Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert Stick Lineup

So finally any further Details about DT1LT ?

I'll set up a new thread with JR for the new Covert ST/LT line by the end of the month. This product line releases Sept12.

In the past, I'd ask that these "spy shots" from our dealer be taken down, but I won't kid myself that everyone here can find them anyway...might as well control the message and let everyone drool for a couple weeks.

drool for a couple weeks.

Already ahead of ya!

plus a lot of those shots are on the warrior stick twitter so its not that out of the ordinary. I think the dt1lt may be the only piece of gear i have every waited for and am highly anticipating.

I'll set up a new thread with JR for the new Covert ST/LT line by the end of the month. This product line releases Sept12.

In the past, I'd ask that these "spy shots" from our dealer be taken down, but I won't kid myself that everyone here can find them anyway...might as well control the message and let everyone drool for a couple weeks.

Perfect example of companies understanding the implications of social media and instant information sharing. Instead of fighting the flow, you either go along with it, or try to divert it. Never thought of Warrior as old-school and this shows lol.

Is it Sept 12th yet? Or at least the end of the month so you can start the new thread?

As was written earlier, further details by end of month

Im considering going the custom route with Warrior.

1. The "widow" is really DT1 construction, right?

2. Is there any e28/kreps clones on the customizer?

3. Does anyone have any comparable for the "Slovak" curve?

4. Is the Dolomite the AX1 or still the dolomite?

Im considering going the custom route with Warrior.

1. The "widow" is really DT1 construction, right?

2. Is there any e28/kreps clones on the customizer?

3. Does anyone have any comparable for the "Slovak" curve?

4. Is the Dolomite the AX1 or still the dolomite?

1. Yes. Though it lists "widow" as the model, the construction is ALL DT1, with all the new features for durability and performance.

2. No. Not at this time. But we are hoping for an update in Oct/Nov.

3. Slovak is the Hossa Pro clone. Not sure if that helps you.

4. The Dolomite option is actually the current Dynasty AX2 construction.

1. Yes. Though it lists "widow" as the model, the construction is ALL DT1, with all the new features for durability and performance.

2. No. Not at this time. But we are hoping for an update in Oct/Nov.

3. Slovak is the Hossa Pro clone. Not sure if that helps you.

4. The Dolomite option is actually the current Dynasty AX2 construction.

Thank you so much. This is very helpful.

One last question. I've generally used a draper style curve but am interested in trying something with a bit more toe (like the kreps).

Between the Slovak, Versteeg, and Smyth which one would you suggest. (the Kremlin is a bit too open for me)

Thank you so much. This is very helpful.

One last question. I've generally used a draper style curve but am interested in trying something with a bit more toe (like the kreps).

Between the Slovak, Versteeg, and Smyth which one would you suggest. (the Kremlin is a bit too open for me)

Based on what I've seen, I would suggest the Versteeg. All three lies are going to be lower than the Draper/Kopitar curve according to the customizer though.

Considering a DT1 now that the $ is a bit lower.

I'm just a little guy, 5'8"~ 140lbs, and currently rotate (2) 65 Flex Intermediate CCM Crazy Strong sticks, Lecavalier(5.5 Lie) and Tavares(6 Lie), that I had to cut ~ 2" or so, so I'm assuming they are now ~ 70 flex or so(like the Tavares better- ever so slightly more open).

The sticks aren't bad, they are holding up well, but it seems I have to work rather hard to get a good wrister off with them....plus I'd like a pattern that is a bit more open, so I don't have to work as hard going upstairs.

I cannot practice as much as I would like(and should of course), so I'd like to at least help myself with a stick that will help do some of the work..

I also have a 55 DT5LT (Zetterberg), and the stick is just too heavy in comparison to the CS I have, so it's relegated to pond hockey...get's hardly any use these days.

I am considering getting a 55 Flex DT1, as it seems I am already having to work too hard with the CS sticks, that must be ~70 or so after cutting them.

All 3 sticks have very similar curves, I want something more open with a mid-toe curve, W28 looks good- can't find DT1 in that pattern, so I am considering the Kopitar(W03), with Chara next(W14), and lastly the Pavelski(W12)...can't find that Kremlim curves either ( is that W11?)

I take mostly wristers and snapshots(forward), the only slappers I really take are to get the puck around the boards....I want a stick that I can load and release quickly.

I have read pretty much this whole thread, and I am wondering how many guys have gone from a CS to a DT1, as I am still on the fence between a 55 or a 70.

I don't know why I venture into the Eqpt. forum.....every time I do it costs me $ !

Thanks Guys

Go with the 55 Flex. I am a bit smaller and lighter then you and play currently with a dolomite 55 flex cut down about 2". Even though i have problems with the curve/Lie its much easier to load the stick. In a game i dont have the time to put all my weight into a stiffer stick to bend it.

Like I stated above, I do have a DT5LT 55 right now, but it feels like a lead weight.
How different will the DT1 shoot/feel other than weight?

Edit: The Warrior catalogs from '13 and '14 list the lengths of the DT1 INT at 60", and the DT5LT INT at 55" respectively, I have to cut 3" off of my DT5LT to get to the height I want, which means that if I get the DT1 I will have to cut 8" off the end to get the length I want.

Now I believe that I've read on here that Warrior uses the lower 42" to determine flex(maybe I misunderstood), but when I slide my hand down 3" on the DT5LT that I own(uncut right now)and rearrange my hand spacing, it feels stiffer.

Wondering what the DT1 with 8" cut off would feel like if I start at 55 flex, cuz I think my CS sticks are 70 or so right now, and they feel a bit too stiff.

Thanks!

Go with the 55 Flex. I am a bit smaller and lighter then you and play currently with a dolomite 55 flex cut down about 2". Even though i have problems with the curve/Lie its much easier to load the stick. In a game i dont have the time to put all my weight into a stiffer stick to bend it.

Considering doing just that, but I'll have to cut 8" off the DT1 to get to the height I want.

Thanks

With my concern about DT1 flex after having to cut 8" off, I went to HM in Norwood Ma. to see if they had any...nope!

But they do have the DT1LT in the racks...and I was pleasantly surprised to see the sticker on it(the ST as well-same deal)...if you live in MA., and are considering a DT1LT, ya may wanna take a ride over while they still have stock.

If this is against the rules, I understand the deletion, and apologize in advance.

Miseaujeu posted this back in 2012. I was looking at similar patterns to the new Easton E36. I did alot of research and everyone said theres no blade that has the same lie, toe shape etc. as the Easton E36. Well I think I just found it. I think this is very close to the Easton E36 pattern. People say a clone of a bauer p14 I say its close but this is noticably not as open and the shape of the toe is a tad different. I am wondering what you guys think of my observation here ..... Thanks

Chara Pattern Pics...
Very similar to a pattern P14 ph34r.png

Top Pattern view
charapattern_1.jpg

Side View
chara-pattern-side.jpg

Miseaujeu posted this back in 2012. I was looking at similar patterns to the new Easton E36. I did alot of research and everyone said theres no blade that has the same lie, toe shape etc. as the Easton E36. Well I think I just found it. I think this is very close to the Easton E36 pattern. People say a clone of a bauer p14 I say its close but this is noticably not as open and the shape of the toe is a tad different. I am wondering what you guys think of my observation here ..... Thanks

The E36 is more similar to the W88 or P88 than the P14.

It is down for a long time now. They are only doing custom gloves and bags currently. When/if they will do custom sticks again nobody knows

Howdy,

On 7/23/2012 at 9:50 AM, Miseaujeu said:

Hope this answers the "cutting=what flex" questions.

As I've stated in another thread, cutting a stick does not affect the measured flex reading. That means that when a stick is measured (to determine the flex at the factory) it is put on a machine that has a 42" span and the stick is then loaded and the flex measured with the machine. When a 63" Warrior stick is placed on the machine, with as much as 10" cut off the top, the reading on the machine is always the same.

th_Stick-Flex--Length.jpg

True, when a stick is cut, it doesn't feel the same. But there's no scientific way to measure the exact flex change feeling a player gets. How do you account for players' varying strength, hand position, shooting style etc...

Re: how Warrior measures stick flex, is this consistent across Intermediate and Senior lines?

For instance... If I'm comparing to a Warrior intermediate 70 flex stick, if I get a Warrior Senior 75 flex stick and cut it down to the same length as the intermediate, will it be 'slightly' stiffer than the intermediate stick in actual use or ??  Perhaps another way to ask the question is if the distance between the legs of the U used for measuring intermediate and senior sticks is the same?

I'm specifically interested in the QR1, if it matters.

Thanks!

Mark

Howdy,

Anyone know the answer to the question above?  We've got some Warrior reps here, right?

Mark