Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

thehockeyshop says "The New" apx sticks arrived. whats new about these?

217693_507154959306569_630715023_n.jpg

Those are just the APX Limited Edition sticks.. Blacked out color scheme with a pearl white Bauer logo but no actual changes. Pretty sweet looking, we've got them up too.

Chase @ IW Hockey

I'd take that bet, and counter it with an S and ends with "ervice."

You guys have this illusion that these guys are getting thrown tons of cash, when in reality, a lot of the times, a player loses confidence in his product and/or his rep.

You guys have this illusion that these guys are getting thrown tons of cash, when in reality, a lot of the times, a player loses confidence in his product and/or his rep.

If I remember correctly, the equipment deals that most players receive are fairly low in comparison to other sports, say golf (only other sport that really has that amount of equipment out for public view.)

You see the same thing with musicians and their product endorsements. Typically they don't make any money unless they have a signature product on the market, usually a drumstick or cymbal, the big dogs get their gear for free, guys lower on the totem pole get a large discount from retail pricing. The biggest two examples are Neil Peart leaving Zildjian cymbals (after decades on the roster) for Sabian cymbals, and he was basically following his rep. The other is Vinnie Colaiuta switching drum and cymbal companies he'd been a longstanding artist of for different ones based on their product

Didn't Warrior not pay players to use their sticks all but a few years ago?

With all the particulars and customizing some players do with their gear, I'd imagine a good rep or good service is pretty damn important. These guys want their gear a certain way and when they need it, they need to trust rep and company to do that.

I also imagine players's trusted teammates gear choices and recommendations influence switches more than money. If your teammate and buddy is raving about his gear and his rep, and the player sees the rep hanging around and meets them it might get them to start trying new gear and switch. Nothing beats word of mouth recommendations from a trusted friend

With all the particulars and customizing some players do with their gear, I'd imagine a good rep or good service is pretty damn important. These guys want their gear a certain way and when they need it, they need to trust rep and company to do that. I also imagine players's trusted teammates gear choices and recommendations influence switches more than money. If your teammate and buddy is raving about his gear and his rep, and the player sees the rep hanging around and meets them it might get them to start trying new gear and switch. Nothing beats word of mouth recommendations from a trusted friend

I just don't see how a rep fails a player (other than a Duncan Keith type instance with his X:60 skates) especially when that player has his name on a stick and is a prime piece of the marketing approach, and also because the player used an Easton stick through most of juniors anyway and wore bauer skates regardless.

Didn't Warrior not pay players to use their sticks all but a few years ago?

It was due to Warrior's quicker turnaround time and they were able to get their product into the pro's hands faster, no?

If I remember correctly, the equipment deals that most players receive are fairly low in comparison to other sports, say golf (only other sport that really has that amount of equipment out for public view.)

Some Canucks players who have mostly used Bauer (ex. Bieksa, Edler) have been switching to Easton because of their relationship with their pro rep.

Anybody else notice a Sher-Wood Eclipse in the stick rack? :wacko:

I still have one of those sitting at home, Damphousse pattern I believe, I actually think it's quite similar to the p14.

For some it is about the money and others its about the service and what they are hearing in the room from others. For the most part it is that reps job to show his face as much as possible and some players might feel slighted if he see another brands rep more, A lot goes in to a decision and the only people that know that is Taylor and people that are close to him. What I am saying is every player is different in what they want from their equipment, their rep and for compensation and a good pro rep will find that out and either try and keep that player or turn him. Trust me if a guy is using a certain companies product he still knows all the other reps and those reps have most of his specs so when he says lets try it they can move quickly.

Yak_zps61a3ad0f.jpg

Anyone know what is going on with Yakupov's elbow pads? Seems they have a Reebok profile, but very...blue. Paint? Marker? Or a new product?

[PS photobucket is failing hard lately, I can't embed. Help?]

He just pulls his hockey top over the elbow pads. A few players on my team do this as well. I don’t know why.... It is funny that he is wearing now the yellow laces. I’ve seen this only on Russian players so far in the NHL so far.