Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sav25

Vanquish to....new skate?

Hey

So my Vanquish skates have nearly died, probably a mix of my weight (210b) and a lot of rough play. A good couple of years on them though - I've been really impressed and it's a shame there isnt a follow up model yet.

So I'm looking for new skates, but need to be careful as my weight may not work with certain skates. I was thinking either the Alkali CA9 or the new Missions.

Does anyone know if the Alkalis will hold up with my weight? Same goes for the Missions too.

Cheers,

Rich

Just as an fyi, revision is going to have cooperation with bauer, so you can forget about skates from revision, however, you can still convert an ice boot.

I personally think that if you're going to top of the line boots, stiffness won't be an issue, but I don't have a word in that, LTRs do.

Didn't know that about Revision, been out of the game for a while. Another small company swallowed up. Real shame as their customer service is/was second to none. CA9 is the option then I think, as they have them in stock near me too (very poor stock/offerings in the UK). Thanks for your reply

Sent from my 7 Trophy using Board Express

I weigh 20lb's less than you, my CA9's have been the best built skate I have used so far (except the wheels) and they have had a hell of a lot of use over the last 6 months (I'd say the equivalent of 2 - 3 years use for the train once, play twice a week player). They have also spent a great portion of that time in various stages of dampness (wet and cold winter) and have held their shape and structure really well. As to the wheels, the white addictions that came with them are not a good wheel (they chunked out on me inside of 3 weeks on a plastic tile surface) so you will need to go for orange addictions or the hardest rink rat splits.

For what it is worth I'm going to post a 6 month review of the boot soon.

Coll thanks a lot. Pretty much the only wheels hat have been reliable for me have been Revisions, and even then I go for the harder ones to be safe (Rink Rats chunked out and everything else doesn't give the same grip).

CA9s look like the way forward. They 'look' strong, and this kind of backs that up.

£400 over here though...pfft!

Sav25,

You won't be disappointed with the CA9 skates. We spent alot of money on the build quality of the boot, and I think you will be very happy if you decide to get them.

Revision is not getting swallowed up. Bauer is simply using RV wheels on their new 2013 Bauer skate. Take a look at that skate as it might be a perfect fit for you. Great fit and great wheels. Will hold your weight fine.

Does this mean that there will be a Vanquish 2 skate? I think like 6 months ago I saw some videos and some teaser adverts saying there would be, but it appears to have disappeared?

They are still a seperate company with their own product line (sticks, wheels etc.), but they have said that as long as they are working with Bauer there will not be a new Revision skate.

you might wanna try every skates out there first. make sure the width and volume are good.

quite hard to do considering he's in england