (no losing the plastic pieces)

I wear a pair of retail Edge socks and yes, they can get holes and other wear marks rather easily. I noticed a small hole at the side of the knee cap on one leg just a few times into wearing them, and just the other day I was pulling them over my shin guard and watched as the round knee cap wore a long line right into the sock that will probably soon become a tear. After six months of wearing them 1-3 times a week, they've held together overall, but one or two small holes and plenty of wear areas that will become holes at some point. For the price they're sold at, can't say I'm overly impressed with their durability, though I do love the lightness and breath-ability vs traditional socks.

I also use a garter belt to hold mine up. Always have used one, and after trying to use the built in velcro just kept on with the garter. Minor extra effort for a much better fit.

I was also surprised when I found my RBK's to have only front velcro, but I just stuck them on my hockey jock/short and it's been fine. You don't need them velcro'd in back. I friggin' love these socks. So light and breathable, feels like wearing nothing. Recently our beer-league captain bought us new unis, which included non-RBK cotton socks. It felt like my legs were in a sauna during the game. Suffice to say that the RBK-wearing guys on the team were all back in their RBK's for the next game.

Re rips or tears, I've had none yet in the six months I've had them. And this after sustaining many pucks and slashes during that time.

I've worn both retail and pro-stock versions and I much prefer the pro-stocks as they are thicker and more durable. I've never had an issue with either set when using a velcro jock, so it's doable.

I've never used the velcro in the back even when I wore knit socks.

I agree no issues with the socks staying up with only the front velcro when using a jock with tabs. I think with my Franchise shin pads they would stay up anyway.

I've been using them for almost a year now with a few holes near the bottom but they are holding up well. If I play on the orange team in our corporate league this wear I'm going to get a set of Philly colorway socks to wear.

I have a pair of white retails that are looking pretty rough. White was probably a bad idea. The Bruins thirds that I have are still in pretty good shape, no holes or rips. The one tab holds them up pretty well, but I'm thinking of going back to a garter (haven't worn one in 10 years) and using pro socks.

My son prefers them without velcro in the back. I don't like the breezy feeling though that you sometimes get back there if they "gap". Used to use the Easton ones (come with velcro front and back) until I could no longer get them at my LHS. So I started adding velcro on the back of the RBK ones. Just another use for the great hockey repair tool known as the "Speedy Stitcher"! (I don't own or know how to use a sewing machine)

I use the velcro in the front and the back actually sticks a bit to the velcro on my jock. Then I just use one loop of tape around my thigh (not too tight mind you) right over where the velcro is on both sides. I do the tape because I like a more secure feel. It does not restrict mobility at all.

Oh... yes they rip....

The Edge socks do get small cuts and wear holes. Mine have multiple after a year or 2 of playing twice a week. The big difference between them and a knit sock is that a small cut or hole won't run and grow and become a large hole after a short period of time. I've had cuts for well over a year old that heven't really grown at all, wear holes in the knee have grown very slowly. The other thing that's nice about Edge style socks is that if you jump on it early a small hole or cut can be stitched back together or repaired with fabric glue.

Figure I'd ask here before starting a new topic, but anyone by chance know where to find a pair of retail Tampa edge socks, intermediate size, in their old home black from before their uniform change this last season?

Looked at most of the online retailers and eBay to know success, maybe someone's local proshop still has some sitting around? Hoping to get my hands on a pair.

Thanks!

Figure I'd ask here before starting a new topic, but anyone by chance know where to find a pair of retail Tampa edge socks, intermediate size, in their old home black from before their uniform change this last season?

Looked at most of the online retailers and eBay to know success, maybe someone's local proshop still has some sitting around? Hoping to get my hands on a pair.

Thanks!

Just sent you a PM regarding the socks.

Pro EDGE socks don't have velcro at all.

They all wear garters, which is the best way to wear these socks. Bauer makes a very good garter belt - all one piece (no losing the plastic pieces)

hey JR, any name/model specifically for this garter belt. Even though I'm sure my LHS will know what I'm talking about if I just repeat what you said above. thanks in advance

hey JR, any name/model specifically for this garter belt. Even though I'm sure my LHS will know what I'm talking about if I just repeat what you said above. thanks in advance

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=BGAB

The Clips are what makes these so nice, rugged plastic and one piece with nothing to lose. Very similar to the clips on the European only Jofa/Reebok jock/garter combos. Bought one of these Bauer garters just to harvest the clips as spares.

The RBK retail socks are so long that mine actually come up so far that the velcro is above the velcro spot on my jock shorts. Doesn't matter, the inside of the sock sticks to the velcro just fine, front and back.

I may go to a garter though. I find by the end of the game the socks have pulled down my jock shorts just slightly, putting the jock out of "alignment". So I may jus opt for compression shorts, and external jock and garter, now that I think about it.

http://www.icewareho...html?pcode=BGAB

The Clips are what makes these so nice, rugged plastic and one piece with nothing to lose. Very similar to the clips on the European only Jofa/Reebok jock/garter combos. Bought one of these Bauer garters just to harvest the clips as spares.

I tried this belt, and I actually fell once and had the edge of one of the clips where there is a plastic seam cut into my leg. That sucked. Went back to jock shorts after that.

Ive worn Philly pro edges, and Belfast giants ustom made ones from rbk, both have heaps of holes in them, and I was playing rec once a week, Ive sewn them nearly after every session. I recently picked up a pair of tron socks in the edge style, feel a lot tougher, breath just as well as the rbk ones and for me they fit slightly tighter which I prefer as it stops my shin pads moving about with minimal tape

Plus tron do them in nearly every team style, only real noticeable difference between rbk and tron are the sewn in logos around knee level, I'd recommend them over rbk if I'm honest