Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Champeen

Replacing Vapor Gloves...

Hey-

I'm needing to replace my X:30 gloves (which I recognize are lower end gloves to begin with) , but with my 3rd kid on the way in Feb., I really need to get the best deal I can so my wife doesn't lose it when they arrive. (LHS has very limited selection) Therefore, I need to widen my search to other models/brands just in case there's a great deal out there, but I really like the feel of the Vapor line. Can you guys recommend any other gloves that have a similar fit to Vapors?

If you liked the feel (i suppose is fit) of them, just stay on another Tapered glove.. I personally have CCM HG 4R that are cheap, holding fairly good and tapered, but maybe you might not like the 4Roll.

Anyway look for a tapered fit glove and you should be ok, just don't go too cheap or they won't last a lot!

I don't think the CCM 4Rs are tapered, they're wider.

See if you can find X:40s somewhere. Failing that, I believe many places have Warrior's Burn, Surge and Luxe gloves on sale. Same goes with Easton's EQ series. Might want to try Reebok's KFS lines as well.

I like the Vapor fit as well. You didn't really say what level you want to go to, but I agree with Aireye that you can find good prices on X:40s around, and also X:60s. PureHockey, for example, has pretty cool colors of both available on clearance. You'll be really lucky with the clearance racks if you're a 13 or 15. And I just bought my first pair of Surge gloves, seem to fit pretty similar.

I don't understand. You like the X:30, want new gloves, and want something comparable to the Vapor fit?

I just don't see it being likely you'll find something similar for any better price than a Vapor 3.0 @ $40. I mean, you might find a similar fit for about the same price, but you might as well just stick to what you know you like unless you're going to save a ton of dough.

The tapered TPS R8/10 is a ton of glove for short money.

Agreed, the price on them is fantastic for what you get. As are the Winwell pro stock model gloves. I've been wearing mine since last December and they're still in great shape.

For whatever it's worth, even the lower-level Winwell gloves seem to be a really good bang for your buck. I needed a back-up pair of gloves while my Eagles were being repaired, and ordered a 14" Winwell gx-6 pair from Giant for about $25 after discounts. So far, I have been really impressed -- the palms are solid: nash w/ an overlay, they are light, breathe well, and broke in easily. Is a pretty snug fit if you like that kind of thing. Overall, I expected a cheap, junky glove for that price, but have been pleasantly surprised.

Problem with TPS compared to Bauer is the finger length, Bauer has longer than average fingers...might want to keep that in mind.

Actually on every website they say they're tapered, I tried on Vapors and fit is very similar.. Anyway idk I'm quite new to tell it, I thought they were :)

I don't think the CCM 4Rs are tapered, they're wider.

I used to be a vapor guy, had the 10's XX, and XXX, switched to the Luxe (granted I got them custom) but I absolutly love them!