Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

Don't agree that stiffer is better just as lightest is not always best. I've been on mine for 8 months now at least 4 times/week and there's no sign of them breaking down.

Don't agree that stiffer is better just as lightest is not always best. I've been on mine for 8 months now at least 4 times/week and there's no sign of them breaking down.

agreed been using mine since March and look nearly new. a guy last night commented, "look at those shiny new skates"; I had to laugh..

Looks like Easton cheapened up a great handmade skate. Very sad MLX is unavailable they are my favorite skates. In comparing the two in my opinion MLX are stiffer and better made as with all Easton skates they are comfy but break down the quickest. I have been skating on my MLX' since 2010 and the Mako's are drastically less stiff in the quarter package out of the box compared to my MLX. Hopefully, Easton changes the colors because I'm not likely to don an orange and silver skate that can be seen from the rafters. The simplicity of the asthetics was also a great aspect of the MLX.

I see it totally opposite. The MLX looked like it was made in a garage, heavy, no clean lines and ugly. The Mako is well made and looks good. I agree not eveyone likes orange, future models will no be the same for sure.

Yup that's why pros get extra soft and extra light skates when they check through there options. Remember I said in my opinion as you are entitled to yours. I love my MLX skates and think there are the best out there better then the Mako's. I love how on this forum you make a comment and some one who "thinks" they know more then you beats you like a red headed step-child with there's. I thought this was about education and helping people not a competition of who knows the most about hockey equipment.

Yup that's why pros get extra soft and extra light skates when they check through there options. Remember I said in my opinion as you are entitled to yours. I love my MLX skates and think there are the best out there better then the Mako's. I love how on this forum you make a comment and some one who "thinks" they know more then you beats you like a red headed step-child with there's. I thought this was about education and helping people not a competition of who knows the most about hockey equipment.

jimmy knows more than you, nananananana

But seriously, he stated his opinion, just like you. Take a breath, read it again and ease off the pedal in your whaambulance

It's always a competition man.

lol

I see it totally opposite. The MLX looked like it was made in a garage, heavy, no clean lines and ugly. The Mako is well made and looks good. I agree not eveyone likes orange, future models will no be the same for sure.

I think everyone in the industry that I have talked to has said pretty much the same thing in regards to the Mako and MLX skates. The Mako is simply a much more polished product.

Looks like Easton cheapened up a great handmade skate. Very sad MLX is unavailable they are my favorite skates. In comparing the two in my opinion MLX are stiffer and better made as with all Easton skates they are comfy but break down the quickest. I have been skating on my MLX' since 2010 and the Mako's are drastically less stiff in the quarter package out of the box compared to my MLX. Hopefully, Easton changes the colors because I'm not likely to don an orange and silver skate that can be seen from the rafters. The simplicity of the asthetics was also a great aspect of the MLX.

Do you own a pair of makos?

Can anyone give insight on ankle support (side to side). I'm a tall skater at about 215lbs and prefer good ankle support in my skates. I don't want to feel like i'm flopping over the sides..I prefer good ankle support due to skinny ankles. they look like they will reduce a lot of negative space in the area…any comments would be appreciated. I'm currently on bauer nexus. Also the last few comments mentioned mako 2 skates…did they just change color and address the mako bump issue. Any other changes..if skates are coming out in a few months for release…maybe ill wait for those…how bout a price reduction? Thanks for any and all help.

The Mako improved upon the MLX, they didn't make it an inferior skate. The Mako II will be more aesthetically pleasing, definitely.

I wore MLX for two years and made the switch to the Makos when they became available. The Mako is a superior skate in every way. Lighter, more comfortable with the liner materail, and the holder is awesome.

If you want to stick with the MLX way of thinking, go check out VH Footware.

Can anyone give insight on ankle support (side to side). I'm a tall skater at about 215lbs and prefer good ankle support in my skates. I don't want to feel like i'm flopping over the sides..I prefer good ankle support due to skinny ankles. they look like they will reduce a lot of negative space in the area…any comments would be appreciated. I'm currently on bauer nexus. Also the last few comments mentioned mako 2 skates…did they just change color and address the mako bump issue. Any other changes..if skates are coming out in a few months for release…maybe ill wait for those…how bout a price reduction? Thanks for any and all help.

There is plenty of lateral support in the Mako, I have you by a few pounds and have no issues with that at all. If you have thinner ankles (a problem I don't have) then it sounds like the Mako 2 will be a better option for you. They have changed the padding around the top of the ankle to address some of the issues people have had there.

Do you own a pair of makos?

Hi, was this message meant for me? --- I had asked this question a number of weeks ago "can purchase a pair of MLX skates, size 5". I think I go on to say I have an issue with over pronation and would have loved to have known that these were available when I purchased my top of the line Bauer skates when MLX skates were available. I just did not know they existed! I am very interested in the sideways moveable holders to help with my pronation issue.

But, to answer your question, no I don't have Makos, had the Bauer Vapor X60s when they were top of the line skates a couple of years ago, now I have the Bauer Vapor x90s. -- Alan

There is plenty of lateral support in the Mako, I have you by a few pounds and have no issues with that at all. If you have thinner ankles (a problem I don't have) then it sounds like the Mako 2 will be a better option for you. They have changed the padding around the top of the ankle to address some of the issues people have had there.

The Mako improved upon the MLX, they didn't make it an inferior skate. The Mako II will be more aesthetically pleasing, definitely.

I wore MLX for two years and made the switch to the Makos when they became available. The Mako is a superior skate in every way. Lighter, more comfortable with the liner materail, and the holder is awesome.

If you want to stick with the MLX way of thinking, go check out VH Footware.

Can anyone comment on when Mako 2 will release, without getting into trouble for leaking? I am guessing that you cannot give an exact date, but if I just knew a quarter (Winter 2013-2014; Spring 2014, etc.), then that might be helpful. I am going to the US for Winter Break (Dec 22-Jan 8 2014), was considering a pair of Makos, but may wish to wait for Mako 2 (or get Mako hen it goes on clearance), if I knew the estimated release date.

Edited by Cosmic

Hi, was this message meant for me? --- I had asked this question a number of weeks ago "can purchase a pair of MLX skates, size 5". I think I go on to say I have an issue with over pronation and would have loved to have known that these were available when I purchased my top of the line Bauer skates when MLX skates were available. I just did not know they existed! I am very interested in the sideways moveable holders to help with my pronation issue.

But, to answer your question, no I don't have Makos, had the Bauer Vapor X60s when they were top of the line skates a couple of years ago, now I have the Bauer Vapor x90s. -- Alan

Hey Alan, no this was meant for Hockeylife20, but I have seen a couple of mako skates on the bay and on craigslist, they are definitely worth it so I'm wishing you good luck there :)

Anyone have a timeframe for the Mako 2? Perhaps an indication by quarter (Q1 2014, Q2 2014, etc.) would be ok. Also can someone comment on the width of the Mako versus the APX D. I am looking into getting a pair but there are not retailers anywhere near me that carry the skates. Probably have to order a few different sizes and return the ones that aren't a proper fit.

Anyone use Superfeet in these skates? Or some sort of non-stock footbed?

I've been noticing my right skate has had some major issues of late. The foot seems to shift left (towards the inside edge) in the skate despite the fact that it shouldn't, causing me to pronate and thus pushing pressure on my arch and causing pain to radiate throughout my calves. They get better temporarily when I loosen and re-tie the skates, but the discomfort returns briefly. Calling it a "foot shift" isn't accurate as the Easton locks my feet in quite tight, so I have a feeling it's a misalignment issue.

I had gotten the holders swapped to LS2s when I got the skates. They were perfect expect that my right skate wobbled due to an apparently misaligned holder and runner. When the guy at my usual LHS fixed it for me, the wobbling stopped, but this "foot shift" issue began and is usually more evident when I wear shin guards over the skates compared to when I wear them under jeans at a public skate. Is it worth getting the skates re-aligned, and possibly re-baked?

I skated using an old pair of heat molded Superfeet in mine the other night without issues. However, I did go back to the Mako innersole the next skate as they just seem to work better for me in this skate.

I tried them once with superfeet (since they made night and day improvement in previous skates) and it just didn't feel very good. But hey, feel free to try. But maybe it would be a good idea to get them baked with them since the position of your heel is going to change slightly?

I figure it can't ever hurt to try. Well, it COULD hurt physically, I suppose... lol.

Edited by OptimusReim

Just got back from the LHS with a rebake with Superfeet in. Negligible volume difference, felt almost the same, except with better arch support for my pronating/supinating legs. Apparently the alignment is perfect so that wasn't the issue. Will hit the ice in a few days so I'll post any updates regarding superfeet in the Makos.

try VH skates if you don't lke the mako

I think everyone in the industry that I have talked to has said pretty much the same thing in regards to the Mako and MLX skates. The Mako is simply a much more polished product.

the mlx skate was sort of a generation 1 of the skate correct. Usually the next product in the life cycle is more polished.

has anyone done a comparison between the VH footware skate and the Mako? I know they are differrent but I have heard and read great things about both, I know a few guys that play college hockey and a few that play professional and are using both the VH and the mako. They told me they swamp between the VH and mako. A few used MLX and a few were in eastons before.

Edited by iceman8310

Mine have no issues except the side of the tongue wore away in one spot. Created a sore above my ankle none on the side. Have to wear a small gel pad on it so it doesn't irritate.