Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IniNew

2013 Proposed Realignment

I dont get why fans are getting so angry about it its not like its going to effect them what so ever. Im a devils fan but come on its going back to the old 4 divisions it used to be like.

I dont get why fans are getting so angry about it its not like its going to effect them what so ever. Im a devils fan but come on its going back to the old 4 divisions it used to be like.

Two of the original six teams will be in divisions without any of the other O-6 teams and Chicago will be the only O-6 team in the west, I don't like losing the tradition of game.

Two of the original six teams will be in divisions without any of the other O-6 teams and Chicago will be the only O-6 team in the west, I don't like losing the tradition of game.

Rivalry wont change their 2 very close sport cities they will always hate eachother.

The Blackhawks and the Red Wings, so they tell us, have played each other more than any other two teams. Now they're down to only two games a year, and not competing with each other for a regular-season title.

Rivalry wont change their 2 very close sport cities they will always hate eachother.

Rivalries come from playing each other regularly.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. You can develop new rivalries, we can't change the way the countries are shaped.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. You can develop new rivalries, we can't change the way the countries are shaped.

I don't disagree, but this was a solution for a problem that largely didn't exist. They could have fixed the same problems without such a massive overhaul. The only reason they needed to make such a drastic change was to accommodate Detroit's preference to play in the eastern conference.

I don't disagree, but this was a solution for a problem that largely didn't exist. They could have fixed the same problems without such a massive overhaul. The only reason they needed to make such a drastic change was to accommodate Detroit's preference to play in the eastern conference.

Travel for a lot of teams was severely cut down. It wasn't just about Detroit.

The problem is that rivalries often take time and, more often than not, playoff match ups to develop.

So the teams in the new conferences aren't going to play each other in the playoffs?

They also helped the Florida teams by giving them more home dates with the likes of Boston, Detroit, Montreal, and Toronto. Plus, as a Boston fan, I love the increased possibility of Boston-Montreal playoff matchups.

They also helped the Florida teams by giving them more home dates with the likes of Boston, Detroit, Montreal, and Toronto. Plus, as a Boston fan, I love the increased possibility of Boston-Montreal playoff matchups.

The numbers don't really bear that out. Other than games around spring break or x-mas, they didn't seem to bring in higher numbers for those games last season and the numbers were no different this year. Now that they are all but eliminated, the numbers may drop off more.

Travel for a lot of teams was severely cut down. It wasn't just about Detroit.

So the teams in the new conferences aren't going to play each other in the playoffs?

Probably yes but not necessarily every year depending on standings.