Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saber123316

Embarassing Hockey moments.

Division final, 3-on-3 OT, I'm pressuring the D and he loses the puck. I'm just above the slot with a clear path to the goalie and nobody on me. Make one move to my backhand, goalie is down and out...and just lose the puck.

Wasn't nerves. Wasn't anything I hadn't done 100 times before and undressed a goalie with. Just. Lost. It.

They scored a few minutes later.

On my team, I'm the guy who scores that goal every time. I missed it, and you could just feel my team deflate.

Has to be one of the worst feelings ever. Doesn't matter that the game really doesn't mean anything. All things relative, it still feels like you let a group of guys, as well as yourself down, not to mention being embarrassing as hell.

dude, where do i start? once in bantams, fell over the boards during a stoppage trying to change lines. as the whole rink laughed, i just stood up and took a bow. beer league is a once a week laugh. I've lined up on the wrong side before, fell getting on the ice, fallen getting off the ice, and done the whole " pick a spot and aim" thing only to find the puck three feet behind me. biggest thing is LAUGH at your self and have fun.

I have a few but I'd say the worst were the university hockey team tryouts, I hadn't touched the ice for months, I had to go on the ice for a line change, my shin guard got stuck up on the board, fell down head first, god it must have been bad..

I have a few but I'd say the worst were the university hockey team tryouts, I hadn't touched the ice for months, I had to go on the ice for a line change, my shin guard got stuck up on the board, fell down head first, god it must have been bad..

make the cut?

make the cut?

nope experience helps a little, especially in montreal, and since I only played 2 years... xD it was fun though.

Made it out onto the ice for warmup, about halfway around the rink a guy on the other team asked me if forgot to leave something in the locker room... the strap of my regular bra had caught onto one of the suspender buttons on the back of my pants and my teammates somehow didn't bother to mention it to me.

I was getting off the ice after a game & was carrying my sticks & water bottles. As I was going through the door my sticks slipped and went horizontal. I basically close-lined myself & fell to the ice. Both teams that were playing next got a pretty good laugh.

Wife tossed my knit socks into the laundry with a load of white towels. Socks went into the washer black.. they came out looking like a black and white cheetah.

While everyone in the locker room was impressed she does laundry for me, it didn't stop them giving me crap about my custom decor. Six months later I'm still picking white fuzz out of the things.

My kid worked at our rink. We finally get to play on the same team together. I step on the ice for warm ups and my skates are slipping everywhere. I go to take a warm up slap shot and fall flat on my back looking at the lights. Great, new team must think I really suck. When I check my skates there is NO edge, pretty much flat. As a joke he just cross grinder them. The guys thought it was funny. The pro shop guy fixed them for me right away, while laughing. I missed a few shifts but it was a good practical joke.

Sounds like an injury risk, if you can fall flat on your back. Every time I've done that, I've cracked my head sharply, but fortunately have avoided concussion.

One of my least favorite hockey memories: I was about 11 or 12, so this was close to 20 years ago.

We had either just started body checking the year before or THAT year, but I had always been a bit of a hot-head and quick to temper. That being said, I was no goon or bully or anything, but if someone hit me I'd get kind of pissed off.

It was one of the last games of the season before playoffs and maybe 5 mins into the first period. A kid absolutely nailed me against the boards and I totally lost it. The play went into their end and I saw this kid going for the puck along the side boards and I followed him and gave him one right back.

The problem is that it was a hitting from behind penalty.

The kid was totally fine, but I had coaches, parents and the refs all screaming at me as I was lead to the gate. My dad was really angry with me for losing my cool and I was so embarassed about it that I didn't play for the rest of the season. I missed the playoffs and everything. I stopped playing hockey after that to pursue other interests and have regretted that decision ever since.

I started playing again 2 years ago and feel like I'm back where I belong. I just wonder how much skill I would have had if I didn't give up back then.

Anyway the whole situation was embarassing as hell for a) losing my sh..t and potentially really hurting someone b) having a TON of grown-ups booing and yelling at me for my mistake and c) quitting.

A more recent embarassing moment occured while on a break away right after I stripped the puck off a Defensemen. I had nobody around me and I was charging into the offensive zone when the puck just slipped right off my stick blade, into my feet and out behind me. I went in offside LOL.

There was a lot of snow on the ice, so that's the excuse I'm sticking with.

Saturday night after reading this thread, I took a head-first digger hopping the boards when someone opened the door on me during a line change. Two shifts later, I almost busted ass when I caught my skate while slide stopping in front of the bench. Thanks for the jinx!

I was on a breakaway with too much time to think. When I finally shot, I fanned on the puck, caught an edge and superman'd passed the goal line into the boards.

It was one of the last games of the season before playoffs and maybe 5 mins into the first period. A kid absolutely nailed me against the boards and I totally lost it. The play went into their end and I saw this kid going for the puck along the side boards and I followed him and gave him one right back.

The problem is that it was a hitting from behind penalty.

The kid was totally fine, but I had coaches, parents and the refs all screaming at me as I was lead to the gate. My dad was really angry with me for losing my cool and I was so embarassed about it that I didn't play for the rest of the season. I missed the playoffs and everything. I stopped playing hockey after that to pursue other interests and have regretted that decision ever since.

Anyway the whole situation was embarassing as hell for a) losing my sh..t and potentially really hurting someone b) having a TON of grown-ups booing and yelling at me for my mistake and c) quitting.

I'm not sure it was embarassement per-say. It is sad that you quit the game because of that event. Retaliation is completely human, look at nhl players and how legal hitters are being retaliated at (so many examples

)

I think it's a shame your father didn't support you, emotion management is definitely a learning process imo. Oh well you can't go back in time, just get on the ice and play!

Probably my junior year in high school I was heading deep on a forecheck against the goalie trying to play the puck. I put pressure on him and cause him to balk on his attempt to clear it, and he puts it right on my stick. He's flopping on the ice trying to get back in front of the net as I casually pull it to my backhand almost laughing myself, until I backhand it straight to the rafters from the top of the crease.....

I still have no idea how I pulled that off, I've actually tried to do it again and it's never worked.

First year, first game high school hockey I was on the forecheck, the puck left the zone, I went to make a sharp turn left, hit a rutt, went completely airborne and separated my shoulder.

i have never had anything other then the times the blue or red line jumps up and trips me.

+1

I was trying to get a loose puck off the boards when suddenly the blade of my stick got stuck in a crack in the boards. I managed to spear and catapult myself a good 3-4 feet into the air.

I was called to help one of my friend to show some pee-wee kids how to do a slap shot properly. The only thing is that I forgot my stick at my house, one hour drive from the rink, so I went to the store and buy a new stick, but the curve pattern wasn't really the same that the one I use. So the practice begins, then come the time I do my slap shot clinic. First thing I said was : Slap shot is only good if they are at the ice level, you guy aren't Sheldon Souray (he was playing for the Montréal Canadiens back then). So I show the techniques and go for an exemple, took 2-3 steps, swings and felt face first because there was a crack in the ice. I got back up, took the 2-3 steps again and swing the highest slap shot man saw in the history. Kids were laughing a lot and told me I wasn't Sheldon Souray either.

And by the way, I play often on ice that have been used for figure skating, so cracks aren't rare. Playing defensemen with those cracks all around is really hard for the ego.

Pretty much everytime I am on the ice. For instance yesterday morning playing stick and puck went to stop and put in reverse real fast to get back on D. Somehow I manage to catch the back edge of my outside skate in the ice and down I went taking myself completely out of the play slid on my back rotating like a wheel just laid there for a few seconds and laughed at myself.

prolly back when i was about 16. Lose puck infront of our net. Tryed to shoot it into our corner just to get rid of some of the pressure and somehow managed to shoot it into my own net.

About 5 years ago, at game one of a 3 game series for the Men's League Championship, I had a few friends come to the game so we could hang out afterwards. During the pregame warmups, I was gaining a head of steam behind our net and I just slipped out. There were puddles still from the zam, but I had no chance. I just had to laugh it off while listening to my buddies crack up at my expense. Meanwhile, two of them have never stepped on the ice, I'm guessing they don't want to get hurt?

prolly back when i was about 16. Lose puck infront of our net. Tryed to shoot it into our corner just to get rid of some of the pressure and somehow managed to shoot it into my own net.

I"ve done that! more than once. :facepalm::huh: