Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

There is no general fit for the MLX skate, that was the whole point. The idea behind them was to create a personalized fit for each person. Trying to put the skate on without heating them up first was like sticking your foot into a very small wood box filled with splinters. Heating them up turned them into comfy loafers that you could sink your feet into. For a lot of people though the skate didn't have enough volume or just wasn't wide enough. I lucked out by just switching the insoles and removing the heel lift on the insole I put in. Others... not so much.

I am also not the perfect person to ask for this. I don't try on a huge range of skates because I know what works for me and stick as close to it as I can. As I said, the fit is not comparable to anything. It's still a hockey skate, sure, but nothing else fits like it.

Every skate has a fit profile.

The MLX skate fit a specific foot type, just like every other skate out there. You can't increase/decrease volume, nor can you increase/decrease the skate sole width.

While the skate had very good heat-molding properties, let's not get it twisted.

I was trying to allude more towards the feel of that fit, rather than what the fit actual is because honestly I don't know what fit profile it has or was built in mind for. Thanks for explaining it further.

Mako sticks are more or less a continuation of the Synergy/EQ line, aren't they? I'd assume the same would be true with the skates, with the top of the line Mako skates being an evolution of the EQ50 skates, and thus offering a similar fit, though this is pure speculation on my part. At the very least you'd think that they wouldn't go with a Stealth style fit on these skates, since they already have a Stealth skate to fill that niche (the RS).

Early details about this skate seem good, though. I like the flexible tendon guard idea, as well as the idea of having a skate that is very heat moldable. I also really like the idea of the tongue extending into the toe cap, I know some people prefer a roomy toe cap, but I'm more of a "snug fit" guy when it comes to my toes. If this skate fits me it'll be a strong option for when my X:40s bite the dust (which hold my ankle great, and are the right depth for me, but are a little tight in the fore foot).

Edited by davidfinlay276

it looks to me like the fit would be more like the mlx skate (at least i hope), it looks narrow at the heel and a tight fit overall, but thats judging from the pics. I dont think the fit would be the same as the EQ line since that line was pretty much a failure in the sale aspect, at least here in Quebec.

Mako sticks are more or less a continuation of the Synergy/EQ line, aren't they? I'd assume the same would be true with the skates, with the top of the line Mako skates being an evolution of the EQ50 skates, and thus offering a similar fit, though this is pure speculation on my part. At the very least you'd think that they wouldn't go with a Stealth style fit on these skates, since they already have a Stealth skate to fill that niche (the RS).

Early details about this skate seem good, though. I like the flexible tendon guard idea, as well as the idea of having a skate that is very heat moldable. I also really like the idea of the tongue extending into the toe cap, I know some people prefer a roomy toe cap, but I'm more of a "snug fit" guy when it comes to my toes. If this skate fits me it'll be a strong option for when my X:40s bite the dust (which hold my ankle great, and are the right depth for me, but are a little tight in the fore foot).

They've changed the 'Stealth' fit with the RS as opposed to previous S15s and S17s. New definition. I find the RSs closer to Supreme than old Stealths.

Touche on both posts, as noted it was pure speculation on my part, just a guess. I feel like most brands try to keep the fit in a line somewhat consistent over time (even when they re-name the line), but I guess Easton is a bit different.

• Like 1

Curious to see if there will be a JR size available? I don't think there would be, but would love to try these out.

If anybody has that information, would be glad to know.

Will there be only one model of this, or will there be varying levels like most other skate models?

I think I'm going to have to give these a shot, for sure. As long as they aren't like my old Easton skates (that seemed to have razor blades in the toebox) :)

Curious to see if there will be a JR size available? I don't think there would be, but would love to try these out.

Sizing down to size 4, nothing smaller.

Will there be only one model of this, or will there be varying levels like most other skate models?

I think I'm going to have to give these a shot, for sure. As long as they aren't like my old Easton skates (that seemed to have razor blades in the toebox) :)

Only one model, prob will have others later, just like they are doing with the RS, lower models coming out next yr.

There is a pic of Cammalleri and Parise in the skates. I would have posted but dont know how. I hope we get a lot more info about the skates soon.

I saw a vid of Cammalleri at a bantam practice rocking the new Mako skates and Stick.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1267173--nhl-lockout-flames-mike-cammalleri-hits-ice-with-richmond-hill-bantam-team

I emailed Easton customer service and they are saying no junior sizing. However, I am not sure how small they will bring the sizing down to. If they come down to size 5 or so, I think that would cover the youngest group of kids that could take advantage of what a skate like this has to offer.

If only it wasn't orange.

I'm surprised, being Mako, that it wasn't a whole lot of white instead.

Looks easy enough to black out and I wouldn't be surprised if the pro models come in team colors.

If only it wasn't orange.

I'm surprised, being Mako, that it wasn't a whole lot of white instead.

Looks easy enough to black out and I wouldn't be surprised if the pro models come in team colors.