Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tonguesOUT4life

What is Phil kessel using ?

I've been watching highlights and studying his snipes. He keeps the puck in front of him and steps into his shots.. I know he's been using Easton but is it a true s19 or is it something else dressed up? For that kind of technique is he using a low kick point or mid kick point ? I've noticed he's one of the few in the league who let off their shots like that . Is it a snap shot or wrist ? I can't decide ugh!

I've been watching highlights and studying his snipes. He keeps the puck in front of him and steps into his shots.. I know he's been using Easton but is it a true s19 or is it something else dressed up? For that kind of technique is he using a low kick point or mid kick point ? I've noticed he's one of the few in the league who let off their shots like that . Is it a snap shot or wrist ? I can't decide ugh!

PSHG grabbed a bunch of stuff from the Leafs sale, including Kessel's sticks, and list them as true s19s.

PSHG grabbed a bunch of stuff from the Leafs sale, including Kessel's sticks, and list them as true s19s.

yep, true s19 this season. i asked them if he was using a real s19 or a repaint

I picked one up off PSHG and it is indeed a true S19. It appears as though he bumped up his flex from ~75 to 85 though. Unless they sent him the wrong flex and that's why there are so many for sale... Haha

I picked one up off PSHG and it is indeed a true S19. It appears as though he bumped up his flex from ~75 to 85 though. Unless they sent him the wrong flex and that's why there are so many for sale... Haha

I wonder why pshg lists them as p92, when it not even close to a p92. I had one of his one95 and it looks just like the pic on pshg. Can you confirm that?

Unless he changed his curve. I might pick one up too but i dont really trust their descriptions.

I wonder why pshg lists them as p92, when it not even close to a p92. I had one of his one95 and it looks just like the pic on pshg. Can you confirm that?

Unless he changed his curve. I might pick one up too but i dont really trust their descriptions.

I think their goal is to list a curve that it's closest to. Looking at their picture it looks like his usual curve. Somewhere between a p106 and p92.

I understand your point. I have had both a Kessel stick and a p92 stick, both curves play very differently and and 'listing closest to' just does not cut it. Unless he changed for a p92 ofcourse.

I bought a few from PSHG. True S19's. A totalone of his I recieved from them has a custom "Tape" spiral on it, its just the grip but made to represent tape, pretty cool.

ya i though it had to be a true s19 since its already an outdated stick, no longer in production so no point in advertising it. nevertheless, one of the greatest sticks ever made

I bought a few from PSHG. True S19's. A totalone of his I recieved from them has a custom "Tape" spiral on it, its just the grip but made to represent tape, pretty cool.

that tape/grip is cool, i've been doing something similar with shin pad tape. I like and doesn't have too much grip or kill my palms like regular tape would. What's the sticker code on the back say on those S19s?

As for the non technical part of this discussion, is that considered a wrist or snap shot? Just curious since I'm new at this.

Snap. Not enough sweeping to merit a wrist shot. Take a peek at Sakic highlights to digest the differences. IMO, wrist shots are phasing out of the NHL, there's so little time available.

Kessel often doesn't drag the puck at all, but will just snap it off, makes for a very quick/fast release. It's a pretty pure snap shot IMO, definitely a different style than guy like Ovechkin or Semin, who tend to really drag the puck in and forward before snapping it. I'd say most guys do use at least a short drag, but Kessel is far from the only one who likes to snap it off with no drag at all (off the top of my head, Ryder and Gaborik shoot like this a lot too).