Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikej411

Lightweight mobile shoulder pads for beer league

Without any more information on your part I'd go ahead an name mine - CCM Crazy-Lite (CL) or Crazy-Strong (CS), both very light, still very protective, don't soak up water and have a nice low profile.

Padded rugby shirt might not be a bad idea. Are the Bauer Classic Supremes as lightweight and mobile as the Sherwood 5030s? I was thinking about going with the Sherwoods, but they are lacking protection

To me the answer is pretty easy, Farrell H500 or H600 shoulder pads. Fully customizable to your liking and very lightweight & mobile.

Why are the Farrels an easy answer? How do they differ from sherwood 5030 or Bauer classic supremes? Ive never looked into the Farrels so i dont know anything about them

Why are the Farrels an easy answer? How do they differ from sherwood 5030 or Bauer classic supremes? Ive never looked into the Farrels so i dont know anything about them

and it's hard to ask customer service, as the company is pretty much down.

But farrell is a good option imo indeed, and I don't think you're gonna have lighter shoulder pads than 5030.

I'd look mostly into lacrosse gear, combined with a rugby shirt.

Padded rugby shirt might not be a bad idea. Are the Bauer Classic Supremes as lightweight and mobile as the Sherwood 5030s? I was thinking about going with the Sherwoods, but they are lacking protection

Yes they are. Good protection too.

I would try out different ones at your LHS. I tried on a bunch of different brands in the same size and a few when I lifted up my arms would completely shift up my neck to my jaw. There were a few that felt way better than others and ended up with Warrior Bully's. The shoulder caps are a little big imo but they're nice.

A few guys on my beer league team have started going to the rugby/roller hockey shirts. They really like them as it gives protection but leaves mobility. I don't hear them complaining about over-heating either. Seems to work out well for them.

How do those 1899s compare to the Bauer supreme classics?

From the looks of it, those Warrior Bully's don't have any rib pads

Those CCM u+04 look like they'd be too much. I was thinking something like the bauer/ccm classics

You could check out lacrosse shoulder pads. They are generally lighter and cooler than hockey shoulder pads. Plus a lot of them have bicep pads and caps that are removable (velcro) because a lot of players remove them in favor of mobility. Having said that, my son wears his CCM U+CL hockey shoulder pads for lacrosse... go figure.

i've been using the bauer classics for a few years now in beer league and love them. they're good enough for the occasional rough stuff or a puck hitting you. not very protective though. caps are nice and small too, very low profile. I can second the roller hockey/rugby shirts. few friends wear them and love them.