Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert Stick Lineup

Why would you have the whip of the blade aid the shot? Thats where the shaft comes in...

I have no idea. I have never thought that a blade could be too stiff so that is why I am asking the question. I guess the guy just shoots a little funny then.

Everyone shoots differently, but I've never heard of someone using the 'whip' of the blade to shoot. Normally people want a relatively stiff blade so that their shot remains consistent and true.

Why?

It fits his shooting motion and his preferences. With all other factors the same, more whip in the blade will theoretically give you more velocity.

I remember reading Brett Hull was the same. (soft blade as well as whippy shaft)

i have a Hull true 1 from innovative 65ish flex shaft and a butter knife for a blade it is quite different to shoot with

Should have bought more. :laugh: Just kidding.

We'll keep it on the customizer and we're planning to keep pushing the envelope with new patterns for the future. This one just didn't stick.

As a side, and for the group. If you drive sales at your dealers, it will help drive re-orders for particular specs from us (flexes/grips/patterns) which will force us to keep them in the line.

Sad to hear the Gionta is going the way of the dodo.

I think you guys should offer the Kopitar in a lie 4 much like Bauer has the P92 lie 5. Whatever happened to the idea of having Warrior patterns available in different lies? Did you guys try that for a bit already? I definitely think the Kovalchuk pro and Kreps clones would be good options for future patterns as well. At least on the customizer.

they did that on the dolomite DD; you could get lie 4, 5, 6 draper and savards. it wasn't very popular so they scrapped it. you can still find some on line if you looked hard enough.

Hey Miseaujeu,

My order for a covert dt1 finally came in and the blade has a rough texture along the bottom of the whole blade. I'm not sure if this will affect the durability and cause the blade to split easy or not but I would like to double check before cutting the stick down and using it. Is this a manufacturer defect or am I just being picky?

Here's a couple of pictures of various spots, unfortunately the camera on my phone cannot pick up the details on the whole blade so I hope these are good enough to view.

DT1roughblade01.jpgDT1roughblade03.jpg

I like my covert a ot more then my ccm cl i had.The feel and pop is much better on the covert then on the cl.But the cl is a bit lighter.If this can help you.Oh and the other thing is the cl lasted me a long time and warrior is still up in the air atm so that is something you might wanna consider.

I actually have both as well.

DT1 became primary, I haven't touched my CL since I got the DT1 almost 2 months ago. Shot comes off a lot harder and I prefer the feel of the DT1, over any stick I've owned actually. That covers CL, Ai9, TotalONE, x60, s19 as my last sticks. DT1 is a great stick.

Hey Miseaujeu,

My order for a covert dt1 finally came in and the blade has a rough texture along the bottom of the whole blade. I'm not sure if this will affect the durability and cause the blade to split easy or not but I would like to double check before cutting the stick down and using it. Is this a manufacturer defect or am I just being picky?

Here's a couple of pictures of various spots, unfortunately the camera on my phone cannot pick up the details on the whole blade so I hope these are good enough to view.

Looks like a non-issue to me, it's hard to tell from a photo but that just seems to be slight imperfections in the clear coat, I doubt there's anything structurally wrong with the stick.

Seeing as the flex of Warrior sticks are measured at a 42", I assume that any stick longer than that length will have the same flex as the rating the stick comes with, even if cut? More specifically, I'm wondering about how cutting a stick would affect a Junior stick's flex, since it's original length is much closer to that of the 42" flex measure.

Looks like a non-issue to me, it's hard to tell from a photo but that just seems to be slight imperfections in the clear coat, I doubt there's anything structurally wrong with the stick.

I was thinking the same but just wanted to be sure as my Synergy SE had the same finish and it ended up splitting (although it had a rep for the blade splitting).

Seeing as the flex of Warrior sticks are measured at a 42", I assume that any stick longer than that length will have the same flex as the rating the stick comes with, even if cut? More specifically, I'm wondering about how cutting a stick would affect a Junior stick's flex, since it's original length is much closer to that of the 42" flex measure.

My dt1 is a 55 flex intermediate, cut down to 53" and it feels the same as my X:60 60 flex cut down to the 70 flex mark. This is just at home giving it a push but I can give you an update after tomorrows game to see if it feels different on in action.

Please do buddy, I'd appreciate any help on the subject. Trying to decide whether to get a 50 or 40 flex Jr stick (Yes I'm tiny... and lazy).

Hey,

I just got back from my game and I have to say that although it feels as stiff as my cut down x60, it plays softer especially when taking shots. When taking shots, it feels more like a 60-65 flex stick so it does retain a lot of its flex even after cutting down quite a bit (7 inches for me).

The release is much faster and kicks way harder than my x60 and it feels way better than my one95 in my opinion.

This stick has now become my #1 favourite stick and I'll be stocking up on them.

Hey,

I just got back from my game and I have to say that although it feels as stiff as my cut down x60, it plays softer especially when taking shots. When taking shots, it feels more like a 60-65 flex stick so it does retain a lot of its flex even after cutting down quite a bit (7 inches for me).

The release is much faster and kicks way harder than my x60 and it feels way better than my one95 in my opinion.

This stick has now become my #1 favourite stick and I'll be stocking up on them.

Xero117, can you elaborate a little on how the stick feels stiff but plays soft?