Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

All the gear whores had a mini-stroke tonight watching the Kings..

OHTHEHUGEMANETTE_zps8c29a603.jpg

BUT THE PANTS DON'T MATCH!!1111!!!1111

It was pretty funny to watch them argue over it. THEY. DON'T MATCH. AHHHHHHH!

There's no guarantee that it's new technology, just a new paintjob right?

There will be something different between the new stick and the RS2, whether it is another rib in the blade or some tweak to the shaft but there will be something other than just a new paint job. I'm sure once Easton clears the modsquad brain trust we'll hear more about it.

As curious as we all are about this new stick, it will always be better to defer to the relationship that the mods and the manufacturers have in releasing info on new product. We all have to ability to go online and seek out whispers, but until concrete info is released, all we can do is speculate. We get more in depth insight into products than everyone else, so why not just wait for it to be released early and legitimately?

Crow holders I believe?!

I guess the "(insert player name here) is wearing APX2 skates" posts can start.

Clarkson out of all people is the first I've seen in them in the NHL. Those don't look like Tuuk holders?

hi-res-163478463_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=

I guess the "(insert player name here) is wearing APX2 skates" posts can start.

Clarkson out of all people is the first I've seen in them in the NHL. Those don't look like Tuuk holders?

hi-res-163478463_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=

lubomir visnovsky from the new york islanders has been wearing them for almost a month now. not a surprise no one noticed or cared since its the islanders but since im from long island (im a ranger fan) i notices a few weeks ago he was wearing the actual APX2 with a lightspeed 2 holder and blackedge runners. alota of players have been wearing the apx2 that looks like the apx paint job too.

There's been quite a handful of players rocking the APX2's for awhile. The reason why they never jumped out at you is because I don't believe (don't quote me) anyone has used the new Edge holder with them yet.

Brooks Laich has been skating with the APX2 with the new holder. I would imagine when he comes back he will be using the same skates.

lubomir visnovsky from the new york islanders has been wearing them for almost a month now. not a surprise no one noticed or cared since its the islanders but since im from long island (im a ranger fan) i notices a few weeks ago he was wearing the actual APX2 with a lightspeed 2 holder and blackedge runners. alota of players have been wearing the apx2 that looks like the apx paint job too.

If he wants to stick with Black Edge then he's not going to be able to use the new holder. This is the same for any skater wanting to stay with StepSteel

Was using E-Pro holders with them though.

mXoJsK7.jpg?1

vOThX24.jpg?1

As has been said a number of times, most teams are going to be slow to change over to a new holder. Not only do they have to stock the holders themselves, they have to stock different steel as well. It's additional material that they have to haul around.

Backstrom also wore the full setup tonight. During the lockout, WSH's EQM was hanging out in our Chat room a few times. I actually gave him the lowdown on the LS Edge - he hadn't gotten to see it yet as he wasn't interacting with reps at the time. He was really excited about it - liked the idea of being able to swap out steel instantly. So, it's gotta pass the EQM test first and foremost for it to gain traction.

Evander Kane was in the APX2 complete with LS Edge too last night.

(Is it too cynical to think it's odd we have all these sightings the night before the Mako skate goes on sale? :popcorn: )

Clarkson wearing the quick blades because he didnt like the LS Edge. Went quick blades because the blade comes out quicker and easier, and tool free every time. A bunch of guys just simply didn't like the LS edge, not really a team inventory issue.

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. There isn't enough LS Edge stock at the moment - confirmed to me last night by a trusted source - and I'd have to disagree with QuikBlade being easier. I played with both within 5 minutes of each other at the tradeshow in Vegas and I personally found QuikBlade to be cumbersome and uncomfortable - I had to turn the boot around to figure out which way was easier, and the release was so much stiffer that I had to do it with my thumb.

Why would Clarkson be concerned about removing the steel, anyway? The only reason these holders are going to catch on in the NHL is going to be due to equipment managers. The players will determine if feel is different from a traditional holder. If he had said that, I'd buy that argument. If he's using the premise that it's easier to replace, one may presume there's ulterior motive$ for him to be using it...

LS Edge doesn't need the tool either; I didn't even bother to use it the first few times - it's offered for safety reasons; for parents and kids who don't know how to handle steel.

There's simply not enough room on an NHL bench for a player to make the switch himself if he blows an edge during a game - when all he has to do is put one foot on the bench and let the EQM do it. If you see a rash of QuikBlades on the Devils and no LS Edge I might buy that argument. Just sounds like a weighted pitch on his part.

Of course Bauer is pushing the holder more than the boot - the boot's proven; this is a new concept for them.

Time will tell.

Clarkson wearing the quick blades because he didnt like the LS Edge. Went quick blades because the blade comes out quicker and easier, and tool free every time. A bunch of guys just simply didn't like the LS edge, not really a team inventory issue.

A bunch of guys? Who? The holder has been out for days and no other player on NJ has them.

A bunch of guys? Who? The holder has been out for days and no other player on NJ has them.

I liked it better when you did'nt have "Bauer Hockey" under your name, always made people arguing with you funnier.

Zach