Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pbhockey4

NHL team incentives?

Anyone hear some good incentive teams are giving to their fans? I'm a devils fan and the PR department really does suck like the fan base lol. I heard the leafs are having their home opener free. Stars are having kids 12 and under some to the games all season long. Anyone hear some cool incentives teams are doing?

After all teams need fans to fill their arena

In Montreal, yesterday's intra-squad game was free to anyone wanting to get in. They weren't able to fill the place though. Around 17 000 people showed up. I believe they were also offering a free drink and hot dog or to every fan that showed up for the game. Management with a players also were standing by the doors when the doors opened to let the fans in.

As for the rest of the season, not sure what they are going to do. I heard that there would be "special" pricing on drinks and food or something to that effect but not entirely sure.

Panthers have a promotion where you can get season tickets for as low as $7 a game.

The Pens are doing it up. They had a free intra-squad scrimmage Wednesday and they filled the arena to capacity. For the first four home games of the regular season, three free concession items per person and 1/2 off all merchandise, and free promotional giveaways for the first fourteen games.

"The Pittsburgh Penguins will offer FREE selected concession items and “half off” all merchandise at the team’s first four games at CONSOL Energy Center.

Every fan attending each of those games will receive a voucher for three free concession items. Fans may choose from among hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, nachos, popcorn, pretzels, salads and fountain drinks.

All merchandise at “PensGear” stores will be half off for the first four games. The PensGear store in the main lobby of CONSOL Energy Center and PensGear at SouthSide Works will offer the half-off discount throughout the day on the first four home dates.

In addition, the Penguins will hold a week-long program of contests for fans to win exciting prizes leading up to the home opener. The contests will be held via social media and the team’s website. Prizes include:

• A pair of tickets to every home game during the 2013 regular season
  • A road trip for two to see the Penguins play the Rangers in New York City (airfare, accommodations, tickets)
  • Three autographed jerseys – one each from Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Marc-Andre Fleury
  • Four seats in the first row at the home opener, including dinner in the Lexus Club and limo service to and from the game
  • Two five-game mini-plans
  • Six lower bowl tickets to any regular season game
  • $700 of merchandise at PensGear

Training camp sessions at CONSOL Energy Center will be open to the public (free admission).

The Penguins will distribute promotional items at each of the first 15 home games. All fans attending the home opener will receive a gold “Great Day For Hockey” t-shirt.

The team will provide single-game ticket information as soon as the NHL schedule is released. Updates about fan initiatives will be announced in the coming days."

I heard the leafs are having their home opener free.

Almost.

As a thank you to their loyal fans and in celebration of the upcoming NHL season, the Toronto Maple Leafs announced a series of fan appreciation initiatives Thursday, which includes a free ticket for all Maple Leafs Season Seat Holders to Opening Night, Monday, January 21. The team will also giveaway 1,000 tickets through a variety of promotions leading up to the home opener, in addition to the more than 15,000 season seat holders receiving their tickets free of charge. The announcement was made following a free open practice at Air Canada Centre attended by thousands of Leafs Nation fans.

The Chicago Blackhawks Fan Salute will give away 1,000 autographed jerseys, 250 autographed pucks, 100 autographed sticks, 200-level tickets, postgame player meet-and-greet opportunities, a pre-game dinner with a team ambassador in the Stadium Club, glass seats and more.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=85880&navid=DL|CHI|home

There is some confusion on the Leafs free tickets. Their wording was bad.

They are giving away all the tickets, it's just the season ticket holders who already paid for them will get their money refunded making them free.

I guess they were handing them out randomly in Toronto.

My team's PR is a total joke not to mention the not so good fan base. I would move down by the Panthers arena for the $7 a game season ticket deal thats a good deal lol.

My team's PR is a total joke not to mention the not so good fan base. I would move down by the Panthers arena for the $7 a game season ticket deal thats a good deal lol.

Hell, I would probably go lower bowl if I was down there

Yeah the Kings are pretty lame. They are giving away $1M to charity in conjunction with McDonald's which is great and all except for the fact that they do that every other season and it has tax benefits for them. They gave away replica championship banners at the home opener which sounds awesome until we actually got them and they are super tiny and horrible quality mine broke before I even got home and it has a huge McDonald's logo on it that says I'm Lovin It. I think they are going to be giving away replica championship rings at another game, but based on the banners I'm afraid to see what they are like. Basically they just gave us a slap in the face based on what the other teams in the league seem to be doing...oh well.