Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Like Chadd said, what're you looking for? You could try college websites (Athletic department jobs), Craigslist, local arenas, local hockey shops, school (K-12) websites for athletic jobs...

Teamworkonline.com will keep you in the know about many open positions in pretty much any professional, semi-pro, and collegiate sport. It will probably cut the energy you spend searching by a lot. I spent some time on it and got sent notifications of 10-20 North American hockey job postings each month.

Nothing is better than knowing someone on the inside, but this will at least tell you where to start sending your resume.

Edit:

I should add that I don't work in hockey right now. I'm a student going into IT, and most of the job posting notifications I received were for ticketing and arena staff, or aimed at young, cheap and just-out-of-college marketing "help". It it struck me that whatever interesting jobs that paid decently were not showing up in my inbox and going to people already in the business instead. It's pretty typical for this to happen on a lot of industry job sites, so don't quit your day job over it.

Thank you for the replies guys. I am open to positions. I would like something as an instructor maybe for a camp/school.

I have searched for that, local rinks. I have also checked out local pro shops. I guess I was looking for an alternative or something similar to acha coaching jobs site.

Thanks,

Paul

Have you contacted any camps or schools directly? If you are looking for something that can support you without the need of another source of income, this will probably be tough. What experience do you already have?

Thank you for the replies guys. I am open to positions. I would like something as an instructor maybe for a camp/school.

I have searched for that, local rinks. I have also checked out local pro shops. I guess I was looking for an alternative or something similar to acha coaching jobs site.

Thanks,

Paul

I know can/am has an application on their website for camp staff. I remember seeing on CL last year CCM was looking for staff in various cities for their skills camps.