Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert Stick Lineup

For the past month, Warrior has been posting sneak peeks of their new Covert stick line, which is the latest revision to the Dagger Taper sticks; now that every stick has been unveiled, we will now have a thread dedicated to the stick line.

The catalogue is here; complete with all of the sticks in the lineup -

http://www.modsquadh...neup-catalogue/

Also, Keith Perera, who is the Stick Product Manager at Warrior (and posts under miseaujeu here) will be active in this thread, monitoring as well as answering any questions you all may have.

Warrior does it again, kudos to you guys!

- How does the HardcoreX (mmmhm) blade core differ from SoftCoreX and how does it differ from DLite?

- Is TwinSpar and UniSpar ribs in the blade?

- Carbonized blade on the DT5? What's that?

- I noticed that the DT1,3,4 and 5 are all using True1 construction while the DT2 has a high fuse construction, is this similar to what you did with the Widow vs Diablo in that both are top-end sticks with different constructions?

- Any pictures of this W14 Chara?

Awsome.

Will the DT1 be put on the customizer in due time? Don't see the W10 as an option as an off the rack option.

If not, any plans to add more curve options down the line? Or do I have to go with the DT2?

Are there any plans to release anything besides the DT1 in a 75 flex clear in the future? Looks to be the only option for a non-grip in that flex in the Covert line according to the catalog.

Warrior does it again, kudos to you guys!

- How does the HardcoreX (mmmhm) blade core differ from SoftCoreX and how does it differ from DLite?

- Is TwinSpar and UniSpar ribs in the blade?

- Carbonized blade on the DT5? What's that?

- I noticed that the DT1,3,4 and 5 are all using True1 construction while the DT2 has a high fuse construction, is this similar to what you did with the Widow vs Diablo in that both are top-end sticks with different constructions?

- Any pictures of this W14 Chara?

Thanks! This is probably the most tested, most engineered, feature-rich at respective price-point, release we've ever put together.

HardcoreX is a more solid core that is lighter and more responsive over time(less blade fatigue/failure). It has 60% higher compression resistance and 40% greater tensile strength, all in a lighter package than it's predecessor in the Widow/Diablo. It also gives the player a very nice solid puck feel. We've been testing it in NHL for the entire 11-12 season.

TwinSpar and UniSpar spars are structures built with carbon that help add strength and structure to the blade. Bend strength is improved by 40% than in a blade without TwinSpar. Also been in the NHL for the entire 11-12 season.

Carbonized is on the DT1 and DT2 only (SR-INT) It is an extra layer of carbon-plated glass fibers on the front and back faces of the blade. helps with puck impact durability.

HiFused give the stronger player an option to take full advantage of Dagger Taper's super-quick release, but with a little more twist resistance. Very stable on slap shots from very strong players.

Awsome.

Will the DT1 be put on the customizer in due time? Don't see the W10 as an option as an off the rack option.

If not, any plans to add more curve options down the line? Or do I have to go with the DT2?

Customizer down the road.

This is the offering for the Covert line for Fall '12 and 2013.

Are there any plans to release anything besides the DT1 in a 75 flex clear in the future? Looks to be the only option for a non-grip in that flex in the Covert line according to the catalog.

No, 75clear DT1 only.

Quick note about offering and product mix:

We did a ton of research on our current sales and trending to determine a tighter offering for flex and patterns. If there are some missing offerings, it is due to weak sales globally. We wanted to make it the best possible offering that maximizes our dealers' buying power and makes more sense for our stock burdens. Hoping that it leads to sticks that sell frequently, more likely in stock. At the end of the day, our customizer helps keep our legacy patterns inline as well as in any finish you want.

What kind of curve the W14 Chara pattern be?

P14 clone

No, 75clear DT1 only.

We did a ton of research on our current sales and trending to determine a tighter offering for flex and patterns. If there are some missing offerings, it is due to weak sales globally. We wanted to make it the best possible offering that maximizes our dealers' buying power and makes more sense for our stock burdens. Hoping that it leads to sticks that sell frequently, more likely in stock. At the end of the day, our customizer helps keep our legacy patterns inline as well as in any finish you want.

Fair enough. I didn't realize grip was so popular at the lower price points.

Does that mean you are going to phase out the W10 Gionta due to bad sales sooner or later?

All I ask is that the blades last longer than the month or so I got out of previous Dolomite / Widow sticks. If they do this they will be a great stick otherwise all they are good for is hanging a flag from after the blade breaks.

All I ask is that the blades last longer than the month or so I got out of previous Dolomite / Widow sticks. If they do this they will be a great stick otherwise all they are good for is hanging a flag from after the blade breaks.

from the sounds of it, most of the new updates are to strengthen the blade. i dont imagine durability being and issue this time around.

Damn, the DT3 is definitely a stick i'd buy, hope it's avaliable at the local sports shop, since they and Warrior, are new sponsors of the local pro team.

Like the 55 flex option and w08(kovy) is replaced with w88(zette)!

Do you have any shaft measurements of the intermediate stick?

Is the price going to be similar to the evo or mojo?

This is great, will this affect the prices in a positive way? :smile:

Can only quote prices that are same in Canada and USA

Sr:

DT3 - $149

DT4 - $99

DT5 - $79

Great thanks...sorry if I missed. When is the release of this line?

I was all excited for a second until I remembered the the W12 pattern already existed and wasn't going to be the wished for Iggy clone.

I was all excited for a second until I remembered the the W12 pattern already existed and wasn't going to be the wished for Iggy clone.

+1

still waiting... :dry: