Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikej411

Girdle questions

according to the bauer catalogue, the new NXG will be available in Medium Tall, Large Tall and XL Tall.

I have a one95 XL girdle on the way. I decide that I couldn't wait any longer... I will probably regret it.

according to the bauer catalogue, the new NXG will be available in Medium Tall, Large Tall and XL Tall.

I have a one95 XL girdle on the way. I decide that I couldn't wait any longer... I will probably regret it.

Please report back on how this girdle works out for you size wise. From your early post we are basically the exact same height and weight. Your review will help me decide what size NXG to go with since they come in the tall sizing.

No one around my area carries much for girdles either.

I will let you know here how they fit. I was thinking large tall for the nxg.

Bauer large pants fit well at the waist but are too short. I'm not sure if my lhs will have the nxg in Stock this spring, they usually don't have girdles.

I'm 6'4.5" 210lbs 36" jeans.

So i finally got my hands on a one95 XL girdle. Bauer fit chart is correct when it states that it should fit up to 6'3". It's a little short, perhaps 1".

Everything else fits great, XL is definitely the right size for me. If I were to order the new NXG pant, I would order it in XLT as long as it fits the same as their current girdles.

I played my first game with it tonight, it's amazing how much smaller I look in this setup as opposed to my MHP7000 XL+2 pants. My jersey actually fits around my waist now instead of bunching up constantly. Protection seems great but obviously not on part with my 7000s, especially the back and hip area. But sure, my old pants were really bulky.

It did feel hotter than wearing pants tho.

edit: I should add that my old pants were a little big and perhaps one 1" too long

I had a revelation the other day.

The reason I wanted a girdle so badly was because I have a gut and wanted to be able to adjust the waist and legs separately to accomodate my shape. This would allow me to not wear suspenders and therefore my shoulder pads wouldnt be riding up all the time (since XL pants fit me in width but are huge otherwise so the kidney protection ends up nearly in my armpits - put shoulder pads on top of suspenders holding those up, and the shoulders ride up all the time).

A while back I thought maybe put my suspenders OVER my shoulders. Definitely did not like that one bit.

I tried Down Low shoulder pads a while back. Again, uncomfortable under the suspenders and since it was a shirt, it had to go under. I also found them to be REALLY hot.

Okay, fast forward to last week. I was sitting at home and just randomly thought... "well, what WOULD it be like to wear my downlow shoulders over my suspenders?" and tried it. The shirt the pads are attached to is loose enough that it just hangs over my pants, and then my jersey over top. It was... actually really comfortable. But the suspenders dug into my bare shoulders. So I put my normal base layer shirt on, then the suspenders, then the shoulders, then my jersey. Again, super comfortable. Tried it in a game, and found that the base layer shirt wicked away moisture fairly well, so I wasn't too hot under the downlow shoulders.

So... I think I've found my solution (at least until the REAL solution - weight loss so that suspenders are no longer necessary)!!

Very happy now :)

I know one or two members on this board have posted about them before. The overall sense was good if you're okay with a non-wrap type girdle. I tried a set on at my LHS but they were a large and I needed a small or medium. The sense I got from them when I had them on was they were very protective and fit snug against the body. The level of protection felt very nice and they weren't that heavy. I skated in them for one game and found them comfortable and not too hot. Unfortunately, because they were too big, I didn't continue to use them. Had they been the right size I definitely would have kept them. The kidney and hip protection is great. The tail bone pad is odd and didn't seem to sit right for me, but that's probably because they were not the correct size.

Oh, and if anyone has seen the Nitro Circus movie, Travis Pastrana wears the Easton girdle for some of his "stunts". So if he feels comfortable with the extra protection they offer him that has to speak about the protection they offer on the ice - haha.

I see a lot of people using one of the Bauer girdles or the Warrior Projeckt, does anyone use the Tackla 4000/4500? Have often thought about making the switch to this one.

I see a lot of people using one of the Bauer girdles or the Warrior Projeckt, does anyone use the Tackla 4000/4500? Have often thought about making the switch to this one.

The stitching on the 4000/4500 pulls out around the pads. I've owned a couple of them and it happened on both of them. If you want to go to that style, look at the Eagle X95. It has a more durable material covering the pads. It should hold up better and not rip the stitches as much.

The Easton girdle is extremely under rated because it isn't talked about often. extremely protective and extremely mobile. I'd almost go as far as to say it is the best girdle on the market for your buck.

I've been watching this topic for awhile because I'm really interested in a girdle because I play on a few different teams.

The problem I have is my shin guard tops overlap the girdle at the knee when I skate and it drives me nuts. (imagine your shins overlapping your pants)

I tried on a size smaller with shins and it didnt work :(

anyone have any ideas/solutions? I think the girdle at the knee is just too narrow and long...

The stitching on the 4000/4500 pulls out around the pads. I've owned a couple of them and it happened on both of them. If you want to go to that style, look at the Eagle X95. It has a more durable material covering the pads. It should hold up better and not rip the stitches as much.

I have both the Eagle X88 and X95 girdles and the X88 stitching has burst around the pads on one side. I don't like the material of the Eagle girdles as much as the old Bauer MBP.

I have both the Eagle X88 and X95 girdles and the X88 stitching has burst around the pads on one side. I don't like the material of the Eagle girdles as much as the old Bauer MBP.

The X88 is pretty much the same thing as the Tackla 4000/4500. That's why I suggested the X95

The problem I have is my shin guard tops overlap the girdle at the knee when I skate and it drives me nuts. (imagine your shins overlapping your pants)

The knee cap or the flap overlaps your girdle?

If it's the flap, how tight are your hockey socks? You could stretch them down along your pads before taping them. This will limit its movement.

The knee cap or the flap overlaps your girdle?

If it's the flap, how tight are your hockey socks? You could stretch them down along your pads before taping them. This will limit its movement.

The flap comes over the girdle..

do you tape over the flap? against your thigh? or you just cut it?

Shorten the legs on the girdle?

Doh! didn't know girdles let you shorten them

Doh! didn't know girdles let you shorten them

You could probably have a tailor or someone handy with a needle and thread do it.

The X88 is pretty much the same thing as the Tackla 4000/4500. That's why I suggested the X95

The X95 is a beefy version of the X88. The main material is the same, but the pads are really thick. It is quite heavier, so I haven't worn it as much. I would think the durability would be about the same as the X88.

The Easton girdle is extremely under rated because it isn't talked about often. extremely protective and extremely mobile. I'd almost go as far as to say it is the best girdle on the market for your buck.

I bought an Easton girdle a while back, the seams around the hip padding burst on both sides of the girdle within a month. Took it back to the store (as advised by Easton customer service) and went back to Bauer.

sorry if its a dumb question but new to girdles, do they stretch out over time and get looser? I am in between a large and xl and trying to determine what size to get. Going to head back to my lhs tomorrow and get one, tried them on quick today.

Any old shell will do. The 9k shell has velcro tabs that line up to the velcro on the girdle but it's not mandatory. I had one and switched back to an Easton because I preferred the fit.