Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjpisat

supreme total one on clearance....which curve

Thinking about picking up one of these on clearance plus HG has 20% off. I already have an easton with Hall curve (close to Backstrom 92) and Reebok with Hedman curve (similar to P88/Kane)

The easton and reebok I have are listed as low-kick sticks so was thinking of trying something different with the Bauer. Thinking about the Richards or Toews in the Bauer. They look to be different enough than the Kane/Hedman.

I would stick with what you liked best out of the two you have. I usually use P92/Sakic clones and I wasn't a fan of the P14 even though they are suppose to be similar. I've also never been able to get used to heel curves so that would rule out the P106 for me as well.

I used P92 for a few years, but after testing P14 I liked it so much that I made the switch few months ago and haven't looked back for the following reasons:

P14 is a bit more closed curve so I'm not shooting over the net much anymore comparing to p92

P14 is more of a toe curve making stock handling and toe drags easier

P14 has less of a rocker making receiving passes easier as well

I'm by far not "the cool kid" so correct me where I'm wrong LOL

How is the Richards blade going to differ from the Reebok headman or Easton hall?

I haven't been able to see one in person and it's kind of hard to tell online

The P106 is closer to the Hall, but the curve starts closer to the heel and opens up a little bit more gradually.

Ive used the P92 curve forever and decided to try the P14. Personally, Im not a fan. I actually have the P14 in a total one that I only used twice if you want to buy it off me haha. Otherwise I was just going to warranty it, get a new one, and sell that.

Ive used the P92 curve forever and decided to try the P14. Personally, Im not a fan. I actually have the P14 in a total one that I only used twice if you want to buy it off me haha. Otherwise I was just going to warranty it, get a new one, and sell that.

How are you planning to warranty a stick just because you didn't like the curve?

I actually have the P14 in a total one that I only used twice if you want to buy it off me haha. Otherwise I was just going to warranty it, get a new one, and sell that.

Classy.

How are you planning to warranty a stick just because you didn't like the curve?

Snap it in half and say i broke it taking a shot. Then sell it for what i can and use that for a new one

I hate to break it to you but representatives from pretty much all of the gear manufacturers are members here and they would be none to pleased to read that last post of your's.

Not much difference between a PM9 and a P88. PM9 is a good all around generic curve (good for one timers) but I'm sure most will agree for wrist shots - the Kane curve gets you more power (likely due to the more pronounced curve). Now the Toews...I just got it - I'm not a scientist but just looking at the curve I'm sure my shots will be higher (slightly open face) and I gotta compensate for that, but I think the toe curve will really add some randomness to my shot, I think it might decieve the goalie more right as the puck comes off the toe on a wrist shot because of the late curve. Stay tuned... :popcorn:

I'm also thinking about grabbing a total one supreme. I'm comin from warrior dolomite draper curve. This time I want a curve that isnt as dramatically open as the draper as I have been shooting over the net a lot. You guys think the backstrom curve will help a little?

They're basically the same curve, except made my different brands. If you want to stick with Warrior sticks, look at the Kovalchuk or Zetterberg retail curves. If you want to move to Bauer sticks, take a look at the P88 (this is the curve Warrior cloned for the Zetterberg curve I mentioned.) I'm not saying those are the curves you want but they'd be my starting point given what you described.