Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RigTimmins

Bauer One.9 Skate Questions. HELP!

Got a lot of help from everyone on my last post, so I thought I would ask about this. I have been skating a Bauer Nexus 800 size 10 (D I believe). I enjoy this skate, but I originally wanted the Supreme One.9 but the LHS didn't have it in my size, and I had a game that night. The thing about the Nexus skate is everything I thought I wouldn't like about it is pretty prevalent. Lots of volume in the boot so I feel a bit more sluggish out on the ice and I don't really like striding power of the skate as much as my old skates (CCM CL). The bake wore out very quickly as well and now my heel is lifting a little bit in the right boot ( I know I can bake them again, but I'd rather not have to keep doing it until the skate wears out). Anyways, my brother really enjoys my skates, so I was thinking of just selling them to him and picking up the One.9. I'm a 12-12.5 shoe so I'll probably get a 10.5 in the supreme. I was wondering how everyone liked these skates? I had to get rid of my CLs because they were wrecking my ankles with lacebite to the point of where I couldn't skate without feeling debilitated. I think that Bauer just generally tends to fit my foot better and I don't feel like I have to crank the laces down like I did with the CCM.

Specifics I was wondering about were just heel lock, comfort, durability, protection and general skating.

Thanks for the help!

I absolutely love these skates. I was a long time graf user. I went in for new skates with full intentions of getting the new g75. The owner of the store put them on my feet and saw how they fit me. He suggested the one.9's. Absolutely perfect fit and they felt way better then the g75. I have a typical volume foot with skinny heel and wider forefoot. Coming from the grafs the stiff boot definitely took a few skates to get used to as well as the new pitch. I would say after 5 games I was completely comfortable and will never look back.

Performance is night and day from my old skates. The only thing that I did was kept my custom sidas insoles and put them in the bauers. You will love these man, I say give them a go if they fit your foot properly.

I have a skinny heel and a wider forefoot as well and I have almost no fat at all around my feet and ankles so it usually pretty tough to find a skate that has a 100% lock. Do the one.9's fit deeper than the G75? As far as pitch, I hear Graf's lean quite a bit forward, so the Supreme would be a little more relaxed (That's fine for me because I'm 6'5 220, so a big forward pitch has always felt a little awkard to me)?

I had the same problem, i prefer the Bauer one.9 fit over the NXG and the nexus. I felt my heel was locked in better and the skate felt better all around, that being said i still prefer my CCM CL. I found the Bauer feels like a lower cut boot, not by much compared the CCM. I would sell the nexus to your brother and get the one.9 better molding capabilities as well so i have been told and felt on my foot

I had the same problem, i prefer the Bauer one.9 fit over the NXG and the nexus. I felt my heel was locked in better and the skate felt better all around, that being said i still prefer my CCM CL. I found the Bauer feels like a lower cut boot, not by much compared the CCM. I would sell the nexus to your brother and get the one.9 better molding capabilities as well so i have been told and felt on my foot

I wore a 10 D in the Nexus (supposedly an EE last or something?)...Do you think I would need to go a little wider since I have a few pains in my forefoot to an EE? How was the depth and width in the one.9 compared with the Nexus? I loved the way by CLs skated as well, but like I said, they just destroyed my ankles with lacebite.

Specifics I was wondering about were just heel lock, comfort, durability, protection and general skating.

1) Heel locks in wonderfully, particularly after having the skates baked.

2) Comfort (for me) is a 9/10. I had to get the skates rebaked and then punched out on the inside area of the ball of my right foot, as it seemed to pinch there after a few weeks of skating in them. After that I have no complaints about comfort level of these skates. You barely even notice that they are on your feet.

3) Since the outer material is a harder shell, it does tend to get scratched and scuffed. Scuffs rub off easily, but you will inevitably end up with some wear and tear on them. I have two gripes about the rubber area near the toe cap that has that gold line on it. Someone's skate hit me there and almost tore that rubber bit right off. I had to super glue it back on. The other gripe is that the gold line wears away very easily, which is a very minor concern, but makes the skates look worn-out after a short period of time.

4) Protection - I took a hard shot off the outside of my foot and hit the skate somewhere near the middle of the boot. I won't lie, it stung a lot. Probably more-so because I broke my foot many years ago in the exact spot that it hit. I'm convinced that if I were wearing my old pair of skates I could potentially have rebroken it.

5) These skates will improve your skating PERIOD. They are fantastic. I enrolled in a power skating program shortly after having purchased them and the combination of the instruction and the new-found confidence that comes with a pair of one.9s have done some incredible things for my development as a player.

If you want my opinion, buy them and never look back. Hopefully they will last you 5-6 years before you start thinking of replacements.

Got a lot of help from everyone on my last post, so I thought I would ask about this. I have been skating a Bauer Nexus 800 size 10 (D I believe). I enjoy this skate, but I originally wanted the Supreme One.9 but the LHS didn't have it in my size, and I had a game that night. The thing about the Nexus skate is everything I thought I wouldn't like about it is pretty prevalent. Lots of volume in the boot so I feel a bit more sluggish out on the ice and I don't really like striding power of the skate as much as my old skates (CCM CL). The bake wore out very quickly as well and now my heel is lifting a little bit in the right boot ( I know I can bake them again, but I'd rather not have to keep doing it until the skate wears out). Anyways, my brother really enjoys my skates, so I was thinking of just selling them to him and picking up the One.9. I'm a 12-12.5 shoe so I'll probably get a 10.5 in the supreme. I was wondering how everyone liked these skates? I had to get rid of my CLs because they were wrecking my ankles with lacebite to the point of where I couldn't skate without feeling debilitated. I think that Bauer just generally tends to fit my foot better and I don't feel like I have to crank the laces down like I did with the CCM.

Thanks for the help!

Sorry if I am wrong, its sounds like from your post that you have not tried on the One.9 in an LHS yet?

That being said the Nexus and Supreme fit very different.. Obviously the Nexus is deeper and wider in the forefoot and toe area. The nexus 800 and down have an average width heel, and the Nexus 1000 has a deep "V" cut heel and a bit less volume up front.

I have the Nexus 800 skates in 7EE, I have Thinner ankles, high instep and wide forefoot, toe area. I typically fit into a 7.5E in most skates, but since the Nexus has the right volume for my foot it sits naturally and fills up a smaller skate.

The Supreme have what Bauer calls anatomical fit, which isnt as narrow as Vapors but tighter in most areas than Nexus.

Regarding backing to get better heel lock... your statement of re-baking to get the heel lock back concerns me because backing is intended to speed up the break in process and allow your foot to be molded to the interior of the skate. What will usually happen after backing is it will produce a bit more space length wise because your heel will get pushed back slightly as the boot moves to accept your shape. If you are not properly fitted prior to baking, i.e... the boot is to big, then backing will make this worse... In the case of the Nexus, if you are not into the toe cap prior to baking, you will be floating in these boots after they heat mold.

I dont think I answered your question directly :) but what it really comes down to is what is the best fit for your particular foot.. not what boot do I want to fit into..

You can always punch, stretch and lengthen your way into the perfect fit, but you cant fix a larger skate.