Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crosby66

Best all around curve

Just wondering some of your guys opinions on the best all around curve. Right now I am using a p88/iginla mid curve and like it but was wondering if switching to a heel curve would be beneficial to shoot higher. I like to pick corners, but don't want to sacrifice anything on the backhand.

There is no "best", it's only a matter of what you like. You should have no problems lifting the puck with a P88. The best solution is to practice, not change curves.

IMHO the hall/p92 curve is an all around, not saying it's the best all around, but I'd definitely give it a try if I were you,

However,

• It depends on your shot technique, if you want to pick corners, depending on the way you shoot, maybe the curve you have is the right one, maybe you need a Gionta or maybe you need a Getzlaf curve. Stickhandling, passing, lie, rocker are all variables to take into account ^^

• Many guys on here bought a few shafts and many different blades and changed them until they found something they really liked, I'm about to do the same, so you might consider that as well.

i wouldn't say there's no one best curve but that each curve lends itself to certain strengths. it is absolutely true that you can have a very well rounded game if you practiced enough with a specific curve and worked on all the little intricacies.

to answer your question, depends on the heel curve. a p91/drury curve i found my backhand was much harder than with a p88. the long flat blade helps you whip the puck backhand. a lidstrom curve or p106 curve wouldn't be any more advantageous if you asked me. the only other common heel curve is a pm9/modano curve but it's more of a mid-heel. backhands were really strong on those too. this is all specifically referring to shooting.

i know i'm gonna get some flack for this, but from a biomechanical point of view, this is what i believe.

I took a wood Sherwood Ryan curve and flattened it out and twisted the toe towards the ice (downwards). Best all around curve :wink:

(I actually really liked it)

For me, the best all-around curve is a Sakic. I always had trouble shooting high so one day I bought a Kremlin blade I found for cheap and it turns out that it was the only pattern I was able to hit corners with. But my passes were awful and I had no control on the backhand. The next blade I purchased was a Kopitar and I found that with a little practice, I could shoot just as high but my passes and backhand abilities no longer suffered.

Until Koho comes back and rereleases their Sundin or Stevens or Easton brings back the Thorntonelli, the P91A is still the best retail option for me.

Just wondering some of your guys opinions on the best all around curve. Right now I am using a p88/iginla mid curve and like it but was wondering if switching to a heel curve would be beneficial to shoot higher. I like to pick corners, but don't want to sacrifice anything on the backhand.

So if I read this statement correctly you already pick the corners with the P88 and have a good backhand. So....why are you changing?

I do not like to repeat, but as mentionned its 100% personal preference. I personally like p92 clones, especially the ccm version of it (164-1). It helped me in all aspect of my game compared to heel wedges, heel curves and toe curves.

Here is MY best all around curve:

2m5dwjk.jpg

Getzlaf/Lidstrom for sure. I have no problem lifting the puck with it and I love the square toe when picking up pucks in the corners. Not sure if it actually helps but I feel like it does.

Does anyone know what the lie is on the Kreps curve? I'm guessing 4.75-5.

There are a few variations floating around, but the most common version is the same as a Sakic (5.5)